Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colin Kaepernick > Andy Dalton

Featured Replies

Stinks that the Internet is forever.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe a guy who went for 412 passing and 181 passing, on the road, in the playoffs. I'm glad I didn't post something stupid in 2014 but I admit I favored Kaep.

I was really afraid to look at this thread because I figured I said something too, because I liked Kap better than Dalton. I do think Kap would have done well with the Bengals weapons and Hue as the oc though.

He still has more

playoff wins than Andy lol.

I just laughed out loud like 4 times.

Good read. :lol2:

Kap has always been a better athlete than Andy.... But he never was a better QB IMO and time in the league has shown that.

Andy still needs a playoff win, but no QB wins on their own. Heck, the Bengals had a playoff win in their back pocket last year (without Dalton) and they still figured out a way "as a team" to lose.

Kap has always been a better athlete than Andy.... But he never was a better QB IMO and time in the league has shown that.

Andy still needs a playoff win, but no QB wins on their own. Heck, the Bengals had a playoff win in their back pocket last year (without Dalton) and they still figured out a way "as a team" to lose.

You totally lost the point of bringing it back up.

You totally lost the point of bringing it back up.
how so?

I mean, I get all the Kap news about the national anthem, but I'm referring to the comment of he has more playoff wins than Andy... Which is true, but just stating that teams win and lose, not QB's alone as many seem to believe for some reason.

Kap has always been a better athlete than Andy.... But he never was a better QB IMO and time in the league has shown that.

Andy still needs a playoff win, but no QB wins on their own. Heck, the Bengals had a playoff win in their back pocket last year (without Dalton) and they still figured out a way "as a team" to lose.

 

Disagree on him never being the better qb. No qb wins in the playoffs on their own. However winning qbs do make the plays when their teams need them most in the playoffs and Kap actually did do that for the 49ers his first few years. Honestly both he and Dalton both had good defenses and talent on offense, but Kap took advantage of his opportunity more and made plays both passing and running for his team's in the playoffs.

 

Now Dalton is the better qb, however still have to see if Dalton can make the plays when they matter most. His backup actually did do that, we need to hope Dalton shows he can too.

Disagree on him never being the better qb. No qb wins in the playoffs on their own. However winning qbs do make the plays when their teams need them most in the playoffs and Kap actually did do that for the 49ers his first few years. Honestly both he and Dalton both had good defenses and talent on offense, but Kap took advantage of his opportunity more and made plays both passing and running for his team's in the playoffs.

 

Now Dalton is the better qb, however still have to see if Dalton can make the plays when they matter most. His backup actually did do that, we need to hope Dalton shows he can too.

Kap did it with his legs which means better athlete.. Never was as good of an all around QB IMO... Not a better decision maker, leader or teammate...

Stinks that the Internet is forever.

 

The whole time I was reading this thread, I kept hoping I didn't say something here that looks totally stupid today. Whew. Thank goodness I didn't.

Kap did it with his legs which means better athlete.. Never was as good of an all around QB IMO... Not a better decision maker, leader or teammate...

 

He made the plays on the ground and in the air his first few years in the playoffs. When a throw had to be made he made it. In the playoffs a qb doesn't have to be great but a qb does need to make that play, that throw when a team needs it. Those first few years he did that, and Dalton couldn't. Having poise and handling the moment is also a big part of playing the qb spot, and he did that much better early on than Dalton. Which is why I cant agree that Dalton was always the better qb. However the last few years it's definitely Dalton.

The whole time I was reading this thread, I kept hoping I didn't say something here that looks totally stupid today. Whew. Thank goodness I didn't.

 

Because you are the voice of reason!

Colin Kaepernick - Passing attempts: 1,360, Passing completions: 815, Percentage: 60.4, TD–Int: 56–26, Passing yards: 10,030, Rushing yards: 1,832

 

Andy Dalton - Passing attempts: 2,497, Passing completions: 1,556, Percentage: 62.3, TD–INT: 124–73, Passing yards: 18,008, Passer rating: 88.4

Not even comparable

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.