Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 71 Vanderbilt 62

Featured Replies

Glad there wasn't any memorial magic today.

 

So glad Willis got some time today I thought he played really well. Always had good touches it seemed like, he really knew where to go with the ball once he got it. He fed the post better than anyone has all season and the offense ran a lot better because of it.

 

Weird, I saw him as a complete non factor today.

 

Good all around game for the Cats.

 

Enjoyed the fight in Fueller.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the offensive developement of WCS.

What is Vandy's home record?

 

6-2

  • Author
I must admit I am a little shocked to see this one as close as it was.

 

I know it was a road game, but Vandy is not very good.

 

Congrats to the young Cats on this win.

 

Memorial museum, uh I mean Gym:D is as tough of place to play as there is in the conference. With all the Freshmen playing there for the first time I'll take it. Benches on the ends of the floor - can't hear coaches calls, instuctions, although not as bad today the crowd is usually a factor. The Cats go in to another rough one on Tuesday in Arkansas vs. a better team.

Derrick Willis with a clinic on how to feed the post via the one hand bounce pass around a defender.

Road wins in any conference are tough. Big win with an even tougher one next week. Go Cats!

I must admit I am a little shocked to see this one as close as it was.

 

I know it was a road game, but Vandy is not very good.

 

Congrats to the young Cats on this win.

 

Vegas had the line at 9.5.

Glad there wasn't any memorial magic today.

 

So glad Willis got some time today I thought he played really well. Always had good touches it seemed like, he really knew where to go with the ball once he got it. He fed the post better than anyone has all season and the offense ran a lot better because of it.

 

He throws any entry pass better than any guard we have.

Weird' date=' I saw him as a complete non factor today. Good all around game for the Cats. Enjoyed the fight in Fueller.[/quote']

 

No way I could say that, ball didn't stick in his hands and he knew where to get it. Like I said he fed the post better than anyone had all season. That in turn led to easy looks four straight times down the court. I only think two of them went for scores but he set the big guys up with some of the easiest scoring looks they've had all year. He got the ball to them in a spot they could make a play inside, something this team hasn't been doing like they should.

Derrick Willis with a clinic on how to feed the post via the one hand bounce pass around a defender.

 

:thumb:

He throws any entry pass better than any guard we have.

 

:thumb:

No way I could say that, ball didn't stick in his hands and he knew where to get it. Like I said he fed the post better than anyone had all season. That in turn led to easy looks four straight times down the court. I only think two of them went for scores but he set the big guys up with some of the easiest scoring looks they've had all year. He got the ball to them in a spot they could make a play inside, something this team hasn't been doing like they should.

 

I want him to develop and be successful as much as just about anyone on this site, but to say he played "really well" yesterday is just ridiculous. Sure he threw a couple good bounce passes but he was 0-2 (and one of those shots was at an awful time in the offense) with one rebound in his 6 minutes yesterday.

 

If throwing a couple good bounce passes and running to the right spots is all it takes to play "really well" then I should have been all-region in high school. He certainly didn't hurt us yesterday, which is good, but its not like he really gave us anything either. At least he wasn't a big liability on defense, unlike Miss St. game when as soon as he checked in, he gave up a basket.

 

Polson on the other hand definitely helped us in the first half yesterday with two big 3's and did well running the offense.

Vegas had the line at 9.5.

 

Opened at 7 didn't it?

Courier-Journal had the line at 8, I believe.

I want him to develop and be successful as much as just about anyone on this site, but to say he played "really well" yesterday is just ridiculous. Sure he threw a couple good bounce passes but he was 0-2 (and one of those shots was at an awful time in the offense) with one rebound in his 6 minutes yesterday.

 

If throwing a couple good bounce passes and running to the right spots is all it takes to play "really well" then I should have been all-region in high school. He certainly didn't hurt us yesterday, which is good, but its not like he really gave us anything either. At least he wasn't a big liability on defense, unlike Miss St. game when as soon as he checked in, he gave up a basket.

 

Polson on the other hand definitely helped us in the first half yesterday with two big 3's and did well running the offense.

 

I get where you're coming from, but sometimes it's the little things. Cal really liked his play, as evidence by the emphatic high five he gave him when he came out of the game. He also raved about him in the post game, something to the effect of ''what a post feeder he is!'' I'm not saying he was all conference or anything but I thought he played well. I think he can help this team, especially against the zone

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.