Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLVIII - Broncos vs. Seahawks Predictions

Broncos vs. Seahawks 34 members have voted

  1. 1. Broncos vs. Seahawks

    • Denver Broncos
      61%
    • Seattle Seahawks
      38%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

When was the last time both one seeds made the Super Bowl?

 

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking 2009... Colts/Saints.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off the top of my head, I'm thinking 2009... Colts/Saints.

 

You are correct, I read. Here is the rest of the list:

 

List of all Super Bowls featuring No. 1 vs No. 1

(*-denotes overall No. 1 seed)

XXVIII 1993-94 Dallas Cowboys (-10.5) 30-13 Buffalo Bills

XXVI 1991-92 *-Washington Redskins (-7) 37-24 Buffalo Bills

XXIV 1989-90 *-San Francisco 49ers (-12) 55-10 Denver Broncos

XIX 1984-85 *-San Francisco 49ers (-3) 38-16 Miami Dolphins

XVIII 1983-84 Los Angeles Raiders (+3) 38-9 *-Washington Redskins

XVI 1981-82 *-San Francisco 49ers (-2) 26-21 Cincinnati Bengals

XII 1977-78 Dallas Cowboys (-5) 27-10 Denver Broncos

XI 1976-77 Oakland Raiders (-5) 32-14 Minnesota Vikings 14

I don't know who will win, I just hope the Seahawks do.

 

I want to feel that feeling.

 

Nice to have you back on the board and congrats to your Seahawks on their current run. I know how it feels to be the laughing stock of the NFL. Seattle has turned it around and I personally love watching them play. I hope Gus Bradley slowly turns the Jags into what the Seahawks are now.

Broncos will shut down Seattle's running game like they did NE's today. Seattle will have to win by passing. Bronco's 31 Seattle 21.

 

That is funny... Broncos D is below average.

I will make my prediction when I see what the weather will be. Bad weather favors Seattle.

That is funny... Broncos D is below average.

 

Their running D is not bad

I will make my prediction when I see what the weather will be. Bad weather favors Seattle.

 

Early indications are not good. Unseasonably cold.

My gut says the Broncos get it done, unless the weather is an issue. Peyton doesn't like the cold.

You are correct, I read. Here is the rest of the list:

 

List of all Super Bowls featuring No. 1 vs No. 1

(*-denotes overall No. 1 seed)

XXVIII 1993-94 Dallas Cowboys (-10.5) 30-13 Buffalo Bills

XXVI 1991-92 *-Washington Redskins (-7) 37-24 Buffalo Bills

XXIV 1989-90 *-San Francisco 49ers (-12) 55-10 Denver Broncos

XIX 1984-85 *-San Francisco 49ers (-3) 38-16 Miami Dolphins

XVIII 1983-84 Los Angeles Raiders (+3) 38-9 *-Washington Redskins

XVI 1981-82 *-San Francisco 49ers (-2) 26-21 Cincinnati Bengals

XII 1977-78 Dallas Cowboys (-5) 27-10 Denver Broncos

XI 1976-77 Oakland Raiders (-5) 32-14 Minnesota Vikings 14

 

Not sure about this.

 

For example:

 

1972-73: Miami and Washington owned the best records in their conferences.

1973-74: Miami and Minnesota were best. (Minnesota and LA Rams were tied with same record)

1978-79: Pittsburgh and Dallas were the best records.

 

Kind of certain others were as well.

Don't know who will win, but I hope it's the Broncos.

Hope the game lives up to the No 1 defense vs the no 1 offense potential.

Not sure about this.

 

For example:

 

1972-73: Miami and Washington owned the best records in their conferences.

1973-74: Miami and Minnesota were best. (Minnesota and LA Rams were tied with same record)

1978-79: Pittsburgh and Dallas were the best records.

 

Kind of certain others were as well.

 

Until 1975, home field in conference title games were decided based on a rotation- the NFL didn't seed teams.

 

In '78, LA was the 1 seed since they beat Dallas head to head during the regular season, according to Wikipedia.

 

I will say that we should probably include the 72-73 participants as 1 vs. 1, IMO.

I'm going with the Seahawks for a couple reasons.

 

1) Weather. It's being predicted as an extremely cold day in NY. Let's forget about all the issues Manning has had in the cold for a second, and think about what team is better suited to play in the freezing cold when the passing game may not proof fruitful? Two words....Beast Mode. Advantage: Seattle.

 

2) Speed, size, strength. The Broncos have a plethora of big athletic weapons in Thomas, Thomas, and Decker. They've also got the little guy Welker. Seattle has the L.O.B. Guys like Chancellor and/or Wagner will make it miserable on J. Thomas, much like they've done with Graham and Davis the past two weeks. Sherman vs. Thomas will be a battle. He's one of the few CBs that can play on an island with D. Thomas. I thought the Talib injury was where the game really turned yesterday in Denver's favor, as he had shut out Thomas to that point. Had a field day once he was gone. Seattle's also got the best safety in the league in Earl Thomas patrolling the backline. Advantage: Push.

 

3) Defense. Defense wins championships. The Seahawks have the front 7 to get pressure on Manning. If they can speed him up even a little, or make him anxious in the pocket, the secondary could have a big day for Seattle. The Broncos defensively need to plug the line and force Wilson to beat them. Seattle's one weakness is their WRs. If Harvin is able to play I think Seattle's chances take a big boost. I think Seattle's defense can slow down Denver's offense more so than Denver's defense can eliminate Seattle's offense. Advantage: Slight Seattle.

 

Prediction: Seattle 27 Broncos 21

  • Author

I like Seattle's defense but Manning is beyond great at picking teams apart and prepping for games.

 

Seattle has an awful offense and I don't think they'll be able to contain Manning the entire game and Denver still has a pretty good rushing game.

 

Weather is a factor but Wilson hasn't proven to me that he's going to be able to play a big game. A lot of pressure on the defense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.