January 10, 201412 yr On Sportscenter this afternoon, says Jabari Parker is the best freshmen in college basketball. The most verstail (sp?) in college basketball.
January 10, 201412 yr I just wish that the NBA wouldn't draft on potential and would draft on RESULTS! To much of an emphasis on possibilities and not enough emphasis on PRODUCTION. It is a societal problem as well. We are always looking for the next big thing instead of enjoying what we have.
January 10, 201412 yr Author He also believes Parker will be the #1 overall draft pick....Says Randle is the most physical freshmen player out of all.
January 10, 201412 yr I just wish that the NBA wouldn't draft on potential and would draft on RESULTS! To much of an emphasis on possibilities and not enough emphasis on PRODUCTION. It is a societal problem as well. We are always looking for the next big thing instead of enjoying what we have. Signed, Adam Morrison
January 10, 201412 yr I just wish that the NBA wouldn't draft on potential and would draft on RESULTS! To much of an emphasis on possibilities and not enough emphasis on PRODUCTION. It is a societal problem as well. We are always looking for the next big thing instead of enjoying what we have. When your drafting 18-19-20 year old kids, what results to you want? Isnt any draft based on potential?
January 10, 201412 yr I just wish that the NBA wouldn't draft on potential and would draft on RESULTS! To much of an emphasis on possibilities and not enough emphasis on PRODUCTION. It is a societal problem as well. We are always looking for the next big thing instead of enjoying what we have. As Bugatti so succinctly pointed out college production does not mean NBA production. It's like people saying "Billy Smith at Huckleberry High should get a D1 scholly because his production was really good." It doesn't matter that Billy doesn't know how to read defenses, doesn't have the arm strength to make the requisite throws in college, nor has the size to compete.
January 10, 201412 yr While I think Clizzy underestimates Huckleberry High, I agree that you cannot go on production alone. Is there any current collegian who has accomplished more than Doug McDermott? Is there anyone who thinks he should be the #1 pick?
January 10, 201412 yr On Sportscenter this afternoon, says Jabari Parker is the best freshmen in college basketball. The most verstail (sp?) in college basketball. Can't argue with him at all. Been saying it since the Champions Classic (or whatever they call that) early in the season. Love Randle, but Parker is on a different level.
January 10, 201412 yr Whats the deal about him going on a two year mission? Saw it discussed on PTI yesterday but missed the opening comments. They were asking if teams should still draft him if he won't be able to play for two years while on a mission trip. Is this something he is really leaning toward or just a small possibility?
January 10, 201412 yr Parker and Randle are also producing. I am not saying that they shouldn't be drafted 1 and 2. I just think that we spend so much time trying to predict what they can be instead of looking at what they are. How long are Rookie contracts? Bledsoe is turning into a stud guard for the Suns this year, but what has he done for the last 3 years? He was a 1st round draft pick that didn't truly make a difference until last year and is just now making his mark in the league. I am happy for him and i always thought he would be a good player. I just don't know how smart it is to draft a player inn the first round who can't start right away. The kid from New Mexico?? who was drafted last year, How is his potential doing right now?
January 10, 201412 yr He also believes Parker will be the #1 overall draft pick....Says Randle is the most physical freshmen player out of all. Embiid will be the number 1 pick...
January 10, 201412 yr Embiid will be the number 1 pick... I still think Exxum when it's all said and done will be the best. But I agree NBA doesn't pass on size and the upside that Embiid posesses .
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.