Grantland: DeMarcus Cousins Article

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to add an update on this one.

I know that in his free time, DeMarcus does a lot of really nice things for underprivileged kids, seems to be the type who won't really forget where he came from, and is actually showing some signs that he's maturing well. I think people see his size and forget how young he really is and how much was thrown at him so soon. Being the #1 overall player in your class, especially as a big man, has been the kiss of death for so many other prospects like Derrick Character or Renardo Sidney, but Cousins has ended up being, in my opinion, one of the top 10 talents in the league already.

Maybe I'm biased, but it seems like Cousins actually enjoys doing a lot of the things he does too and isn't doing them just to get attention.

Here's a clip below from a camp he recently did in Sacramento:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjEc4a98v0

Like Clizzy said, I've been a fan of Cuz since day one, despite his on-the-court antics & general immaturity. I can understand why people don't like him, but I will also say that I don't believe there's a better UK player...maybe ever...who is better with children than he is.