January 13, 201412 yr Not sure where this statement is really coming from. I'd be willing to bet Randle is one of the hardest workers on the team. He's just having a little difficulty in adjusting to finding his spots with the way opponents are defending him/them with their zones. Not saying he doesnt work hard, but these god-given first round talent guys think they can win just by showing up because they are that good. How many times has Randle lost the ball trying to take on the whole team? How many times has Harrison ran down the floor and tried to drive without even looking for a teammate? Give me a 4 year player who has to bust his tail to get on the court and I bet he doesn't do that.
January 13, 201412 yr Now you know if you say bad things about my boy I will have to come through this computer and give you a time out.....:lol2: JK. Julius is one of the hardest working players on the floor. You are way off base in this assumption IMO. What about the other players helping him out and working to get the ball when he is triple teamed. I never said he isn't hard working, I think that's obvious. He needs to learn the meaning of "passing" though. He catches it, and regardless of how many guys are on him, he's shooting every time. That's not a team player.
January 13, 201412 yr Not saying he doesnt work hard, but these god-given first round talent guys think they can win just by showing up because they are that good. How many times has Randle lost the ball trying to take on the whole team? How many times has Harrison ran down the floor and tried to drive without even looking for a teammate? Give me a 4 year player who has to bust his tail to get on the court and I bet he doesn't do that. I'd love to have Randle, Young, and the Twins play mistake free basketball, but it isn't going to happen. Their talent typically makes up for some of those mistakes throughout the course of a game and/or season. People need to just remember to enjoy the ride with these young groups. It's the most fun most UK fans have had since 98. You can have your four-year player who busts his tail to get minutes. I'll take the freshmen that UK has, who bust their tail (specifically talking about Randle right now) and get wins. I will also enjoy the process of watching them mature throughout the season. The best part about college basketball is that you can make mistakes throughout the season, you can lose games that you should have won. As long as the players mature throughout, that talent can put you in a great spot and I have certainly enjoyed the freshman since Calipari got here and will continue to do so. It's all practice until March, as long as you have plenty of wins to get you to the dance.
January 13, 201412 yr I never said he isn't hard working, I think that's obvious. He needs to learn the meaning of "passing" though. He catches it, and regardless of how many guys are on him, he's shooting every time. That's not a team player. I think some of his struggle, is early on in the season he was getting to the foul line on a lot of those plays. Now that we are heading into conference play, he isn't getting those calls as much (and I don't think he should be). So he has to adjust and learn to not necessarily just force the action to draw a foul. Think about how many free throws he was shooting throughout the beginning of the season. His style of play didn't change, but the way they are calling it seems too. In Cal I trust.
January 13, 201412 yr I never said he isn't hard working, I think that's obvious. He needs to learn the meaning of "passing" though. He catches it, and regardless of how many guys are on him, he's shooting every time. That's not a team player. Disagree with the bolded. What he needs to do is less time reacting, make your move to shoot or pass out quickly. Coach Cal stated that he is the only player in the nation that has 3 guys hanging on him. He is beat up by half time. Hard to play the way some expect him to under those conditions. Also watch the game tomorrow and see if his teammates are making much of a effort to get the ball back. You said he was "all about me" and I disagree 100%. I think some of his struggle, is early on in the season he was getting to the foul line on a lot of those plays. Now that we are heading into conference play, he isn't getting those calls as much (and I don't think he should be). So he has to adjust and learn to not necessarily just force the action to draw a foul. Think about how many free throws he was shooting throughout the beginning of the season. His style of play didn't change, but the way they are calling it seems too. In Cal I trust. :thumb:
January 14, 201412 yr I think some of his struggle, is early on in the season he was getting to the foul line on a lot of those plays. Now that we are heading into conference play, he isn't getting those calls as much (and I don't think he should be). So he has to adjust and learn to not necessarily just force the action to draw a foul. Think about how many free throws he was shooting throughout the beginning of the season. His style of play didn't change, but the way they are calling it seems too. In Cal I trust. I have noticed the way they are calling conference games is different too. Same old thing they do every year. Stress certain things they are calling early in the year and then forget about it half way through the year. They should call the game the same all year long. Looks like the NCAA would notice this too.
January 14, 201412 yr I have noticed the way they are calling conference games is different too. Same old thing they do every year. Stress certain things they are calling early in the year and then forget about it half way through the year. They should call the game the same all year long. Looks like the NCAA would notice this too. Exactly. They still call it close out top, but once you're driving, or inside the 3pt line, its business as usual.
January 14, 201412 yr I have noticed the way they are calling conference games is different too. Same old thing they do every year. Stress certain things they are calling early in the year and then forget about it half way through the year. They should call the game the same all year long. Looks like the NCAA would notice this too. I saw a quote where the head of the officials said that he had noticed it over the last week or two, and was going to remind the officials.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.