Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Kentucky vs #2 Michigan State

Who wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'd take Gary Harris over Aaron Harrison.

 

I would too if I was trying to put a team with less talent on the floor. :D

 

I like Harris a lot, and he's a better shooter than the UK guys, but he's not as talented as either Harrison.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would too if I was trying to put a team with less talent on the floor. :D

 

I like Harris a lot, and he's a better shooter than the UK guys, but he's not as talented as either Harrison.

 

I wouldn't take him over Andrew, but MC asked about MSU counterpart, so I was going position by position.

 

At this juncture of the season, I think Harris is better than Aaron.

I'd trade Poythress for Payne...

 

Poythress doesn't start. Just throw in Hood for that matter. OK I can't get the "big grin" thing to work. So big grin.

I wouldn't take him over Andrew, but MC asked about MSU counterpart, so I was going position by position.

 

At this juncture of the season, I think Harris is better than Aaron.

 

I think Aaron has looked like the better Harrison thus far....To each his own I guess. :idunno:

I think Aaron has looked like the better Harrison thus far....To each his own I guess. :idunno:

 

They are twins but they are different players. Andrew has played extremely well through 2 games.

Poythress doesn't start. Just throw in Hood for that matter. OK I can't get the "big grin" thing to work. So big grin.

 

As Randy said, I don't think anyone would argue as to which team is the more talented team. It's a matter of this UK bunch having 80 minutes of college basketball under their belts, while Michigan State has a ton of experienced returners. I think Kentucky wins, because 9 out of 10 times, talent ends up coming out on top, but I certainly think they have to play well to make that happen.

Point guard matchup is the one to watch in this one IMO.

 

I agree and love the size advantage that Harrison supplys.

As Randy said, I don't think anyone would argue as to which team is the more talented team. It's a matter of this UK bunch having 80 minutes of college basketball under their belts, while Michigan State has a ton of experienced returners. I think Kentucky wins, because 9 out of 10 times, talent ends up coming out on top, but I certainly think they have to play well to make that happen.

 

That's exactly where I'm coming from. Bottomline is if UK plays well they win.

I think Aaron has looked like the better Harrison thus far....To each his own I guess. :idunno:

 

Aaron has looked solid, but I love how Andrew handles himself on the floor. He can get to the rim so well. Needs to work on finishing & guys need to be able to actually catch his passes & convert, but I love how he plays. 3.5 to 1 assist-to-turnover ratio isn't too shabby either.

I think that U.K. players are in for an awakening, at least to some extent. MSU is very good, experienced and extremely well coached. At the end of the season, tourney time I would pick the Cats in a heartbeat. I just think our frosh awakening to a very good, disciplined team will end up in a loss tomorrow night.

I will also say that should the new rules / hand check calls get a lot of whistles that could result in MSU foul trouble, they do play physical. With the way that we/U.K. shoot ft's:irked:, it may not be.

 

MSU 70

U.K. 63

As Randy said, I don't think anyone would argue as to which team is the more talented team. It's a matter of this UK bunch having 80 minutes of college basketball under their belts, while Michigan State has a ton of experienced returners. I think Kentucky wins, because 9 out of 10 times, talent ends up coming out on top, but I certainly think they have to play well to make that happen.

 

And I hope it comes out that way. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Cats did take this one.

 

I know Sparty was playing lowly McNeese State, but I was surprised with their 3-point shooting. I think they hit 10 or 11 treys that game.

Seth Greenberg said something on ESPN...that if Michigan State doesn't make the Final Four this year, then Appling & Payne will be the first seniors in the Tom Izzo era to never participate in a Final Four.

I think that U.K. players are in for an awakening, at least to some extent. MSU is very good, experienced and extremely well coached. At the end of the season, tourney time I would pick the Cats in a heartbeat. I just think our frosh awakening to a very good, disciplined team will end up in a loss tomorrow night.

I will also say that should the new rules / hand check calls get a lot of whistles that could result in MSU foul trouble, they do play physical. With the way that we/U.K. shoot ft's:irked:, it may not be.

 

MSU 70

U.K. 63

 

Free throw shooting was very good yesterday until Willis missed a few. I don't think that's going to be an ongoing issue.

 

You can get MSU plus 2.5 if you want them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.