Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should The NCAA Go To Six Fouls?

Should the NCAA go to six fouls? 9 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the NCAA go to six fouls?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

We've all heard lots of opinions so far on the new rules in College Basketball. While I rarely take anything he says with a grain of salt, Vitale yesterday said that with the new rules, we should go to six fouls. I think I agree with him. I understand wanting scoring to go up and all that, but in the Louisville game yesterday, a player fouled out with 7:30 to go in the game... There were at least three others with four fouls at the same time. Would going to six fouls negate the rule change? Would it help the game? I'm in favor of adding an additional foul.

 

Thoughts?

When they go to 48 minutes they can go to 6 fouls.

We've all heard lots of opinions so far on the new rules in College Basketball. While I rarely take anything he says with a grain of salt, Vitale yesterday said that with the new rules, we should go to six fouls. I think I agree with him. I understand wanting scoring to go up and all that, but in the Louisville game yesterday, a player fouled out with 7:30 to go in the game... There were at least three others with four fouls at the same time. Would going to six fouls negate the rule change? Would it help the game? I'm in favor of adding an additional foul.

 

Thoughts?

 

Or it just forces teams to go deeper in to their benches; but then the quality suffers. I am in favor of an additional foul. As the season progresses the kids will adjust. If the fouls are still a problem late in the year then it may be time to revisit the subject.

Try moving your feet and playing defense without hacking and grabbing. With the rule changes, the way Pitino teams have traditionally played, Louisville will be committing a ton of fouls.

Of course the fan of a team who hand checks all the time wants more fouls. How about your coach teach them to play defense?

If they allowed 6 fouls the games would take 4 hours. The new rules will make the games much longer already.

  • Author
Of course the fan of a team who hand checks all the time wants more fouls. How about your coach teach them to play defense?

 

:rolleyes:

 

Louisville will still be one of the best defensive teams in the country. Their guards will always be quick enough to guard whoever they are playing. Teams with slower guards will suffer far more than Louisville will. But good try.

I have always liked Vitale's idea of giving anyone with 5+ fouls the ability to stay in the game, but teams receive a 1 shot technical foul shot and the ball if said team commits the foul. Maybe after the end of regulation teams can start to lose players though, that is part of the attrition element of basketball.

No. Learn to play defense without fouling. Maybe why Louisville's defense was so bad yesterday. Not used to playing with hands off.

:rolleyes:

 

Louisville will still be one of the best defensive teams in the country. Their guards will always be quick enough to guard whoever they are playing. Teams with slower guards will suffer far more than Louisville will. But good try.

While I think they will adjust, it will be a big adjustment from how UL is accustomed to playing. They have always been known for their physical style on defense. Not a knock, just the reality of it.
  • Author
While I think they will adjust, it will be a big adjustment from how UL is accustomed to playing. They have always been known for their physical style on defense. Not a knock, just the reality of it.

 

I agree with that, but so far it hasn't been an issue for them... I think last night was the first time somebody on UL's team has fouled out this season. They have adjusted, and will continue to do so.

  • Author
No. Learn to play defense without fouling. Maybe why Louisville's defense was so bad yesterday. Not used to playing with hands off.

 

Did you watch the game, or are you just speculating? Louisville didn't get back in transition, and they paid for it. Had nothing to do with fouls.

No, this would be horrible. Players just need to stop fouling. I don't want to see a 3 hour basketball game.

No doubt. I have seen way too many games impacted by officials missing calls which resulted in very important players having to spend much of the game on the bench. The title game last year comes to mind when Michigan's star player had to sit much of the first half due to a terrible call and the Duke/Butler title game as well when their center picked up 2 bogus fous in the first half that really hurt Butler.. I believe the change in the block/charge foul will help solve this problem though, since most bad fouls came on this call.

No.

 

But they should move to four ten-minute quarters and or tinker with the numbers required to get into the bonus to reduce free throw shots and keep the game moving.

 

Players will ultimately adjust to the style and not commit so many fouls.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.