January 10, 201412 yr On the radio yesterday, Avery Johnson said that he thought Julius Randle would go #1. I was a bit surprised by that.
January 10, 201412 yr On the radio yesterday, Avery Johnson said that he thought Julius Randle would go #1. I was a bit surprised by that. I'm a UK fan and an NBA junkie. Honestly if I were an NBA GM I don't think I'd take Randle above 5 .
January 10, 201412 yr Embiid will be the number 1 pick... I still think Exxum when it's all said and done will be the best. But I agree NBA doesn't pass on size and the upside that Embiid posesses . On the radio yesterday, Avery Johnson said that he thought Julius Randle would go #1. I was a bit surprised by that. I think it all depends on who wins the lottery. If 76ers pull it off for example I could see them going Parker or Wiggins instead of Embiid. All about positional need in this draft IMO. If you have good wings but no inside help, go Embiid. If you have guards and bigs but no wings go Parker or Wiggins. If you need guard play you go Exum or Smart. With so many teams slugging it out for those top spots it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
January 10, 201412 yr Embiid will be the number 1 pick... Your prediction I assume? The highest he is listed in any mock drafts I have seen is #3. Side note that documents the NBA draft for potential mentality: Alex Poythress is listed as a first round pick in the majority of the mock drafts I have seen.
January 10, 201412 yr Your prediction I assume? The highest he is listed in any mock drafts I have seen is #3. Side note that documents the NBA draft for potential mentality: Alex Poythress is listed as a first round pick in the majority of the mock drafts I have seen. When it's all said and done I'm with GT on this, if you look back at history NBA GM's usually draft size first.
January 10, 201412 yr Parker and Randle are also producing. I am not saying that they shouldn't be drafted 1 and 2. I just think that we spend so much time trying to predict what they can be instead of looking at what they are. How long are Rookie contracts? Bledsoe is turning into a stud guard for the Suns this year, but what has he done for the last 3 years? He was a 1st round draft pick that didn't truly make a difference until last year and is just now making his mark in the league. I am happy for him and i always thought he would be a good player. I just don't know how smart it is to draft a player inn the first round who can't start right away. The kid from New Mexico?? who was drafted last year, How is his potential doing right now? This makes little sense to me. There's maybe 10 guys in any given draft class that are regular starters right away. What are teams that have picks outside of those 10 picks supposed to do? Not draft someone?
January 10, 201412 yr Your prediction I assume? The highest he is listed in any mock drafts I have seen is #3. Side note that documents the NBA draft for potential mentality: Alex Poythress is listed as a first round pick in the majority of the mock drafts I have seen. I haven't seen a mock draft that's projected Poythress in the 1st round in over a year. Embiid is #1 quite often in ESPN's Draft Lottery Machine.
January 10, 201412 yr This makes little sense to me. There's maybe 10 guys in any given draft class that are regular starters right away. What are teams that have picks outside of those 10 picks supposed to do? Not draft someone? Because of salary cap reasons this would never happen, but would it be better to take a 3rd or 4th year player that is average or slightly above average? Could you not trade your pick for a slightly older player that has been in the league for a year or 2? I think each situation is different, but how much does it help you to draft a player late in the 1st round, develop him for 3 years and then he leaves when his rookie contract is up? That seems to be what happens now in the NBA. Do teams in the NFL draft someone in the first round to sit? When you are a first round talent you should play right away. JMO!
January 10, 201412 yr Because of salary cap reasons this would never happen, but would it be better to take a 3rd or 4th year player that is average or slightly above average? Could you not trade your pick for a slightly older player that has been in the league for a year or 2? I think each situation is different, but how much does it help you to draft a player late in the 1st round, develop him for 3 years and then he leaves when his rookie contract is up? That seems to be what happens now in the NBA. Do teams in the NFL draft someone in the first round to sit? When you are a first round talent you should play right away. JMO! There's no comparison between NFL and NBA for a multitude a reasons. Not to mention in the NFL you have more than 3 times the roster size, and 22 total starters, compared to 5 in the NBA.
January 10, 201412 yr Your prediction I assume? The highest he is listed in any mock drafts I have seen is #3. Side note that documents the NBA draft for potential mentality: Alex Poythress is listed as a first round pick in the majority of the mock drafts I have seen. Informed guess. Have gotten to know quite a few NBA scouts over the years and most think he is the best long term option...
January 11, 201412 yr Informed guess. Have gotten to know quite a few NBA scouts over the years and most think he is the best long term option... Dudes only been playing for a couple years, that's the scary thing. He has took to the sport faster than most in his position and his size, strength, and coordination are off the charts. Guy doesnt have a ceiling he has rafters!
January 11, 201412 yr Dudes only been playing for a couple years, that's the scary thing. He has took to the sport faster than most in his position and his size, strength, and coordination are off the charts. Guy doesnt have a ceiling he has rafters! First saw him about 6 weeks after he got to the US. Almost fell off the bleachers when I was told he had just picked up the sport a few months earlier. He's a 12-15 year starting C if he stays on track...
January 11, 201412 yr First two plays of the KU, K state game and Embiid comes out and hits a 17 footer on one end then comes down and gets the block at the other. If he can continue to show that kind of range and touch on his shot he's going to be impossible to stop.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.