Let's Go Ahead and Get This Out of the Way

02Ram54

U of L spokesman Kenny Klein said he believed the car Ware was driving belonged to Matt Case, who told Klein he attends the University of Louisville. Later on Monday night, Case posted to his Twitter account:

“If you know me, then you also know me and Kevin are best friends and that I'm a current student at U of L, borrowing my car is a crime?”

On Case’s Facebook page, he listed himself as a U of L graduate and a partner at Eventris, a Louisville event management, marketing and production company. That title was deleted later in the night. The Kentucky Secretary of State’s website lists Case as one of three organizers of Eventris LLC.

Case’s Facebook page also included pictures of him with numerous U of L athletes — and one with former UK forward Terrence Jones — as well as one on the sidelines at last year’s Sugar Bowl. Case did not respond to a Facebook message seeking comment.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20131118/SPORTS02/311180043/Updated-Louisville-basketball-player-Kevin-Ware-cited-speeding-borrowed-2013-Dodge-Challenger

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks as someone who works in the Court system, I can tell you that the common every day person misses a court date. It's not uncommon to miss a court date the once you figure out you missed to have it redocketted.

Most people who miss court dates for sppeding tickets have license suspended and a fine to pay.

I have never understood the need to drive that much over the speed limit. Maybe I am just a weenie, and always have been, but driving that fast would scare the crap out of me.

I had a very fast car and found myself going 135 on the Gene Synder a couple of weeks ago (the car BMW had a top speed of 195) came home told my wife I have to get rid of this car before I kill myself, someone else or lose my license and traded in the very next day. Fast cars are fun but what's the point if you can't drive them legally. It's been a rough couple of weeks with withdrawal symptoms but I am learning to just drive and relax.

I had a very fast car and found myself going 135 on the Gene Synder a couple of weeks ago (the car BMW had a top speed of 195) came home told my wife I have to get rid of this car before I kill myself, someone else or lose my license and traded in the very next day. Fast cars are fun but what's the point if you can't drive them legally. It's been a rough couple of weeks with withdrawal symptoms but I am learning to just drive and relax.

This is why I don't and won't buy a motorcycle.

1972 Chevy Nova in 1989 at 140 across interstate 4 near Orlando at 18 years old during spring break. Very-very stoooopid! The only other time was on the AA highway in my Father in Law's 1990 Lamborghini at 130 with plenty of pedal left. It's been a while....especially since I have children now who need a Father.