December 6, 201312 yr The window would close. They cannot replace him with anyone that would be an upgrade. If you really think Cutler is better than him, than it's clear this a pointless discussion. Cutler is horrible. The numbers disagree about Cutler. Flacco, Ben, Wilson and Kaep weren't top 5 picks. Your opinion is there isn't a better option. My guess is there is a better one. I would totally agree that the Gals could swing and miss though. It's a crap shoot for sure. I'd take the risk though if I didn't think Dalton was going to be good enough.
December 6, 201312 yr Author I'd take the risk though if I didn't think Dalton was going to be good enough. This makes me chuckle.... Dalton and Peyton Manning are the only 2 QBs in NFL history with 3,000 yards in each of their first three seasons. Dalton, Manning, and some scrub named Dan Marino are the only 3 QBs in history with 20 TD passes in each of their first three seasons. Dalton has outperformed Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, your beloved Cutler, and Stafford just this year in head-to-head battles. He's lead the Bengals to a 14-9 road record in his first three seasons. He's 27-17 overall in the regular season as a starting QB. That's a .614 winning %. He's taken the biggest laughing stock in the league to soon to be 3 straight postseason berths for the first time in franchise history. Not good enough? You wanna try replacing that? :lol2: I'll be here laughing when your "replacement strategy" fails miserably.
December 6, 201312 yr That 3000 yards stat amazes me. I would have bet that Marino and Elway at least would have been there.
December 6, 201312 yr Author SSC, you've still never answered my question....If/when the Bengals win a playoff game this year, will you finally give your crusade to run Dalton out of town a rest?
December 6, 201312 yr Chicago is 8th in rec. the Bengals are 14th. Bears have 4.4 yds / rush. Bengals 3.8. Bears Oline ranked 3rd. Bengals 6th. That ranking of the Bengals o-line stuns me. The Bengals offense is 19th in rushing yards, 26th in rushing yards per attempt, Dalton gets pressured virtually every time he throws the ball and that line is 6th? How do they come up with that ranking? After AJ, the Bengals receivers are average at best. Gruden is failing this year IMO by not utilizing the TE's more and Bernard more in the passing game. If they threw more to the TE's and Bernard, this offense improves by leaps and bounds. I think the surrounding cast Dalton has is just average and his numbers reflect it. With the addition of Eifert and Bernard, the offense can be above average if they do a better job getting them more touches. I am good with Dalton and would focus more on making the surrounding cast better.
December 6, 201312 yr Bears Oline must have really picked up this year, did they add via draft or free agency? Green is the best on either team. Marshall's a stud no doubt. Jefferies is good but I don't put him as a stud. I always been surprised the guy that returns kicks/punts never panned out as a receiver. Then they have nothing after that. I like the Bengals numbers with Green and 3 other talented receivers along with the 2 TEs. Chicago has the better RB hands down in Forte and Bush as a backup is solid. I would certainly expect Chicago to have the stats in passing and receiving with Cutler vs Dalton. Say what you will about Cutler but he can really sling it and despite their reputation, for years Chicago has been among the top teams in passing, even before Cutler. Kind of goes against their historical reputation. Really? We must be talking about two different guys. I seem to remember another receiver on the Bears that returns kicks. Hmm what's his name. Devin something? Hester. Hmm. He's not too bad either. I'll take the Bears rec. over Bengals every day at this point. And yes, so far this season Jeffrey is an absolute stud. Stats...
December 6, 201312 yr Anyway the point is that Chicago is more gifted than the Bengals on the offensive side of the ball. Does that say Cutler is better, equal to, or worse then Dalton? i don't know. Cutler does have a bigger arm. Also more baggage. I do believe Cutler has had some success in the playoffs, where we know Dalton's record so far.
December 6, 201312 yr Really? We must be talking about two different guys. I seem to remember another receiver on the Bears that returns kicks. Hmm what's his name. Devin something? Hester. Hmm. He's not too bad either. I'll take the Bears rec. over Bengals every day at this point. And yes, so far this season Jeffrey is an absolute stud. Stats... Yes. Really. Jeffery has had two really monster games and benefits tremendously from being with Marshall but I just don't have him as a stud yet. I like to see a couple years of consistent success but that's just me. Hester's a non issue at wr, which is very confusing.
December 6, 201312 yr Author Yes. Really. Jeffery has had two really monster games and benefits tremendously from being with Marshall but I just don't have him as a stud yet. I like to see a couple years of consistent success but that's just me. Hester's a non issue at wr, which is very confusing. Using that logic, how can you say the Bengals have better WRs? Jones and Sanu are much more unproven than Jeffery. Bennett is definitely on par with Gresham.
December 6, 201312 yr This makes me chuckle.... Dalton and Peyton Manning are the only 2 QBs in NFL history with 3,000 yards in each of their first three seasons. Dalton, Manning, and some scrub named Dan Marino are the only 3 QBs in history with 20 TD passes in each of their first three seasons. Dalton has outperformed Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, your beloved Cutler, and Stafford just this year in head-to-head battles. He's lead the Bengals to a 14-9 road record in his first three seasons. He's 27-17 overall in the regular season as a starting QB. That's a .614 winning %. He's taken the biggest laughing stock in the league to soon to be 3 straight postseason berths for the first time in franchise history. Not good enough? You wanna try replacing that? :lol2: I'll be here laughing when your "replacement strategy" fails miserably. What is funny is that someone who is so big into to sabrometrics of things, decides to completely ignore the one stat that scores QB's on everything they do in game and how they contribute in each game. Which that shows Cutler is and has always been better than Dalton. Cutler has even had some top 10 years. You talk about how Dalton out played those QB's. Yet you fail to mention the defenses each had to go against. The defenses Dalton went against in those games, are not close to the same level that those QB's went against when playing the Bengals defense. Shoot to put things into real perspective you were one of the ones who were completely against Palmer. When in fact Palmer only had one year where his QBR was lower than 15th in the NFL and that was his last year with the Bengals. The fact of the matter is and something you seem to ignore is that the Bengals have surronded Dalton with talent everywhere. On offense, defense and special teams. I truly believe that this team has more talent on offense than we know, but we don't see because of the inconsistent play of our QB. I was defending Dalton for the last 2 years, but it's still the same with him. So yes it is easy to think that another QB could come in and do at least as good if not better. Especially Cutler.
December 6, 201312 yr Yes. Really. Jeffery has had two really monster games and benefits tremendously from being with Marshall but I just don't have him as a stud yet. I like to see a couple years of consistent success but that's just me. Hester's a non issue at wr, which is very confusing. I have Jeffrey on fantasy team, so I'm a little jaded towards him. He is 3rd behind Megatron and Josh Gordon, another guy with a couple of monster games. In a flash I would trade Sanu and Jones for Jeffrey.
December 6, 201312 yr Using that logic, how can you say the Bengals have better WRs? Jones and Sanu are much more unproven than Jeffery. Bennett is definitely on par with Gresham. Yeah, I'm not getting that either.
December 6, 201312 yr Really? We must be talking about two different guys. I seem to remember another receiver on the Bears that returns kicks. Hmm what's his name. Devin something? Hester. Hmm. He's not too bad either. I'll take the Bears rec. over Bengals every day at this point. And yes, so far this season Jeffrey is an absolute stud. Stats... Anyway the point is that Chicago is more gifted than the Bengals on the offensive side of the ball. Does that say Cutler is better, equal to, or worse then Dalton? i don't know. Cutler does have a bigger arm. Also more baggage. I do believe Cutler has had some success in the playoffs, where we know Dalton's record so far. Using that logic, how can you say the Bengals have better WRs? Jones and Sanu are much more unproven than Jeffery. Bennett is definitely on par with Gresham. Its a lot easier for talent to show, when you have a QB who can get those WR's the ball. If a QB can't get a WR a ball, then you never know how good a WR is. Say Dalton on the 2005 team for example. Put Dalton on that offense, and our WR's all of a sudden don't look like the best duo in the NFL with Dalton at QB. Inconsistent QB play can hide talent.
December 6, 201312 yr I have Jeffrey on fantasy team, so I'm a little jaded towards him. He is 3rd behind Megatron and Josh Gordon, another guy with a couple of monster games. In a flash I would trade Sanu and Jones for Jeffrey. That would suck for your fantasy team then if Jeffrey was a Bengal. You would never get to see what he is capable of.
December 6, 201312 yr I have Jeffrey on fantasy team, so I'm a little jaded towards him. He is 3rd behind Megatron and Josh Gordon, another guy with a couple of monster games. In a flash I would trade Sanu and Jones for Jeffrey. I do to, saved my butt this week. I have CJ also so I'm sitting pretty these days.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.