Trash Talking

Interviews off the field well after or before a game? Anything you say is ok, even when it is clearly wrong? No line to cross at all?

I'm sorry, what did he say that was clearly wrong? And yes, his interview was 1000% acceptable. It was immediately after the game, on the field. Not sure why you have such issue with it...:confused:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, what did he say that was clearly wrong? And yes, his interview was 1000% acceptable. It was immediately after the game, on the field. Not sure why you have such issue with it...:confused:

I should have been more clear. I wasn't specifically referring to Sherman with those questions. I was asking about anyone trash talking and where the line does get drawn.

Is Crabtree a punk for trying to fight Sherman at a charity event last year, or is that one on Sherman too?

Is Sherman a punk for having his brother spread lies like that? Why wasn't that story released last year if it happened?

Excuse me if I find it hard to believe that Sherman went up and just wanted to shake Crabtrees hand and Crabtree tried to fight him.

That sounds realistic at a charity event lol.

Probably for the trash talking Crabtree had been doing. And Crabtree is soft...

I look at the facts presented.

i see Sherman run up to Crabtree and start taunting him after the most painful play of the 49ers season and it's Crabtree's fault for trying to get Sherman away from him?

then I hear Sherman's interview basically calling Crabtree a punk and horrible WR on national TV to Erin Andrews and then basically repeating the same in another interview on national tv.

Yet it is Crabtree who is in the wrong? The guy who kept their indifferences between he and Sherman and not on national tv.

Yea,

Crabtree is the punk here lol. Get real

I guess, for me, it's more a matter of timing than anything else. If you have to chase down a player after the play is over...you're out of line. If you make your way over to the opposition's sideline after the play...you're out of line. If you start making gestures to the crowd...you're out of line.

However, if you're a defensive lineman, and get in and lay a hit on the QB, and say something while you're getting up...that's fine. If you're a DB, and line up over a WR, and telling him something before the ball is hiked...you're good. If you're a receiver and get up after making a catch and getting laid out by a safety...do it.

I guess it really gets down to whether you're trying to get in a guy's head...or trying to show him up in front of everyone else.

I guess, for me, it's more a matter of timing than anything else. If you have to chase down a player after the play is over...you're out of line. If you make your way over to the opposition's sideline after the play...you're out of line. If you start making gestures to the crowd...you're out of line.

However, if you're a defensive lineman, and get in and lay a hit on the QB, and say something while you're getting up...that's fine. If you're a DB, and line up over a WR, and telling him something before the ball is hiked...you're good. If you're a receiver and get up after making a catch and getting laid out by a safety...do it.

I guess it really gets down to whether you're trying to get in a guy's head...or trying to show him up in front of everyone else.

Bingo

I look at the facts presented.

i see Sherman run up to Crabtree and start taunting him after the most painful play of the 49ers season and it's Crabtree's fault for trying to get Sherman away from him?

then I hear Sherman's interview basically calling Crabtree a punk and horrible WR on national TV to Erin Andrews and then basically repeating the same in another interview on national tv.

Yet it is Crabtree who is in the wrong? The guy who kept their indifferences between he and Sherman and not on national tv.

Yea,

Crabtree is the punk here lol. Get real

Who said Crabtree was the punk? I simply asked a question about his actions in the matter...