Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Technical Foul Question

Featured Replies

I was at the East Jessamine-LCA game on Friday evening. The referrees called a techinal foul on East Jessamine for apparently not reporting back to the court timely after half-time. I believe that there was just under a minute when they started across the court from the locker room. What is the rule on this?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule is the host school is suppose to sound the horn at 3:00 minute mark and then at 1:00 a double horn. If locker room is not where you can hear horn then host should provide a knock on door at 3:00 and 1:00 marks.

I never heard of a rule like this were it requires a "T".

What is the rule about a technical being called?

Referees should have put ball in play. If the possesion belonged to the late team, 5 second infraction other team gets possesion. If possesion belongs to team on the floor, they in bounds the ball, get uncontested score. I have seen this done with teams not coming out of time outs in a timely fashion. Thats if halftime has expired. If there is any time left at all a team can pretty much come straight from the locker room to the floor as long as they report at scorers table.

Referees should have put ball in play. If the possesion belonged to the late team, 5 second infraction other team gets possesion. If possesion belongs to team on the floor, they in bounds the ball, get uncontested score. I have seen this done with teams not coming out of time outs in a timely fashion. Thats if halftime has expired. If there is any time left at all a team can pretty much come straight from the locker room to the floor as long as they report at scorers table.

 

You are correct, Malachi. Once the offending team repeats the 5-second violation for not being on the court, it is then a technical.

I have another question on the subject of technicals. I was at the Pineville-Clay County game and Clay's coach was whistled with a technical, and then later in the game the bench was assessed a technical for having 6 players on the floor. Some of Pineville's fans were shouting that the coach should have been thrown out of the game because any bench technicals are assessed to the coach, and that made his second technical of the night. However, he was not tossed and finished the game.

What is the rule on this?

I have a another question. I was at the Pineville-Clay County game and Clay's coach was whistled with a technical, and then later in the game the bench was assessed a technical for having 6 players on the floor. Some of Pineville's fans were shouting that the coach should have been thrown out of the game because any bench technicals are assessed to the coach, and that made his second technical of the night. However, he was not tossed and finished the game.

What is the rule on this?

 

The Pineville fans are partially correct. The T is assessed to the coach but its an indirect T. The head coach is ejected after two direct Ts, or a combo of any 3 Ts(direct or indirect), or for one flagrant T.

 

So, in this case, he should not have been ejected on that T.

The Pineville fans are partially correct. The T is assessed to the coach but its an indirect T. The head coach is ejected after two direct Ts, or a combo of any 3 Ts(direct or indirect), or for one flagrant T.

 

So, in this case, he should not have been ejected on that T.

Thanks. :thumb:

 

My wife's step-father, who is a huge Pineville fan, was madder than a wet hen because he wasn't tossed. Being a neutral observer I didn't say much to him, but I had a feeling he was wrong. I think the game's been over long enough now that I can break the news to him. :D

Thanks. :thumb:

 

My wife's step-father, who is a huge Pineville fan, was madder than a wet hen because he wasn't tossed. Being a neutral observer I didn't say much to him, but I had a feeling he was wrong. I think the game's been over long enough now that I can break the news to him. :D

 

Good to hear that Pineville fans are no different from any other teams' fans in that , as a bunch, they don't know the rules as well as they think they do.

As were on rule topics, I have a question? If a player is going for a layup on a break away and the opponent follow behind him slams the back board with his hand as the offensive player lays it in, then it falls out of the hoop, due to the hand slapping he board. What is the call?

 

As a freshman in high school a player on my team did this and goaltending was called. Added to the goaltending, my teammate recieved a technical.

 

Last year I whitnessed this called just goaltending.

 

Last week at Western Hills, this happend against st. henry, the ball fell out of the hole as it cirlced in and NOTHING was called.

 

Any explanations.

As were on rule topics, I have a question? If a player is going for a layup on a break away and the opponent follow behind him slams the back board with his hand as the offensive player lays it in, then it falls out of the hoop, due to the hand slapping he board. What is the call?

 

As a freshman in high school a player on my team did this and goaltending was called. Added to the goaltending, my teammate recieved a technical.

 

Last year I whitnessed this called just goaltending.

 

Last week at Western Hills, this happend against st. henry, the ball fell out of the hole as it cirlced in and NOTHING was called.

 

Any explanations.

 

The rule is basket interference and the technical is at the discretion of the official.

The rule is basket interference and the technical is at the discretion of the official.

 

Its only a T if the official thinks that the intent of the slap was to shake the basket.

 

I'm pretty sure it is NOT B.I. if the official thinks it was an honest attempt to block the shot.

Another wierd question--Can the refs actually "T" up the crowd, or someone in it, if they get out of hand; or is their only option to have the offender removed??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.