Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands to host 8A Christopher Columbus Miami (FL)

Featured Replies

They call me cocky and I say what?

It ain't bragging....if you back it up!

LOL Just sayin'

  • Replies 185
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is all the "Fuss" about in this thread? This is good reading my friends!!!!

Be careful what you ask for. I don't think Ryle will shy away from anyone in the upcoming years. In fact if you look at Ryle's schedule we play our district and other top programs. We have not had one cream puff or gimme on our schedule. This is what hellbird refers to.. the arrogance. Can't wait to kick some bluebird butt.

 

I would love to get Ryle back on the schedule. They were always willing to step up until the past year and they were often competitive games.

What is all the "Fuss" about in this thread? This is good reading my friends!!!!

 

Awe c'mon TBirds. It all started when someone mentioned "stepping up" and

 

Wait! What?

 

Lol! We'll played!

I would love to get Ryle back on the schedule. They were always willing to step up until the past year and they were often competitive games.

 

Oh no you di'nt!

Christopher Columbus is not that little school that HHS played last year. Don't be so cocky. Be prepared to see SPEED, and get your bell's rung. This is a huge inner city school and they will play with a chip on their shoulders. They will not come in quiet or leave quietly.

Christopher Columbus is not that little school that HHS played last year. Don't be so cocky. Be prepared to see SPEED, and get your bell's rung. This is a huge inner city school and they will play with a chip on their shoulders. They will not come in quiet or leave quietly.

 

Actually, it seems like you agree with HHS fans that it could be a very good team that is coming in. So now HHS has been accused of both overselling AND overlooking the FL team. Interesting.

Actually, it seems like you agree with HHS fans that it could be a very good team that is coming in. So now HHS has been accused of both overselling AND overlooking the FL team. Interesting.

 

I'm just saying that this team plays with the big boys in Miami. So I wouldn't be so cocky. I seriously doubt that you will win. That's good, losing exposes your weakness and gives you an opportunity to get better.

How many games has Ryle won the last two seasons? And why does Ryle even care what Highlands does? I am a fan of neither school but this thread seems to have a few Ryle faithful wanting to criticize both who Highlands played last year and criticize Highlands fans for acting arrogant about this year's opponent. Hey Highlands picked up one serious opponent. I mean seriously why didn't Highlands play a GCL school or Colerain......Oh wait they cannot play in week 0. Well why didn't Highlands play Trinity or St X....Oh wait they already had a game scheduled.....

Man that AD at Highlands just does not know how to schedule.......... (that is sarcasm BTW).

 

Can one of the Ryle folk start a Ryle thread and post your schedule so we can see it and perhaps dissect it and see where you need to go with it?

I'm just saying that this team plays with the big boys in Miami. So I wouldn't be so cocky. I seriously doubt that you will win. That's good, losing exposes your weakness and gives you an opportunity to get better.

 

Who has been cocky about the FL team that is a HHS supporter? As I said it seems like people have been accusing us of overselling them. I think the HHS fans appreciate that it is a school coming out of the largest class in FL that got past the first round of playoffs last year. It's the non HHS fans who seem to be trying to put them down.

Be careful what you ask for. I don't think Ryle will shy away from anyone in the upcoming years. In fact if you look at Ryle's schedule we play our district and other top programs. We have not had one cream puff or gimme on our schedule. This is what hellbird refers to.. the arrogance. Can't wait to kick some bluebird butt.

 

Have you not read all the post in this thread. All Highlands fans respect this team from Florida. We all fully expect a very good team to come to Gt Thomas next fall. I for one am excited to see a team of this caliber. I hope they are all what you say and Highlands can give a great effort and make it a competitive game and enjoyable for everyone. Even the folks from The Boone Cty schools.

Christopher Columbus is not that little school that HHS played last year. Don't be so cocky. Be prepared to see SPEED, and get your bell's rung. This is a huge inner city school and they will play with a chip on their shoulders. They will not come in quiet or leave quietly.

 

I agree with most of your post but Christopher Columbus is about the furthest you can get from an "inner city school".

 

You are talking about one of the top Private Schools in South Florida. I'd say some of their parents have yachts that cost more than our houses.

  • Author
I'm just saying that this team plays with the big boys in Miami. So I wouldn't be so cocky. I seriously doubt that you will win. That's good, losing exposes your weakness and gives you an opportunity to get better.

 

Hence the term "stepping up", finally someone that understands me.

  • Author
What is all the "Fuss" about in this thread? This is good reading my friends!!!!

 

No problems here, the big fuss is posters saying that HHS can't use the term "stepping up" when referring to teams that enroll 4 times as many boys than HHS enrolls and just because they are a big 8A school from FL doesn't make them any better than KY teams let alone teams from NKY.

 

I don't know, this whole thing has my head spinning. I don't know if I want to be in the game anymore or just be TFVH. Doctors are saying to just be myself and forget about the double personality stuff.

They are saying the medicine takes about 2 wks before it really starts working.

No problems here, the big fuss is posters saying that HHS can't use the term "stepping up" when referring to teams that enroll 4 times as many boys than HHS enrolls and just because they are a big 8A school from FL doesn't make them any better than KY teams let alone teams from NKY.

 

I don't know, this whole thing has my head spinning. I don't know if I want to be in the game anymore or just be TFVH. Doctors are saying to just be myself and forget about the double personality stuff.

They are saying the medicine takes about 2 wks before it really starts working.

 

I would give it couple more days and everything should be back to normal.

 

Glad to see Highlands start to get their equipment yesterday for Spring ball. Still a few weeks away but always better to be prepared.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.