Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Truth About Andy Dalton

Featured Replies

Who do the Bengals have that is anywhere close to Alshon Jeffery? Bennett is every bit the TE that either Gresham or Eifert is.

 

I said I wasn't sure but talking overall the Bengals seem to have 4 decent wr's and 2 TE's that can get it done. Chicago has the two wr's and Bennet.

 

Chicago's Oline has really had some problems the past 2 to 3 years.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure about the overall better receivers and O-line. Definetly a better back.

 

Chicago is 8th in rec. the Bengals are 14th. Bears have 4.4 yds / rush. Bengals 3.8. Bears Oline ranked 3rd. Bengals 6th.

Not sure about the overall better receivers and O-line. Definetly a better back.

Bengals have Green. Bears have Marshall and Jeffrey. 1 stud or two? No comparison

Chicago is 8th in rec. the Bengals are 14th. Bears have 4.4 yds / rush. Bengals 3.8. Bears Oline ranked 3rd. Bengals 6th.

 

Bears Oline must have really picked up this year, did they add via draft or free agency? Green is the best on either team. Marshall's a stud no doubt. Jefferies is good but I don't put him as a stud. I always been surprised the guy that returns kicks/punts never panned out as a receiver. Then they have nothing after that. I like the Bengals numbers with Green and 3 other talented receivers along with the 2 TEs. Chicago has the better RB hands down in Forte and Bush as a backup is solid. I would certainly expect Chicago to have the stats in passing and receiving with Cutler vs Dalton. Say what you will about Cutler but he can really sling it and despite their reputation, for years Chicago has been among the top teams in passing, even before Cutler. Kind of goes against their historical reputation.

Truth is he will have an up and down career and be labeled something with the word average in it.

What Jay Cutler do you watch? He is not better than Dalton. All he does better than Dalton is he has a stronger arm. That's it.

 

And overall better receivers oh and a better back. Probably a better O Line too.

 

Not sure about the overall better receivers and O-line. Definetly a better back.

 

Who do the Bengals have that is anywhere close to Alshon Jeffery? Bennett is every bit the TE that either Gresham or Eifert is.

 

Well lets put your whole stats thing to the test that you rely so heavily on for baseball. Its takes all the plays, and how the QB contributes to the play, and gives points based on this.

 

You say he is not better than Dalton but the QBR seem to say different. Jay Cutler's career QBR is 55.7. His QBR rating in the games he played this year was 63.2 in the 8 games he played which was 10th best in the NFL. Andy Dalton has a career QBR of 49.5. His QBR for this year is 49.8. Which ranks 22nd in the NFL. Dalton in his 3 years in the NFL was 20th his rookie year, 22nd last year and 22nd this year. Cutler's lowest year was also 22nd his first year in Chicago. Cutler has been 4th one year, 10th this year, 14th, and also in the teens in other years.

 

So safe to say Cutler is the better QB and has been basically every year he has played, and not just this year. This QB is winning with a great defense, good special teams play, and has talent on offense. Cutler while not great, could make this offense more explosive, not to mention would make people have to respect the down field passing game more. I am not a Cutler fan, but he would be an upgrade still.

......

 

I'd rather have Dalton and his limitations than Cutler (modern day Jeff George) and his "intangibles". You can stat me to death, I'm not the least bit interested in Cutler.

4th round or lower? I agree.

 

1st 3 rounds? I disagree.

 

You won't find a replacement in rounds 4-7 in most drafts. Go for a QB with your 1st pick if one of the top QBs are there.

It kind of scares me you saying this. I have heard people tell me the last 3 seasons no way the Bengals can do something, and they do it. So it scares me now to hear someone say there is no way the Bengals don't win the division lol. I will be more comfortable once the Bengals get to 10 wins.

 

I really not too concerned about if they win the division or not. Winning the division doesn't prove anything. Wild card teams have won the SB. I'm more concerned with them winning in the playoffs and getting to the SB.

What Jay Cutler do you watch? He is not better than Dalton. All he does better than Dalton is he has a stronger arm. That's it.

 

And overall better receivers oh and a better back. Probably a better O Line too.

 

Not sure about the overall better receivers and O-line. Definetly a better back.

 

......

 

I'd rather have Dalton and his limitations than Cutler (modern day Jeff George) and his "intangibles". You can stat me to death, I'm not the least bit interested in Cutler.

 

I'd rather have a QB that gives the team the better chance to win a Super Bowl. I have been a Bengals fan all my life, and was basically the only one on here two years ago that saw that this was a good team. I was someone who gave Dalton the benefit of doubt and talked about it took other QB's a few years before they started playing better. Dalton has shown that he is basically the same QB as he was. This team currently is set up to make a run, if we had better more consistent QB play. This team has the defense, and special teams, and does have weapons on offense that doesn't get shown because of the lack of consistency in our QB play. Cutler definitely has his flaws, but he does bring more to the table than Dalton and could possibly be that extra little piece that this team may need.

 

To me Cutler reminds of Boomer with his attitude and even his style of play. Everyone loved Boomer when he was here, and his attitude and getting on people was considered being a leader. However if Boomer played for someone else and never here, he would have been looked at like Cutler is today by fans around here and probably not liked by many. I want this team to take advantage of actually having the pieces in place. So if Andy flops again in the playoffs, then yes I definitely think trying to get Cutler would be a good idea.

I really not too concerned about if they win the division or not. Winning the division doesn't prove anything. Wild card teams have won the SB. I'm more concerned with them winning in the playoffs and getting to the SB.

 

Same here I am still concerned about just making the playoffs. Pittsburgh if they beat us just may win out, which if they beat us they would win the tiebreaker on us unless Cleveland beats us. The Miami Dolphins also need to lose at least two more because they have the tiebreaker on us. Baltimore has a tough road with Detroit, and New England still. However they also currently have the tiebreaker on us. So even though I am confident in this team, I don't like jinxing anything when it comes to the Bengals haha.

You won't find a replacement in rounds 4-7 in most drafts. Go for a QB with your 1st pick if one of the top QBs are there.

 

That is my point, they aren't trying to draft a replacement. Someone solid behind him (think Ryan Mallett) would be the goal, they have no intention of drafting a "replacement".

1. Those Raven teams were much more talented than the past 2 seasons Bengals teams.

 

2. This year's Bengals team is exponentially more talented than the prior 2.

 

3. Dalton is a 3rd year QB that has led his team to 3 straight playoff appearances. Not many teams can boast QBs that have accomplished that. Matt Ryan lost his first 2-3 playoff games, and those were at home. Should the Falcons be looking to move on from him?

 

4. If they win a playoff game this year (which is extremely likely given their level of play at home), will your crusade to replace Dalton finally end?

 

You are the person that started this by saying Dalton wasn't good enough to win the Super Bowl. I asked why not replace him then.

 

You wrongly pointed out elsewhere the window on this roster would close. Guys compete right away now ie...every guy I mentioned.

Well lets put your whole stats thing to the test that you rely so heavily on for baseball. Its takes all the plays, and how the QB contributes to the play, and gives points based on this.

 

You say he is not better than Dalton but the QBR seem to say different. Jay Cutler's career QBR is 55.7. His QBR rating in the games he played this year was 63.2 in the 8 games he played which was 10th best in the NFL. Andy Dalton has a career QBR of 49.5. His QBR for this year is 49.8. Which ranks 22nd in the NFL. Dalton in his 3 years in the NFL was 20th his rookie year, 22nd last year and 22nd this year. Cutler's lowest year was also 22nd his first year in Chicago. Cutler has been 4th one year, 10th this year, 14th, and also in the teens in other years.

 

So safe to say Cutler is the better QB and has been basically every year he has played, and not just this year. This QB is winning with a great defense, good special teams play, and has talent on offense. Cutler while not great, could make this offense more explosive, not to mention would make people have to respect the down field passing game more. I am not a Cutler fan, but he would be an upgrade still.

 

Strong post. Cutler is far better than Dalton and will be available. I'd take him in a heart beat. Dalton is right about the 20-25th best QB. I'm not sure that guy can win. Can he be the guy he was those three games in October in the cold against top notch opponents? We will soon see.

  • Author
You are the person that started this by saying Dalton wasn't good enough to win the Super Bowl. I asked why not replace him then.

 

You wrongly pointed out elsewhere the window on this roster would close. Guys compete right away now ie...every guy I mentioned.

 

The window would close. They cannot replace him with anyone that would be an upgrade. If you really think Cutler is better than him, than it's clear this a pointless discussion. Cutler is horrible.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.