Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many teams in Ohio could beat.....

Featured Replies

How many Florida teams would beat the best Ohio team? Probably many. Mute point for both.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry apparently I accidentally hit the reply button inadvertently before finishing my post.

 

Moeller 38-21

Cincy st. X 28-19

St. Edwards 42-28

St. Ignatious 31-28

 

But would beat LaSalle 42-31

 

So, in effect, CalPreps predicts that BG would go 1-3 in the GCL and lose two of the games by more than a touchdown although all competitive games. Those teams, other than LaSalle, are all consistent Ohio heavyweights so no shame in being competitive with but losing to good teams like that (mosth.s. football teams should be on the field with them) but at least the computer thinks BG would be far from unbeatable in Ohio. Did not run other games but you put link above so others can run there own comparisons. There are some other computer sites that do the same things (others might want to share their favorites as these are a fun way to see how teams might match up if they played) and results can vary (just like actual games) depending on what factors are put in to the system and of course multiple simulations would come up with each team winning a certain percentage of the time.

 

For what it is worth Calpreps also shows BG matchups with certain select KY teams as follows:

 

Highlands would beat BG 38-35

Male would beat BG 35-34

BG would beat Trinity 28-27

BG would beat St. X (again, I suppose) 38-28

 

You can run your own matchups from there.

 

Good thing football is played on the field rather than the CPU. Once again this thread is pointless.

I just ran some matchups of Ohio teams vs BG through hellpreps and the outcome of the games are as follows.

 

BG 38 Moeller 12

BG 45 Elder 17

BG 28 Cincy St X 14

BG 53 St Ignatius 10

BG 21 Colerain 14

BG 54 Cincinnati Bengals 17

BG 64 Cleveland Browns 3

 

:lol:

The top teams in Ky that you're comparing them too are down this year but I disagree. Unless you don't believe moeller is a top team.

 

My response was to the quote

Ohio football is overrated".

Actually yea it is but it is always entertaining to see who flips out. Sorry but I couldn't help myself. I really didn't get much of a reaction like I was expecting though. Mex nibbled but never took the bait

 

Yeah I did.

I'll chime in to what is obviously a frivolous thread. Who has declared Bowling Green the best team in Kentucky, and how did they come to that assumption? I haven't seen the Purples play, but I feel safe in saying that Highlands, Trinity, and Male are all better teams in Kentucky than BG. Perhaps that's unfair this year, but if they were to meet, I'd pick all three schools over BG based on year in and year out production.

 

That said, BG would likely have a tough road to hoe against the upper level of Ohio. Ru got it pretty close, IMO, with his breakdown. I'll leave it at that.

 

Thing is, BG isn't going to play any Ohio schools likely ever. It's a haul and a half from here to there for those two locales. Wouldn't comparing them to Illinois, Missouri, Tenn., or even Indiana competition make more sense?

Good thing football is played on the field rather than the CPU. Once again this thread is pointless.

 

Well the computer certainly seems to have accurately predicted the BG win on the field over St. X.

 

Certainly, if a team played a team multiple time you would have somewhat different results depending on turnovers, injuries and a host of other factors related to how the ball bounces in any particular game but a computer does more objectively project likely results much better than fans.

 

Just for funsies lets see how well it does on predictions for a few of tonight's interstate games. Note, these projections assume a neutral field (none of these games actually will be played on a neutral field but I didn't know if or how to change that factor) so you might adjust a few points in favor of the home team to factor in travel, etc.

 

Cin St. X 28 Lou St. X 7

Cin Moeller 34 Trinity 19

Blackman 31 BG 27

I'll chime in to what is obviously a frivolous thread. Who has declared Bowling Green the best team in Kentucky, and how did they come to that assumption? I haven't seen the Purples play, but I feel safe in saying that Highlands, Trinity, and Male are all better teams in Kentucky than BG. Perhaps that's unfair this year, but if they were to meet, I'd pick all three schools over BG based on year in and year out production.

 

That said, BG would likely have a tough road to hoe against the upper level of Ohio. Ru got it pretty close, IMO, with his breakdown. I'll leave it at that.

 

Thing is, BG isn't going to play any Ohio schools likely ever. It's a haul and a half from here to there for those two locales. Wouldn't comparing them to Illinois, Missouri, Tenn., or even Indiana competition make more sense?

 

That's quite an assumption coming from Someone who admitingly states he's never seen BG play.

I'll chime in to what is obviously a frivolous thread. Who has declared Bowling Green the best team in Kentucky, and how did they come to that assumption? I haven't seen the Purples play, but I feel safe in saying that Highlands, Trinity, and Male are all better teams in Kentucky than BG. Perhaps that's unfair this year, but if they were to meet, I'd pick all three schools over BG based on year in and year out production.

 

That said, BG would likely have a tough road to hoe against the upper level of Ohio. Ru got it pretty close, IMO, with his breakdown. I'll leave it at that.

 

Thing is, BG isn't going to play any Ohio schools likely ever. It's a haul and a half from here to there for those two locales. Wouldn't comparing them to Illinois, Missouri, Tenn., or even Indiana competition make more sense?

 

:lol: :laugh:

Well the computer certainly seems to have accurately predicted the BG win on the field over St. X.

 

Certainly, if a team played a team multiple time you would have somewhat different results depending on turnovers, injuries and a host of other factors related to how the ball bounces in any particular game but a computer does more objectively project likely results much better than fans.

 

Just for funsies lets see how well it does on predictions for a few of tonight's interstate games. Note, these projections assume a neutral field (none of these games actually will be played on a neutral field but I didn't know if or how to change that factor) so you might adjust a few points in favor of the home team to factor in travel, etc.

 

Cin St. X 28 Lou St. X 7

Cin Moeller 34 Trinity 19

Blackman 31 BG 27

 

Good thing football is played on the field opposed to a CPU.

That's quite an assumption coming from Someone who admitingly states he's never seen BG play.

 

He said he based it on history, which of course would be very dicey this year.

 

My guess is that most posting on here have not seen much of BG.

Good thing football is played on the field opposed to a CPU.

 

Makes for some fun off seasons though.

Well the computer certainly seems to have accurately predicted the BG win on the field over St. X.

 

Certainly, if a team played a team multiple time you would have somewhat different results depending on turnovers, injuries and a host of other factors related to how the ball bounces in any particular game but a computer does more objectively project likely results much better than fans.

 

Just for funsies lets see how well it does on predictions for a few of tonight's interstate games. Note, these projections assume a neutral field (none of these games actually will be played on a neutral field but I didn't know if or how to change that factor) so you might adjust a few points in favor of the home team to factor in travel, etc.

 

Cin St. X 28 Lou St. X 7

Cin Moeller 34 Trinity 19

Blackman 31 BG 27

 

Looks like your computer is broken. Might want to get that checked out. Anti-virus or something. Norton's. McAfee.

I'll chime in to what is obviously a frivolous thread. Who has declared Bowling Green the best team in Kentucky, and how did they come to that assumption? I haven't seen the Purples play, but I feel safe in saying that Highlands, Trinity, and Male are all better teams in Kentucky than BG. Perhaps that's unfair this year, but if they were to meet, I'd pick all three schools over BG based on year in and year out production.

 

That said, BG would likely have a tough road to hoe against the upper level of Ohio. Ru got it pretty close, IMO, with his breakdown. I'll leave it at that.

 

Thing is, BG isn't going to play any Ohio schools likely ever. It's a haul and a half from here to there for those two locales. Wouldn't comparing them to Illinois, Missouri, Tenn., or even Indiana competition make more sense?

 

I declared BG the best in the state after I watched them play St. X. I have yet to see an argument convincing me otherwise. And after St. X wins state I'll really be validated.

I declared BG the best in the state after I watched them play St. X. I have yet to see an argument convincing me otherwise. And after St. X wins state I'll really be validated.

 

 

If X wins state, then I will totally agree with your assessment. If not, the water gets a little murky. Of course, this is coming from a guy who hasn't seen BG play this year so I may not have the right to post in this thread.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.