Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Truth About Andy Dalton

Featured Replies

Reading the threads from yesterday's ROAD WIN on the West Coast, that virtually locked up the AFCN title, and the only thing focused on is Dalton.

 

The truth about Dalton is very clear. He's a solid QB that is not capable of winning a Super Bowl. Sure, there's the possibility he could pull a Flacco from last year and get hot at the right time and do it, but that's very unlikely.

 

Here's the problem with that though. Who do you replace him with? I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is the most talented Bengals team ever assembled, outside of the QB position. If you determine Dalton isn't the guy, are you going to waste the prime of the rest of your roster by throwing in a rookie that's going to need 2-3 years time to be at a level that gives them a chance to win big? By then the rest of the roster will have missed their window.

 

Address the position through Free Agency you say? I ask who? Finding a capable NFL starting QB is hard enough, let alone a guy that has the ability to win big in the playoffs. There are realistically only a handful of Super Bowl winning caliber QBs in the league (Brady, Big Ben, Manning (both), Rodgers, Brees, Wilson). Backup QBs right now are atrocious. The only two out there that could potentially be NFL starters are Mallet and Cousins. I don't see either as upgrades to Dalton, and neither is a sure thing. Then we've got Jay Cutler....Really? Are there really people who think he's good enough to win big? For one, the guy is always hurt. He makes poor decisions at crucial points in games, and he's an awful teammate.

 

So my question to all those who say, "The Bengals Need to Find Themselves a New QB, Dalton Sucks!" is simple. What realistic options are there that will allow this team to improve the QB position, without wasting the primes of the rest of the roster?

Simple, you draft a QB in next years draft.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take him over Romo. Promise.

Reading the threads from yesterday's ROAD WIN on the West Coast, that virtually locked up the AFCN title,

 

It did?

Simple, you draft a QB in next years draft.

 

Not simple at all, if it were teams would be a lot more successful at it.

It did?

 

They need to get to 10 wins before I will feel like they have at least a wild card.

Here's the problem with that though. Who do you replace him with? I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is the most talented Bengals team ever assembled, outside of the QB position.

 

Simple, you draft a QB in next years draft.

 

 

I just wanted to quote this first because your exactly right, and what I was saying before this season even started and I think even Hellbird is starting to come around to see that lol. This team is so talented top to bottom, the only problem is the inconsistent QB play. That's why I have said before this season even started, the pieces are there but it will all come down to the play of Dalton and still does. So I completely agree with you.

Reading the threads from yesterday's ROAD WIN on the West Coast, that virtually locked up the AFCN title, and the only thing focused on is Dalton.

 

The truth about Dalton is very clear. He's a solid QB that is not capable of winning a Super Bowl. Sure, there's the possibility he could pull a Flacco from last year and get hot at the right time and do it, but that's very unlikely.

 

Here's the problem with that though. Who do you replace him with? I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is the most talented Bengals team ever assembled, outside of the QB position. If you determine Dalton isn't the guy, are you going to waste the prime of the rest of your roster by throwing in a rookie that's going to need 2-3 years time to be at a level that gives them a chance to win big? By then the rest of the roster will have missed their window.

 

Address the position through Free Agency you say? I ask who? Finding a capable NFL starting QB is hard enough, let alone a guy that has the ability to win big in the playoffs. There are realistically only a handful of Super Bowl winning caliber QBs in the league (Brady, Big Ben, Manning (both), Rodgers, Brees, Wilson). Backup QBs right now are atrocious. The only two out there that could potentially be NFL starters are Mallet and Cousins. I don't see either as upgrades to Dalton, and neither is a sure thing. Then we've got Jay Cutler....Really? Are there really people who think he's good enough to win big? For one, the guy is always hurt. He makes poor decisions at crucial points in games, and he's an awful teammate.

 

So my question to all those who say, "The Bengals Need to Find Themselves a New QB, Dalton Sucks!" is simple. What realistic options are there that will allow this team to improve the QB position, without wasting the primes of the rest of the roster?

 

I am going to continue to be frustrated with Dalton just because I know this team could make a run, but it all depends on him. At the same time I also know that he is what we are stuck with because of everything you said. I honestly would take a look at Jay Cutler though. Its no guarntee that he could lead them to the Super Bowl. However this team is so talented, that this team can win with very bad QB play right now with Dalton at times. While Cutler will also throw some picks, he also would get this offense to be much more explosive because of his arm. Now as you mentioned though he can't help if he is always injured. I would take a look at him though depending on the price.

 

If they don't get him, then I would try to draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. It wouldn't be a quick fix, but at least could be someone that might push Dalton some. At the end of the day Dalton most likely will be the guy next year and for years to come.

Bengals should go after Kirk Cousins.

Bengals should go after Kirk Cousins.

 

No guarantee he is any better. Not enough body of work. Like it or not they are going to pay Dalton 80-110M, they have made their bed.

  • Author
It did?

 

The Bengals haven't lost at home all year....3 of their final 4 are at home, and they have a 2 games lead. They aren't losing the division.

  • Author
Simple, you draft a QB in next years draft.

 

And by the time that QB is ready to contribute at a winning level the rest of the talent on the roster will have missed their window. Doesn't solve anything.

And by the time that QB is ready to contribute at a winning level the rest of the talent on the roster will have missed their window. Doesn't solve anything.

 

While this may be right how long did it take Big Ben to compete in the playoffs? Flacco? Sanchez? Russel Wilson? Kaepernick? If the roster around you is very strong and you believe like you said that they can't win it all with Dalton do you really extend him this summer and say well 10-6 and early exits are good enough?

I tnihk he can continue to win with the Bengals, but he has got to do a better job limiting mistakes. You can't be a "game manager" and turn it over twice a week. I don't see any better options out there that they could get given draft position and moving to the top of the draft for one of the guys this year is a horrible idea. Dalton is the guy for the foreseeable future and it can be good enough for a deep playoff run if he quits shooting the offense in the foot a couple times a game...

 

That I agree with but what has he shown in big games or in the playoffs the last couple years that would have anyone believe he can go Flacco style and rip off 11 TD's 0 INT's and perform in the playoffs? Before last year Flacco had already proven the playoff stage wasn't too big for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.