January 13, 201412 yr In 2014? It looks like they are a team on a mission. I don't know if I'd take them over the field, but they've spanked the 49ers each time they've played so far, and I'm not sold on the 49ers as a Super Bowl team. That'd leave the Patriots (which would be one hell of a game in the cold/snow) and the Broncos (who can score but seem to have some holes). What does everyone else think?
January 13, 201412 yr Absolutely but probably not until the SB, although SF looked pretty impressive yesterday and you have to respect a team in its third straight conference championship. SF beat them a few weeks ago but haven't been close at Seattle in a couple years. Edited January 13, 201412 yr by 75center
January 13, 201412 yr I'm cautiously optimistic. The 49ers and Seattle actually split this season with each team winning at home. Seattle has been vulnerable as of late on offense. Wilson hasn't been his normal self over the past 6 or so weeks. In order for me to feel really confident, he has to get out of this funk. It'd also be nice to get more than a single game out of Harvin, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point, I would say the key to beat Seattle would be to stop the running game and force Wilson to throw. Any team that can do that has a chance. The accuracy just hasn't been there as of late. Stopping Lynch is no small task, but SF has the talent on defense to do it. These teams legitimately hate each other, so it's going to be a chippy game. I'd say the cooler head will prevail next week. I won't even allow myself to look to the Super Bowl yet, I can't set myself up for that potential disappointment.
January 13, 201412 yr Only thing against Seattle IMO is that the Super Bowl isn't in Seattle. Yes, it's in New York which is gonna sport similar weather conditions but I still think it's going to be a small factor.
January 13, 201412 yr Only thing against Seattle IMO is that the Super Bowl isn't in Seattle. Yes, it's in New York which is gonna sport similar weather conditions but I still think it's going to be a small factor. I don't really see that as a big factor with this particular team.
January 13, 201412 yr At the beginning of the season I picked the 49ers to return to the Super Bowl. At the beginning of the playoffs, I picked for the 49ers to return to the Super Bowl and I'm not changing my tune now. I think that with Crabtree healthy, it helps their offense quite a bit. Seattle is certainly a tough place to play, but I think the 49ers can get it done next weekend. Would love to have seen this one played on a neutral field.
January 13, 201412 yr Did anyone think the 18-0 Patriots would lose in the Super Bowl? No team is unbeatable. The Seahawks will most likely win the NFC Championship...because I think they are too tough at home. I don't think they're a lock to win the super bowl though. I could see either New England or Denver beating them.
January 13, 201412 yr I don't really see that as a big factor with this particular team. It may not be a big factor but to think it won't have any affect is silly. It affects every team and Seattle is no different. Now, they're equipped as a team to overcome that but it stands to question whether they will or not. We've seen Seattle dominate teams but we've also seen them lose a few and have bad games. It just takes one bad game. I do think they beat the 49ers next week though.
January 13, 201412 yr I am not 100% on board with the Seahawks yet, but I sure hope they shove some attitude back at the 49ers and put them down a notch or two.
January 13, 201412 yr It may not be a big factor but to think it won't have any affect is silly. It affects every team and Seattle is no different. Now, they're equipped as a team to overcome that but it stands to question whether they will or not. We've seen Seattle dominate teams but we've also seen them lose a few and have bad games. It just takes one bad game. I do think they beat the 49ers next week though. Seattle isn't invincible. They're vulnerable as all of the remaining teams have shown to be at times. But their road woes are overstated these days. The Patriots went 4-4 on the road. The 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks all went 6-2. Historically it is accurate that the Seahawks play significantly better at home, but in this particular season they are at worst equal on the road in comparison to the other remain teams... So why is the fact that they'll be playing away from home mentioned only in regards to the Seahawks? In general, Seattle and other west coast teams suffer in 1 PM EST (10 am PST) starts. That's just a biological clock issue. However, the Super Bowl doesn't kick off until much later in the day so the biggest obstacle there is overcome. The Seahawks win games by keeping the ball and playing great defense -- Exactly what it takes to win on the road. I'm not saying they will, I just think that if all things are equal I like their chances.
January 13, 201412 yr Seattle isn't invincible. They're vulnerable as all of the remaining teams have shown to be at times. But their road woes are overstated these days. The Patriots went 4-4 on the road. The 49ers' date=' Broncos, and Seahawks all went 6-2. Historically it is accurate that the Seahawks play significantly better at home, but in this particular season they are at worst equal on the road in comparison to the other remain teams... So why is the fact that they'll be playing away from home mentioned only in regards to the Seahawks? In general, Seattle and other west coast teams suffer in 1 PM EST (10 am PST) starts. That's just a biological clock issue. However, the Super Bowl doesn't kick off until much later in the day so the biggest obstacle there is overcome. The Seahawks win games by keeping the ball and playing great defense -- Exactly what it takes to win on the road. I'm not saying they will, I just think that if all things are equal I like their chances.[/quote'] The reason I mentioned them over the other teams is because I believe that the have the biggest home field advantage and they play to that. On the road they are still really good but they don't have that "12th man" advantage.
January 13, 201412 yr The reason I mentioned them over the other teams is because I believe that the have the biggest home field advantage and they play to that. On the road they are still really good but they don't have that "12th man" advantage. I feel ya. Road woes are a touchy subject for me. I feel like any time I listen to any of the talking heads, that's their go-to line when referencing the Seahawks. I guess it pisses me off because it shows how little attention they really pay to what is really going on around the league and recycle the same crap week after week, year after year. It's almost as if they'd be better off losing a couple more at home each year to even it out.
January 13, 201412 yr Of the 4 left, I hope Seattle wins. I loathe the 49ers and Harbaugh. Not a Peyton fan, can't stand the Pats.
January 13, 201412 yr I didn't think Seattle looked all that strong down the stretch. Particularly on offense. Defensively they've stayed solid though which is most important. Mentally the Seattle appear to have the 49ers number at home.
January 13, 201412 yr All three teams left can beat them and it's not even a serious question. Will they I don't know, but they all can and I expect the Niners to do so this week.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.