Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands to host 8A Christopher Columbus Miami (FL)

Featured Replies

I would like to hear more about this team. Anyone?

 

At first blush this sounds like a completely different animal than the clown show that showed up last year.

 

Their QB is rated #4 by Maxpreps top 100. I'm thinking this may be the same kid that two of Highlands players have already played against in the USA football camp. He was white team captain when Beau Hoge and Andrew Abner went to the USA camp a couple three years ago. I think TBirds can add to that.

 

Either way, after watching some Hudl film on this team and their players, they will be nowhere near the "clown show" team from last year. This team will be a battle for Highlands. Will be great exposure for both. That's what it's all about anyway.

 

But didn't HHS fans continue to talk up the team they played last year even after the game, and now you call it a clown show just so you can talk up this new opponent. 7-5 is not a top team no matter what class they play in. Don't start talking the team up as if they are ranked #5 in the country.

 

OMG! It's like there are two of them on here. I think someone hacked your account.

 

Ok, I quoted the other post to point this out. As you can clearly see from the above, Guru called it a "clown show". I merely referenced it with quotation marks mind you, so that I could bring light to it. If you went to the game last year, I would hardly call University Christian a "clown show". I used quotes again there. UC last year was a good team. Don't really care where you stand on that one.

 

Now this years Florida team, from Miami looks to be another quality opponent. What is wrong with talking up a team. After watching plenty of highlights on them from Hudl, they appear to be a very good team for the upcoming season. They have the #4 rated QB by Maxpreps returning along with several other top starters. They did indeed have their top DB(FSU commit) transfer after this past season was completed to another Miami school, but I'm sure with a roster of over 140, they will find a quality replacement.

 

I'm not sure what the problem is here with people wanting to talk teams up. You surely don't talk down your competition at Cooper do you? Maybe you do. To each his own.

 

I like the addition of this team as I have stated before. Hope this all works out with scheduling and this game comes to fruition. I'm told it has, but I haven't received my 2014 schedule as of yet. Guess I will have to call the Gobbler and see if he has a copy.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and from what I'm told, CCHS coaches asked if Highlands would be able to keep up with them. With that said, CCHS sees Highlands as a "clown show". IMO!

Clown show part deux lol

 

J/k

Good to see the clowns busting on Highlands and their opponents. Just means Highlands is still THE top team in NKY and a Top Team in KY. The jealousy still rolls on. Keep it up SK and Cooper fans it's very entertaining.

 

Difference in team philosophy..... 6A school plays a. 2A schedule and settles for an undefeated season. 4A school plays tougher schedule, loses in state finals then upgrades opponents to get batter. Cooper was a one year wonder who'll be lucky to sniff the finals in the next 10 years.

Playing a 7-5 team is considered stepping up?

 

In this case, I'd say definitely.

For what it is worth, Calprep's shows Columbus [Christopher] (Miami, FL) with a 2013 final rating of 37.0.

 

That would have been good for 18th in Kentucky last year, behind John Hardin and just ahead of Wayne County.

 

John Hardin or Wayne County don't have the #4 QB in the nation or play in the largest division in Florida either though.

 

This is a solid game. Generally speaking, teams like this don't have the athletic budgets to pull off this kind of travel unless they're really good.

Are people on here really trying to down play an 8A Florida team? I guarantee they would pound 99% of teams in Ky..You people kill me...:idunno:

  • Author
Are people on here really trying to down play an 8A Florida team? I guarantee they would pound 99% of teams in Ky..You people kill me...:idunno:

 

I agree. There have been so many people on here telling HHS to go play teams from OH,Fl, TX and CA and see how you do. Yes, these states play arguably the best HS football in the country.

But teams like HHS, Trinity and Bowling Green have shown they can compete and beat the top programs in their respective states.

 

With how tough it is for HHS to get games scheduled I can see more and more of the out of state opponents not by choice but by reality.

 

Trinity has been forced to do it now, HHS and BG are also beginning to follow suit. I feel like these teams win consistency because of their strength of schedules. Again, reality

I just don't understand why highlands fans respond to UKfan. Its obvious be is doing it to be funny. I chuckle.

Are people on here really trying to down play an 8A Florida team? I guarantee they would pound 99% of teams in Ky..You people kill me...:idunno:

 

I am not but a lot of folks wanted to downplay CovCath playing two huge I believe 8A or 7A Florida Basketball teams when CovCath went to Fla this Christmas!

Are people on here really trying to down play an 8A Florida team? I guarantee they would pound 99% of teams in Ky..You people kill me...:idunno:

Not picking on you raiderbird, just the time that I finally decided to post this comment. I never get this argument. Just because a team is from Florida or Texas does not mean they are super. By that rational, every 6A team in Kentucky could beatt every 5A team in Kentucky and every 3A team in Kentucky could beat every 2A team in Kentucky. That is simply not the case. I'm sure Florida has some "not so great" 8A teams, and some "not so great" 3A teams and so on. Just because a team is from Florida does not make them better then anyone and it honestly surprises me that people say things like this on here all the time.

 

Now, I say the above not knowing about this team, they be a great team, I don't know. But basically any generalization is wrong on face value.

Are people on here really trying to down play an 8A Florida team? I guarantee they would pound 99% of teams in Ky..You people kill me...:idunno:

I'm not, I'm just pointing out the remark about stepping up etc. it's nice they are playing teams from Florida but when some say the team last year wasn't very good, this team doesn't seem like much of an improvement yet some are making it sound like they are playing one of the best in the country.

 

It is what it is, a 7-5 team not a 15-0 state championship team.

 

I didn't read Rams post before posting this and that is why I am adding this. He hit the nail on the head. Just because it is a team from Florida doesn't make them great. The stereotype some put on teams from out of state is no wonder many on here say Ky football is bad, they are all petrified of any other states teams when in reality we have some great football in this state.

  • Author

If HHS beats this team, then this FL team is horrible.

If HHS loses, then HHS is not very good or they are suppose to lose.

 

LOL, there are a whole bunch of teams in the USA that would like to have all these problems.

I just did the USA Today Head to Head from last year and it had Collins beating Christopher Columbus 28-17. For some reason it wouldn't pull Highlands up in the data base. It also had CovCath winning by 1pt...So I guess we'll see...:idunno:

  • Author
I just did the USA Today Head to Head from last year and it had Collins beating Christopher Columbus 28-17. For some reason it wouldn't pull Highlands up in the data base. It also had CovCath winning by 1pt...So I guess we'll see...:idunno:

 

Well maybe then the argument that FL has the best HS football in the USA could just that, an argument and more than likely a myth.

 

Perhaps some of the best football teams in the country come from KY. Three teams come to mind from KY that have proven they can play with the best but states like FL, OH, TX and CA have anywhere from 25 to 100 teams each that are equal if not better than KY 3 best.

 

Bottom line is HHS advertised for a game for Wk 0 and nobody answered in KY. I was right when I said that HHS would not just be advertising in KY but nationwide because of obvious reasons. Another team from FL answered the email, they talked and found a date that worked for both schools. Kudos to CC for answering the call and agreeing to play.

 

? for all the naysayers? Why in the world would an 7-5 team from Southern Fl want to travel to a little town and school in KY to play a 20 time state champion in Oct? I would love to hear the reasons from anyone outside of HHS with no dog in this fight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.