Trash Talking

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it wasn't on national TV, so nobody cares.

Did Crabtree play in either of the games between these two during the regular season? Was there any talk between these two during the regular season or this week before the playoff game? I find it hard to believe this incident was not known about. Maybe it was and we didn't know about it in BGP land.

Is Crabtree a punk for trying to fight Sherman at a charity event last year, or is that one on Sherman too?

Of course at this point as far as I know we only have Sherman's brother saying the incident happened so we should wait for confirmation. I'm sure if it happened other accounts will now come out. That said, I've never thought much of Crabtree and I figure he must have been running his mouth all game also.

I'm more of a results than words guy. Not a big fan of trash talking especially outside the professional level. I don't necessarily think guys do it to get themselves fired up as much as to get inside their opponents head. I realize that the difference in talent at the professional level is so slim guys are looking for an edge but I still don't like it. Despise it at the college, high school or lower levels.

Outside of football and basketball, what other sports does trash talking even exist? Maybe boxing? MMA? But most of that is done prior to the actual event isn't it?

If i can gain an advantage with it i will do it, everything is fair game. If you can gain an advantage from it i will be expecting you to do it. Once again everything is fair game. At the end of the day what you said will have no relevance with me. If it did it would be time for me to pack it up and go home to momma. In my mind i would have become to soft and to sensitive. Not for sure but i might rather be labeled a punk or a thug.

Why did Sherman's trash talking bug me? Generally, I am good with trash talking and the side show. I thought everything Chad Johnson did was great. Loved it all. But Sherman's rant I didn't like. Why is that? Ironically, I see people posting on the site about Sherman saying it was great who I remember hating Chad Johnson. How could you not like Chad Johnson's stuff and like Sherman's rant?

Why did Sherman's trash talking bug me? Generally, I am good with trash talking and the side show. I thought everything Chad Johnson did was great. Loved it all. But Sherman's rant I didn't like. Why is that? Ironically, I see people posting on the site about Sherman saying it was great who I remember hating Chad Johnson. How could you not like Chad Johnson's stuff and like Sherman's rant?

That works both ways... How could you like anything CJ did and not like Sherman's rant? Johnson put on a "HOF" jacket for crying out loud...

So why did it bother you?

It's funny how time may play tricks with your mind, but I don't remember Chad's antics being anywhere near what Sherman did...at least on the field. Sure he may have had his list of corners that he'd beat that would get talked about in the locker room, but did he call anyone out, while he was out on the field? (Honest question) The thing that I remember about Chad was that he wanted the focus on him, and only him. By bringing anyone else up in the conversation, that meant he had to take time away to acknowledge the other person.

The HOF jacket, or TO's autographing the ball after the touchdown...I consider those more of a personal celebration than I do trash talking, although I'm sure one could make a point that in order to build themselves up, they had to tear someone else down.