swamprat

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, well maybe I'm of a different mindset, but personally I'd rather not get there, than lose by 70 and have folks say we didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

And what do you say to those teams when there were only 4 classes who got blown out in the title games? Do you say we should only have 1 class, and then when teams get blown out in the finals of a 1 class tournament come back and say we shouldn't have football at all?

I don't know what it is with football, but it sure has some of the most whining fans of any sport I've ever seen.

Does anyone think the schedule plays a part in games like this.

Mayfield is way better no doubt.

I think their schedule prepares them for games much better than the W-Burg schedules does.

Thoughts?

It's not like Wburg played an awful schedule for a 1A team

They played up vs Wayne County, North Laurel, Pike Central, and Harrison County... PC and North Laurel were decent teams and Wayne is strong... its just Mayfield's schedule is better than most 6A schools and thye simply are a better team in every aspect

And what do you say to those teams when there were only 4 classes who got blown out in the title games? Do you say we should only have 1 class, and then when teams get blown out in the finals of a 1 class tournament come back and say we shouldn't have football at all?

I don't know what it is with football, but it sure has some of the most whining fans of any sport I've ever seen.

I guess you don't have a problem with 0-10 teams making the playoffs either?

Does anyone think the schedule plays a part in games like this.

Mayfield is way better no doubt.

I think their schedule prepares them for games much better than the W-Burg schedules does.

Thoughts?

I don't care who W-burg played this year, the result of this game is the same. I understand the schedule argument, but playing 2 or 3 better teams in September and October, doesn't get them any closer in this game. People keep beating the schedule thing to death, and while I agree it's somewhat important, if you've made the finals, you've likely played at least 2 or 3 tougher teams in a row to get there. This result is all about talent, not scheduling. Trinity's schedule didn't help them in the playoff's.

I guess you don't have a problem with 0-10 teams making the playoffs either?

I don't think I said that at all. What I do have a problem with is people ALWAYS whinnning like little kids about blowouts in the playoffs. Guess what? There will always be blowouts in the playoffs period, it's part of the game. If you don't like it why do you even bother following the sport? Makes no sense to me.

My son made it to the state finals last year and I garuntee you one thing he will never say what you did and that he'd rather of not made it and played in the game than to lose.

Sad and pathetic all the whining about football by so called fans of the game. Gets real old

While a great experience to go to the state finals, it's really unfortunate for the kids at Williamsburg that THIS will be there state championship memory. I don't know, maybe the memories of making it to the finals becomes a better memory than losing so badly.

What would the old A matchup look like? Mayfield vs Beechwood/NCC/Somerset?

I don't think I said that at all. What I do have a problem with is people ALWAYS whinnning like little kids about blowouts in the playoffs. Guess what? There will always be blowouts in the playoffs period, it's part of the game. If you don't like it why do you even bother following the sport? Makes no sense to me.

My son made it to the state finals last year and I garuntee you one thing he will never say what you did and that he'd rather of not made it and played in the game than to lose.

Sad and pathetic all the whining about football by so called fans of the game. Gets real old

I'm not "whining"... Never have on this subject. It's just silly to me to have six classes of football in a state this size. Too many undeserving teams make the playoffs, and it waters down the entire spectrum of the playoffs. JMO.

While a great experience to go to the state finals, it's really unfortunate for the kids at Williamsburg that THIS will be there state championship memory. I don't know, maybe the memories of making it to the finals becomes a better memory than losing so badly.

I think this Mayfield team would have blown out any of the 4 you listed. Maybe not as bad, but very well could have been which means 4 classes may not have fixed the blowout situation any

Yes, that would be the old 1A likely matchup. IMO it would still be a lopsided win for Mayfield if that were the matchup.