For the guy who reminds everyone when they're wrong

spindoc

Mar 14, 13, 04:27 PM #1108 LRCW

user-offline.png

Premium Member avatar2521_35.gif

Join Date Jan 02 Location Watching the Reds on their journey to be the 2013 World Champs!!! Posts 47,797

I've heard a couple people say they feel the Harrison twins are overrated? What say you GT?

Mar 14, 13, 05:21 PM #1109 gametime

user-offline.png

Premium Member avatar4851_9.gif

Join DateJul 02LocationBig O > Every Wildcat EverPosts83,748im_aim.gifim_yahoo.gif

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LRCW
viewpost-right.png

I've heard a couple people say they feel the Harrison twins are overrated? What say you GT?

Not very smart people...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think they have a chance to be good, but their progress has no doubt been much like their feet on defense. Slow. Still, they combine for 24.8 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.5 assists. Not great, but much better than BBN give them credit for...

Looking at the 247 Composite rankings the twins were 5th and 6th in the class. I always felt Young was better, but he was rated 9th. The biggest mistake in the industry was having Tyler Ennis 23rd. Embiid was 14th and deserved a spot in the top 5. So the twins should have probably been 8th and 9th in the class. That's not far off how they are playing as freshmen. Not my fault the perspective of others is off base... :D

Those people LRCW talked to must have seen something different. Just like to let you know you're fallible. You're a good sport even though it took 2 posts and a short diatribe to admit it was almost your bad.:jump:

They were and still are top 10 players in the freshman class. The flaws being exposed are why they were rated behind Wiggins, Parker, Randle and Gordon. The overrated talk was a product of a few services having both in the top 3, and to that extent I agreed both then and now. But we are at splitting hairs level if the complaint is they should be 8th and 9th instead of 3rd and 4th...

They were and still are top 10 players in the freshman class. The flaws being exposed are why they were rated behind Wiggins, Parker, Randle and Gordon. The overrated talk was a product of a few services having both in the top 3, and to that extent I agreed both then and now. But we are at splitting hairs level if the complaint is they should be 8th and 9th instead of 3rd and 4th...
So you think they're still in the top ten in this class?

And for the record I thought Ennis deserved to be closer to the top 10, but not ahead of the twins. Missed there. I felt Embiid was top 5 the first time I saw him. Was a lot like seeing Anthony Davis at his first big event and knowing right away he would rise to #1 in the class...

Here's some perspective that I mentioned. We will go back to the 2011 class because 2012 was weak across the board. 5th and 6th in 2011 were Quincy Miller and James Michael McAdoo while 8th and 9th were LeBryan Nash and Adonis Thomas. Miller is getting spot minutes for Denver, JMM hasn't lived up to the hype, Nash is having a solid junior season for OK State and Thomas has yet to play in the NBA. They were all rated fairly accurately as top 10 guys in the class, but that doesn't guarantee success...

Looking at the 247 Composite rankings the twins were 5th and 6th in the class. I always felt Young was better, but he was rated 9th. The biggest mistake in the industry was having Tyler Ennis 23rd. Embiid was 14th and deserved a spot in the top 5. So the twins should have probably been 8th and 9th in the class. That's not far off how they are playing as freshmen. Not my fault the perspective of others is off base... :D

The unrealistic expectations of the UK fan base, which includes me, seems to be weighing on the Harrisons.