Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For the guy who reminds everyone when they're wrong

Featured Replies

Fans just have a warped sense of what landing a "5 star" player means 99% of the time. It doesn't mean you get an NBA ready player like most WANT to believe when that kid picks their school. It does mean the talent is there to be a really good college player if and when they figure it out. Most do eventually, but predicting when is a crap shoot. Andrew and Aaron got on that path over the last two weeks, and now UK is playing for a title. Good on them, and bad on the UK fans that set their own expectations despite 4 previous year that showed it takes time to get there if your name isn't Anthony Davis...

 

People forget that Wall struggled with turnovers.

 

After reading your post it makes me wonder just how good is Cal at bringing these guys along? I think the answer is obvious but it must be really impressive to someone like yourself who is very familiar with these type of kids.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm one that's eating crow over past comments I made about the twins. I admit it. I'll have more reasonable patience with young players in the future.

  • Author
Like I said when I was first called out, I thought Embiid was top 5 and had Ennis close to the twins. I thought Young was better but he has been more inconsistent so I'll take that one. End of the day the twins were rated right where they belonged give or take one or two spots.

 

No surprise spin hasn't checked in to get his Novocaine... :D

You know me better than that. I don't duck. And I'll say this, the twins have come into their own the last 3 weeks. Better hope they don't disappear Saturday, and I have no reason to think they will.

You know me better than that. I don't duck. And I'll say this, the twins have come into their own the last 3 weeks. Better hope they don't disappear Saturday, and I have no reason to think they will.

Don't worry, if they do disappear Saturday he will still ignore the entire regular season and base everything on 3 games instead of 3 months just so he can blow his own horn. He's never one to admit he was wrong. Remember he was the one who said there wasn't a better freshman guards than the Harrisons and then when I pointed out a couple he then said something along the lines of, well besides them. lol

  • Author

I watched them play more than once in AAU. I was less than impressed how they handled ball pressure, shot it inconsistently and couldn't defend. I'm sure you saw them more than I did. And while they still can't defend, they are so much better offensively than they were when I saw them and how they played 90% of this basketball season. So, if we are rating them on the last three weeks, they are far better than anything I watched before they got to UK. Can't deny their length at the position and ability to get to the rim. I'm still not sold how well either will translate at the next level.

I watched them play more than once in AAU. I was less than impressed how they handled ball pressure' date=' shot it inconsistently and couldn't defend. I'm sure you saw them more than I did. And while they still can't defend, they are so much better offensively than they were when I saw them and how they played 90% of this basketball season. So, if we are rating them on the last three weeks, they are far better than anything I watched before they got to UK. Can't deny their length at the position and ability to get to the rim. I'm still not sold how well either will translate at the next level.[/quote']

 

Freshmen guards better than the twins. Maybe Tyler Ennis. That's the list...

Don't worry, if they do disappear Saturday he will still ignore the entire regular season and base everything on 3 games instead of 3 months just so he can blow his own horn. He's never one to admit he was wrong. Remember he was the one who said there wasn't a better freshman guards than the Harrisons and then when I pointed out a couple he then said something along the lines of, well besides them. lol

 

Who are these freshman guards you speak of? I can think of one.

Who are these freshman guards you speak of? I can think of one.

Go back and find that thread and posts, I'm not going there again. He stated the Harrison's were the best freshman guards, i showed him and you they weren't, end of discussion.

Go back and find that thread and posts, I'm not going there again. He stated the Harrison's were the best freshman guards, i showed him and you they weren't, end of discussion.

 

Yeah we already went through that and I owned you then, no need to do it again. :D

Go back and find that thread and posts, I'm not going there again. He stated the Harrison's were the best freshman guards, i showed him and you they weren't, end of discussion.

 

You gave your opinion and tried to pass it off as factual evidence, yet again.

 

If I remember correctly you said Kasey Hill was better. :lol: :lol:

Freshmen guards better than the twins. Maybe Tyler Ennis. That's the list...

 

At this point Tyler Ennis is debatable

 

At this point Tyler Ennis is debatable

 

Hence the maybe...

Go back and find that thread and posts, I'm not going there again. He stated the Harrison's were the best freshman guards, i showed him and you they weren't, end of discussion.

 

You did nothing even close to that. Nothing close...

You did nothing even close to that. Nothing close...

You still claiming they are the best freshman guards?

 

That's what you said earlier, are you sticking by that?

 

I will just give you one name. Tyler Ennis.

 

I also listed Zach Lavine as another yet you discarded that although as of today Zach and Ennis are still listed as going before any of the Harrisons in the NBA draft.

 

So do me a favor and lets not go there because as before when you weren't willing to admit there were better freshman guards out there, just swallow your pride for once and admit they may not be the best but I will add this, I wouldn't trade them for anyone else right now because they are finally playing as a team and I don't want to disrupt that chemistry for anything.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.