Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Kentucky vs #2 Michigan State

Who wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Calipari said tonight that if this team doesn't start giving more effort, they'll get bulldozed Tuesday night.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I picked the Cats to go 38-2 & win the title. This & the road game vs. Florida are the two games I have pegged as losses.

 

Excited to see Sparty's vets vs. UK's youngsters. Really looking forward to seeing Gary Harris, who might be my favorite non-UK player in the country.

 

I could see those 2 losses too. Hope we don't but it could happen.

Quotes of Randle on the game:

 

Teammate Julius Randle sounded much more eager to play in the first No. 1-versus-No. 2 game in five years.

"I love competition," he said. "Type of stuff we live for," Randle said of Tuesday's game. "Bring it on."

Randle dismissed the prevailing notion — espoused by UK Coach John Calipari among others — that the game pits Michigan State's experience and maturity against the latest edition of the Kiddie Cats.

"I'm not buying into it," he said. "We play the same game. ... People think we're inexperienced (and) we're young. They don't know what to expect from us in that game. And I look at that as a way to show we are ready. ... That game is going to be a big challenge for us, but I think guys are going to step up."

 

 

Read more here: UK notes: Randle on No. 1. vs. No. 2 clash: "Bring it on" | College Basketball | Kentucky.com

I heard this on the way back from the game last night.

 

While chatting with Tom Leach on the postgame show, Aaron Harrison downplayed the importance of Tuesday night’s game against Michigan State in Chicago.

“Our goal is not to beat Michigan State,” he said. “We would like to, but our goal is to win the National Championship.”

Yet another reminder that it’s all about winning those six games in March and April at the end of the season. Beating Michigan State would be lovely, but the ultimate goal is to hang that ninth banner.

69-67 Sparty.

 

Get back underneath the sink.

Really looking forward to this one, although I'll have to start it a little late. And looking forward to the second game on Tuesday also.

 

Going to be a great night for college basketball and hopefully an even better one for Kentucky basketball.

Would love to pick UK to win but after the game yesterday, Cal said that he was forfeiting the game. Guess MSU wins then huh? :D

Kentucky 73-71.

It's easy, we rebound and hit free throws UK wins. This team is so physically overmatching to most they will get fouled a ton. Free throws will be key.

I have a lot more confidence after watching the game yesterday, but they're still miles away from what they can be. I'm not sure how good they really are early on, but they've showed some flashes of what makes them scary. Tomorrow's going to be fun no matter what because at least it will be a good measuring stick. If they come out and play with a veteran team like Sparty, sky's the limit for what they can do in March.

 

Another thing that gets over looked is the big game factor. Even last year they gave Duke all they could handle, Louisville as well. When they needed wins against Mizzou (gameday) and Florida they got them. That team wasn't even in the same universe as this team, but they still got a lot out of their talent when it was a big game. I'm hoping they have just been looking ahead and come out with a totally different focus against Mich. St. If that happens and they come out hyped for an entire game they have the talent to do something.

^ I'm in agreement about being more confident after the NKU game. Aside from Young, I thought the major contributors all looked pretty solid yesterday.

So would anybody like to trade a UK player for his MSU counterpart?

 

I'd take Gary Harris over Aaron Harrison. Payne & Willie Cauley-Stein is close.

 

I don't think there's any denying that UK has more individual talent. But that individual talent has to mold itself into a cohesive unit. Michigan State, to me at least, seems a bit further along in that process right now. I think that changes by season's end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.