Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati 27 Buffalo 24

Featured Replies

Some of it is on Gruden....when he does call pass plays you can't tell me that all the receivers run 5 yard routes. Dalton only seems to look at his primary receiver which is usually a short route.

 

also why do you think Gruden calls those plays at end of games etc.?

 

I put a lot of that on Marvin Lewis, not Gruden.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is exactly right. Dalton only had a few completions downfield and they were basically the TD's which is good. But the majority of his throws were 5 yard passes or dump passes etc. where the receiiver got a ton of yards after the catch.

 

All of which may very well be true. But, you never heard anything like that about Tom Brady when he was throwing all those little quick hitters to Welker over the years. (And no, I'm NOT comparing Dalton to Brady.)

 

So, what I'm saying is this...even when a guy does something good, people who do not like him in the first place, will still find something to complain about him.

All of which may very well be true. But, you never heard anything like that about Tom Brady when he was throwing all those little quick hitters to Welker over the years. (And no, I'm NOT comparing Dalton to Brady.)

 

So, what I'm saying is this...even when a guy does something good, people who do not like him in the first place, will still find something to complain about him.

 

This is 1000% true on here. If Dalton doesn't complete 75% of his passes, throw for 350+ yards, throw 3+ TDs, and have 0 turnovers, a large portion of BGP will crucify him. He played well yesterday. If you can't see that, or refuse to acknowledge it, you're simply blinded by your hatred for him.

I'll give him some credit for yesterday's performance, but he lacks the improv skills - if the first read isn't there, it gets pretty scary with him .

 

That's all I'm saying. As far as the comment about throwing it 10 yards down field instead of the short pass? Well yes if the receiver is open! That's my point, he doesn't tend to look elsewhere and I'd like him too.

This is 1000% true on here. If Dalton doesn't complete 75% of his passes, throw for 350+ yards, throw 3+ TDs, and have 0 turnovers, a large portion of BGP will crucify him. He played well yesterday. If you can't see that, or refuse to acknowledge it, you're simply blinded by your hatred for him.

 

Who's refusing to acknowledge that?

I'll give him some credit for yesterday's performance, but he lacks the improv skills - if the first read isn't there, it gets pretty scary with him .

 

That's all I'm saying. As far as the comment about throwing it 10 yards down field instead of the short pass? Well yes if the receiver is open! That's my point, he doesn't tend to look elsewhere and I'd like him too.

 

So you'd rather he throw 15 yards, with zero shot at YAC, than a 5 yard screen to Gio with daylight in front?

Who's refusing to acknowledge that?

 

You, as well as everyone else who has been bashing Dalton all year, that are (not) surprisingly absent from this thread today....

 

To your credit, you're at least here arguing your point.

Bengals play calling and personnel decisions are dumbfounding. I still say Dalton is average at best. His numbers were good today but at the end of the day, he made simple plays and his receivers had one heck of a game.

Bengals play calling and personnel decisions are dumbfounding. I still say Dalton is average at best. His numbers were good today but at the end of the day' date=' he made simple plays and his receivers had one heck of a game.[/quote']

 

He was the worst QB in the leage in your eyes two weeks ago... :lol2:

He was the worst QB in the leage in your eyes two weeks ago... :lol2:

 

He's bad. Maybe not the worst but he's bad.

I don't think Gruden is the problem, either. In fact, this was a well called game for the most part. You can criticize almost all OC's in every game on some of their calls. Sometimes teams make plays against us. The Bills are not horrible. The only head scratcher during the game that really bothered me was the use of Bernard late when they were 3rd and 1 and BJGE was not in there. Now we don't know if that was Jackson, Gruden, or Lewis making that call. He was standing next to Jackson and he was ignoring him or seemed to be. Bottom line, the offense did enough, the defense can not give them 2 easy TD's in the 4th quarter. They were doing a really good job of keeping things in front of them and making the tackles. Thad Lewis was really struggling with intermediate and short passes. This defense is way to good to allow those easy TD's that late in the game. If you were ever going to play a prevent defense (although it does drive me nuts), this was the game.

You, as well as everyone else who has been bashing Dalton all year, that are (not) surprisingly absent from this thread today....

 

To your credit, you're at least here arguing your point.

Really? How ironic that it is you to say this after the post you made. That is the definition of being a hypocrite. Doing something you acuse others of doing.

 

Do me a favor and read my posts again, I never said he played horrible, and actually I gave him creditt and said he had a decent game. Yet it is you who apparently jump to conclusions and are so blinded by your own bias that you automatically claim I said something I never did. So I will say this,, anyone who thinks Dalton does no wrong (such as you) is too blinded by thgeir own bias to even come remotley close to being able to report on any game Dalton is in with an open mind, like I did.

So you'd rather he throw 15 yards, with zero shot at YAC, than a 5 yard screen to Gio with daylight in front?

What????? What are you even saying?

 

First off you are talking about 1 play out of something like 70+

 

Wow. And also, if a guy 15 yards down field is wide open heck yes I'd rather him throw it there than to a guyy 2 yards down field. If you say you wouldn't then that is just stupid.

Really? How ironic that it is you to say this after the post you made. That is the definition of being a hypocrite. Doing something you acuse others of doing.

Do me a favor and read my posts again, I never said he played horrible, and actually I gave him creditt and said he had a decent game. Yet it is you who apparently jump to conclusions and are so blinded by your own bias that you automatically claim I said something I never did. So I will say this,, anyone who thinks Dalton does no wrong (such as you) is too blinded by thgeir own bias to even come remotley close to being able to report on any game Dalton is in with an open mind, like I did.

 

What are you talking about?

What????? What are you even saying?

 

First off you are talking about 1 play out of something like 70+

 

Wow. And also, if a guy 15 yards down field is wide open heck yes I'd rather him throw it there than to a guyy 2 yards down field. If you say you wouldn't then that is just stupid.

 

Again, you're adding words to my posts. I said, would you rather he throw to a guy that's 15 yards down field, with no chance of getting YAC (so clearly not wide-open), or to a guy 5 yards downfield with daylight in front? If there's a guy 15 yards downfield wide-open, clearly that's the best option, but that isn't even close to what I said. Keep trying though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.