Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For the guy who reminds everyone when they're wrong

Featured Replies

Just so you know spin. I've been quietly pulling for UK to get to the Final Four for the soul purpose of sticking this thread where the sun don't shine... :banana:

  • Replies 93
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm one of the few that have been pro twins all season.

Amazing how much a thread changes and players progress from Jan to April..

I'm one of the few that have been pro twins all season.

 

Me too.

Me too.

Not me and I will be the first to say they have stressed me out this year.

 

They are playing so much better since the SEC tourney started. They still make me pull my hair out when they miss easy layup a though. They are better away from the basket. Whenever Aaron drives to the basket it is if he is just looking for a foul and throws the ball up instead if trying to make it and that will Always be frustrating to me.

I always just had the thought, "they are freshman, it's what's expected of freshman."

Twins probably don't get Maryland to the tourney, yet at UK 30 games later they along with Randle and other heros are in the final 4. Just took a lot longer than anyone expected.

Twins probably don't get Maryland to the tourney, yet at UK 30 games later they along with Randle and other heros are in the final 4. Just took a lot longer than anyone expected.

 

Because the expectation of UK fans is that every kid Cal recruits will be an All American from day 1. Simply isn't how it works outside of MAYBE one or two guys a year that should be in the NBA. The twins are still the same guys they were 6 weeks ago, they just gained the experience needed to play closer to their potential. The potential that had them near the top of the class, but still below Parker, Randle, Wiggins and Gordon for good reason.

 

Go over this list and tell me who deserved to be rated ahead of the twins. I'll be waiting...

 

2013 Basketball Top Recruits

Because the expectation of UK fans is that every kid Cal recruits will be an All American from day 1. Simply isn't how it works outside of MAYBE one or two guys a year that should be in the NBA. The twins are still the same guys they were 6 weeks ago, they just gained the experience needed to play closer to their potential. The potential that had them near the top of the class, but still below Parker, Randle, Wiggins and Gordon for good reason.

 

Go over this list and tell me who deserved to be rated ahead of the twins. I'll be waiting...

 

2013 Basketball Top Recruits

 

That is UK for you. And when Cal brought Wall along with him people expect that every year. It is completely not fair, hopefully, UK fans understand how the system works now. You could still argue the team doesn't click correctly but they have decided to play as a team at this point. Once the dance started they started playing like their is no tomorrow. They did not do that once all season.

Because the expectation of UK fans is that every kid Cal recruits will be an All American from day 1. Simply isn't how it works outside of MAYBE one or two guys a year that should be in the NBA. The twins are still the same guys they were 6 weeks ago, they just gained the experience needed to play closer to their potential. The potential that had them near the top of the class, but still below Parker, Randle, Wiggins and Gordon for good reason.

 

Go over this list and tell me who deserved to be rated ahead of the twins. I'll be waiting...

 

2013 Basketball Top Recruits

 

I suppose Embid but it's apples and oranges. I really like Kasey Hill but not bette than Andrew

That is UK for you. And when Cal brought Wall along with him people expect that every year. It is completely not fair, hopefully, UK fans understand how the system works now. You could still argue the team doesn't click correctly but they have decided to play as a team at this point. Once the dance started they started playing like their is no tomorrow. They did not do that once all season.

This!!!

 

For people to actually try and play the I told you so crap seem to forget the entire regular season. It isn't that simple.

 

I don't remember anyone ever saying the twins could never improve, what I have heard and said myself was they were frustrating and not playing to their hype which was 110% true all through the regular season. Just don't understand anyone saying I told you so when they were wrong for 3 months of the 3 month long season.

I suppose Embid but it's apples and oranges. I really like Kasey Hill but not bette than Andrew

 

Like I said when I was first called out, I thought Embiid was top 5 and had Ennis close to the twins. I thought Young was better but he has been more inconsistent so I'll take that one. End of the day the twins were rated right where they belonged give or take one or two spots.

 

No surprise spin hasn't checked in to get his Novocaine... :D

This!!!

 

For people to actually try and play the I told you so crap seem to forget the entire regular season. It isn't that simple.

 

I don't remember anyone ever saying the twins could never improve, what I have heard and said myself was they were frustrating and not playing to their hype which was 110% true all through the regular season. Just don't understand anyone saying I told you so when they were wrong for 3 months of the 3 month long season.

 

Um, in case you missed it this thread was started to say I was wrong on where they were rated in this class.

 

Even when they struggled, they were still each deserving of their top 10 ranking amongst all other freshmen.

 

And those three months don't mean a darn thing in college basketball. They played well enough to help get UK in the tournament, and then kicked it up to a higher level to put them in the Final Four against a BRUTAL draw. Playing at your highest level in March is what matters, and now they will live the dream of playing in April.

 

So yes. I told LRCW so. Spin gave him a bad evaluation, and now UK is playing in Jerry World for a title. GT- 1. Spin- 0...

Harrisons caught so much crap because they aren't mega superstars. They still aren't after tonight, they are very good guards and right now they are playing like a senior Keith Bogans.

 

When Cal gets a Davis or Wall we all bow down.

 

You get Harrisons or Knight you gotta learn to be patient.

Harrisons caught so much crap because they aren't mega superstars. They still aren't after tonight, they are very good guards and right now they are playing like a senior Keith Bogans.

 

When Cal gets a Davis or Wall we all bow down.

 

You get Harrisons or Knight you gotta learn to be patient.

 

Fans just have a warped sense of what landing a "5 star" player means 99% of the time. It doesn't mean you get an NBA ready player like most WANT to believe when that kid picks their school. It does mean the talent is there to be a really good college player if and when they figure it out. Most do eventually, but predicting when is a crap shoot. Andrew and Aaron got on that path over the last two weeks, and now UK is playing for a title. Good on them, and bad on the UK fans that set their own expectations despite 4 previous year that showed it takes time to get there if your name isn't Anthony Davis...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.