Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jury Duty Exemptions?

Featured Replies

Yeah, I tried using that lactating excuse once too. Didn't work for me either.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been called for jury duty twice. The first time I was on 3 trials. One murder, one was a robbery and the last one was arson and robbery. All three defendants were found guilty. The second time I got called was for Federal jury duty. I got an exemption because I just had my neck surgery and couldn't sit down for that long.

One the first jury duty there was the older guy who told the judge that a defendant was guilty if he was indicted. He got excused. The next week he told the judge he couldn't hear. It was rather funny.

 

Three weeks after the arson and robbery trial I came across the mother of the boy who was on trial. She cussed me like a dog. I just kept on walking. Pissed me off but what could you do.

Pissed me off but what could you do.

 

Tell her she should have done a better job raising her son.

Just stand up, say you know everything about the case, and that defendant is guilty as sin. That should work.

Just stand up, say you know everything about the case, and that defendant is guilty as sin. That should work.

Bingo!!! And if that doesn't work, just stand up and start singing Mr Bojangles

My son played football with the son's of two people that work in the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office and my wife's cousin works there as well...that got me excused from 3 criminal trials. That didn't help when I got stuck on back to back Civil Cases where family was suing family...those stunk!

I'm pretty sure I read this week that the same woman ended up bringing her 7 month old son to jury duty and was charged with contempt of court. She says she does not give her baby a bottle; only breast feeds so she can't serve on a jury.

College students are exempt. I got summoned 4 times during my 5 years at NKU, and I didn't have to serve.

I had jury duty about two years ago. Got called in about 5-6 times, but never was selected for sit for a trial. Best part was it was the November-December window, so instead of two full months we only had about 1.5 due to holidays.

 

One case I was one of the 30 people that had to be questioned by the lawyers. It was an ex-husband committing armed robbery of his ex-wife. One guy said he couldn't sit on the jury because he had a very bad marriage/divorce and any time he hears a wife/ex-wife talk he immediately thinks they're a lying gold-digger. :lol2: He was excused and actually told not to come back.

I'm pretty sure I read this week that the same woman ended up bringing her 7 month old son to jury duty and was charged with contempt of court. She says she does not give her baby a bottle; only breast feeds so she can't serve on a jury.
Get a pump. Breast pump for those that don't know.:whistling:

I like jury duty. I got called a lot about three times in a matter of 4 years when I had young children still at home. Figured out that if I volunteered for Grand Jury, I only had to show up on Thursdays and it was scheduled. I knew I could schedule a sitter for those days. Really enjoyed it actually. Very interesting cases.

I like jury duty too. I get paid full from my work plus keep the measley pay you get from jury duty. It was like OT. I have only done it once for Federal Court in Covington. Got to hear Bulldog interview the jury pool. A lot of interesting stuff you hear.

I've done the jury duty thing several times. Was the foreman once. A disturbing thought for America when you think about it.
...and this is the moment I lost faith in our court system. :D
  • Author
College students are exempt. I got summoned 4 times during my 5 years at NKU, and I didn't have to serve.

Good to know.

 

I've done the jury duty thing several times. Was the foreman once. A disturbing thought for America when you think about it.

 

Full time second graders are not exempt?

I like jury duty too. I get paid full from my work plus keep the measley pay you get from jury duty. It was like OT. I have only done it once for Federal Court in Covington. Got to hear Bulldog interview the jury pool. A lot of interesting stuff you hear.

 

I had to give up my jury pay at my work!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.