Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many teams in Ohio could beat.....

Featured Replies

That's quite an assumption coming from Someone who admitingly states he's never seen BG play.

 

Historically I'd take the schools I named in a game with BG and feel okay about it. But, I haven't seen BG play this year. If they are that good this year, great for them. They were pretty good last year as well. No disrespect to the BG program intended here. Win your district, win your class, they are doing both.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If X wins state, then I will totally agree with your assessment. If not, the water gets a little murky. Of course, this is coming from a guy who hasn't seen BG play this year so I may not have the right to post in this thread.

 

Even if X doesn't win state, Bg is still the best team in the state this year. Bingo to the bolded.

 

 

Historically I'd take the schools I named in a game with BG and feel okay about it. But, I haven't seen BG play this year. If they are that good this year, great for them. They were pretty good last year as well. No disrespect to the BG program intended here. Win your district, win your class, they are doing both.

 

That's the problem, people keep using history to assess this one season, when that isn't how it works.

Oh and for the record I'm taking Bg in a game vs Moe.

  • Author
Oh and for the record I'm taking Bg in a game vs Moe.

 

How? This is total SWAG. You can't possibly know who wins that game. It isn't going to be played so it's pointless to even bring it up. Bowling Green isn't going to travel all the way into Ohio or vise-versa. What a total waste of BGP time and space.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

How? This is total SWAG. You can't possibly know who wins that game. It isn't going to be played so it's pointless to even bring it up. Bowling Green isn't going to travel all the way into Ohio or vise-versa. What a total waste of BGP time and space.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

 

No need to apologize. I applaud yu for it.

I'll chime in to what is obviously a frivolous thread. Who has declared Bowling Green the best team in Kentucky, and how did they come to that assumption? I haven't seen the Purples play, but I feel safe in saying that Highlands, Trinity, and Male are all better teams in Kentucky than BG. Perhaps that's unfair this year, but if they were to meet, I'd pick all three schools over BG based on year in and year out production.

 

That said, BG would likely have a tough road to hoe against the upper level of Ohio. Ru got it pretty close, IMO, with his breakdown. I'll leave it at that.

 

Thing is, BG isn't going to play any Ohio schools likely ever. It's a haul and a half from here to there for those two locales. Wouldn't comparing them to Illinois, Missouri, Tenn., or even Indiana competition make more sense?

 

I understand where you are coming from.....but gee the NKy teams have to travel to WKU to play in the State Title games and the Cincinnati teams being mentioned in this thread are only about 10 to 15 miles farther North of the Ohio River and if CovCath can travel to Henderson County and HHS can Travel to Paducah, why can't BG travel to Cincinnati, Ohio?

I understand where you are coming from.....but gee the NKy teams have to travel to WKU to play in the State Title games and the Cincinnati teams being mentioned in this thread are only about 10 to 15 miles farther North of the Ohio River and if CovCath can travel to Henderson County and HHS can Travel to Paducah, why can't BG travel to Cincinnati, Ohio?

 

They can. Sandman doesn't speak for anyone associated with the BG program so don't take his assumptions as official word from BG.

I understand where you are coming from.....but gee the NKy teams have to travel to WKU to play in the State Title games and the Cincinnati teams being mentioned in this thread are only about 10 to 15 miles farther North of the Ohio River and if CovCath can travel to Henderson County and HHS can Travel to Paducah, why can't BG travel to Cincinnati, Ohio?

 

Why in the world would they want to? What they're doing is obviously working and they have found good strong competition much closer in TN. Makes no sense to me.

Why in the world would they want to? What they're doing is obviously working and they have found good strong competition much closer in TN. Makes no sense to me.

 

 

Agreed. I'll also add that BG proved that travel isn't an issue when they traveled 3 hours to Chattanooga. It's about as far as Cincinnati.

Historically I'd take the schools I named in a game with BG and feel okay about it. But, I haven't seen BG play this year. If they are that good this year, great for them. They were pretty good last year as well. No disrespect to the BG program intended here. Win your district, win your class, they are doing both.

Thaty is the problem a lot of people do when it comes to High School sports, they use hisotry as their basis which can end up belittling the teams being talked about. This is High School sports, unless you are a Fairview, your players on a team are only their 4 years. What happened in the past has very little to do with the present. St X or Trinity may have been great in the past, but they don't have those players this year which makes it silly in a way to base opinions off the past.

 

Even if you want to use the past, BG is unbeaten now in 3 consecutive regular seasons and in the last 2 post seasons as they are defending 2 time champions going for their 3rd in a row this year. They have beat whoever they have faced and have a in streak of 39 games in a row. Based on history, they seem to be the best in the state. Based on this years team they are deffinatley the best in the state. I find it very odd that some people will put a 4 or 5 loss team in front of an undefeated team thhat has also arguably played a very tough schedule.

 

BG #1 no questions asked.

I understand where you are coming from.....but gee the NKy teams have to travel to WKU to play in the State Title games and the Cincinnati teams being mentioned in this thread are only about 10 to 15 miles farther North of the Ohio River and if CovCath can travel to Henderson County and HHS can Travel to Paducah, why can't BG travel to Cincinnati, Ohio?

Why can't Cincinnati teams travel to BG?

Let's run down the competition for BG for "best team in KY" THIS year...

 

Trinity - Barely beat Manual...BG was up 35-7 at half of their scrimmage with Manual, and it wasn't even that close...then they lost to Male...

 

Male - Lost to Manual...see note above

 

Highlands - Do I need to go through the stats from the Warren Central game? No matter if Highlands was playing kids from the Jr. Pro League, if you give up the all-time most yards in KY state history in a game, you uh, do not get to call yourself the best team in KY that year...

 

Scott Co. - They are the only team I think that has a case that can't be disputed by a common opponent or basic arithmetic...they're claim will be tested in the 6A playoffs when they have to play T, X, or Male.

I would think that the GCL South teams would welcome the chance to play Home and Home with Bowling Green. They have such a hard time filling out a 10 games schedule since many teams in Ohio cannot afford the likely loss.

Let's run down the competition for BG for "best team in KY" THIS year...

 

Trinity - Barely beat Manual...BG was up 35-7 at half of their scrimmage with Manual, and it wasn't even that close...then they lost to Male...

 

Male - Lost to Manual...see note above

 

Highlands - Do I need to go through the stats from the Warren Central game? No matter if Highlands was playing kids from the Jr. Pro League, if you give up the all-time most yards in KY state history in a game, you uh, do not get to call yourself the best team in KY that year...

 

Scott Co. - They are the only team I think that has a case that can't be disputed by a common opponent or basic arithmetic...they're claim will be tested in the 6A playoffs when they have to play T, X, or Male.

 

.........and they should get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. :scared:

I think the only Ohio team that can give BG trouble is Ohio State, but only until the 2nd half.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.