Belfry 3 Wayne County 0 (2013 Class 3A State Championship)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Thanks Brother...fitting that Belfry's biggest point of concern all year shuts down a darn good Wayne County offense to win it!

The Belfry Freshman were HUGE! 35 yd FG by Woolum. Austin Hall with the game sealing pick. Horton and Bentley played their butts off.

Wayne's defense was awesome and they were a first class group. Played their hearts out and there is no doubt they were Belfry's equal... it was the heart of this Pirate team who got just enough. So proud of these Seniors!

I said it before and will say it again...I don't know if it was Haywood or an assistant who made the change after the Johnson Central loss to play A. Hatfield at LB and move some players to create a quicker, better tackling defense...but whoever it was deserves some type of an award as Belfry simply was night and day and that move is why they hoist the trophy.

Tyler Guffey you have my respect...what a tough competitor... hate this special Wayne Co group of Seniors had to lose as I really liked their team all season after watching them and following them... but their program is definitely on the right track and has a bright future and are the model for how County Schools should handle building their program.

Tusi... when you see this...I guess now it's time for us to chew our nails worrying about our offense next year HAHA