Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CBS will air eight Thursday Night Football games in 2014

Featured Replies

The NFL had been searching for a broadcast partner to simulcast its NFL Network Thursday night games, and even though a simulcast with NFL Network is a less valuable property than an exclusive rights agreement, every network was interested because the NFL draws huge ratings. In the end, it was CBS that offered the NFL the most attractive package.

 

CBS announcers Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the Thursday night games, while NFL Network hosts and analysts will work alongside CBS announcers for pregame, halftime and postgame.

 

CBS will air eight Thursday Night Football games in 2014 | ProFootballTalk

:clap:

 

Not a fan of the competitive concept of Thursday night games but always a fan of football on Free TV

Never thought I'd say this being much more of a college fan than I am the pro's, but GOOD.

 

Some of these Thursday night college games are just not really enjoyable.

 

Maryland vs. Pittsburg. I'll pass.

Not a fan of Thursday night games. I've already got a full night with college and high school football as well as The Big Bang Theory.

  • Author

Count me in the "Love It" category. In other words I love Thursday night NFL football.

 

Unlike many of you I really do enjoy Phil Simms. However, I also like Mike Mayock on the Thursday night games for the NFL Network.

I don't like them because I usually forget they are on. Sunday is football day to me for NFL.

Smart move by CBS. Football is a ratings driver. More people have access to CBS than the NFL Network and more people will choose CBS simply because they hate the NFL Network.

I sure hope they don't have crap games on Thursdays like they did this past season. The Thursday night games sucked and by the end of the season they weren't even worth the attention.

I sure hope they don't have crap games on Thursdays like they did this past season. The Thursday night games sucked and by the end of the season they weren't even worth the attention.

 

They will because every team has to be on Thursday night.

  • Author

I like watching teams I otherwise wouldn't see.

 

Plus, you can almost always find a rooting interest in the game as it relates to the team you follow and because of that it doesn't matter what game is on if you are a die-hard fan.

Gambling and fantasy football will make lots want to watch!

Gambling and fantasy football will make lots want to watch!

 

And make people mad because they forgot to set their line-ups.

Edited by spindoc

They will because every team has to be on Thursday night.

I don't believe that is correct. Each team has to play atleast one prime time game.

I don't believe that is correct. Each team has to play atleast one prime time game.

 

Correct. Every team is guaranteed at least one Thursday, Sunday, or Monday night game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.