Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati 27 Buffalo 24

Featured Replies

Final.

 

They need to learn how to have that killer instinct and put a team a way when they are up. They get conservative and rely on the defense, and the defense didn't play its best today.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

A few things from the update thread. Hellbird You still claim the secondary is terrible, however if the terrible was as bad as you claim them to be. Then there is no way they would have made QB's like Rodgers and Brady look average this year. Today the defense as a whole didn't play great, and Zimmer picked some bad times to blitz. I believe its close to 20 straight games now without a 300 passer. The Giants use to have a great pass rush a few years ago, and I don't think they even held that many guys under 300 yards. They don't have one true shut down corner, however it is a solid bunch. If you watch other teams secondaries you can see we could do much worst.

  • Author

Also Hellbird were you watching the game or were you listening to the game? I only ask because if you were watching, then you would see that the Bengals never did take points off the board like you kept saying. Nungent made a field goal from 24 yards out, the refs called a holding on the the field on the Bengals to push it 10 yards back. Then he missed it the 2nd time. The Bengals never did take points off the board by choice. It was a penalty on the Bengals that took points off the board. I just wanted to clear that up. :thumb:

  • Author

Dalton played another very average game today. Nothing great but nothing to horrible either. They still need more from him though. It was good to see the Bengals actually take advantage of some of their other talented WR's today in Jones and Sanu. Especially Jones he looked really good today. However Dalton still doesn't seem to know how to go threw his reads, if his first read is not there he either still tries to force it or goes straight to his checkdown. He has to improve in that area!

  • Author

At the end of the day a win is a win. The Bengals are now also in first place though but have plenty of things to fix. Who Dey!

I thought Dalton played pretty good. He should have thrown the ball away a few times and the interception was terrible. But he threw 3 td's, 337 yards, hit 8 different receivers, and a qb rating over 105. I'll take it. I read they are 11-3 over there last 14 regular season games. Defense was up and down. Had some great plays and the goal line was outstanding but gave up too many plays. No way a rookie should drive down the field on this defense inside 3 mins to tue this game

I thought our RBs played very solid today. And great game by Marvin Jones.

  • Author
I thought Dalton played pretty good. He should have thrown the ball away a few times and the interception was terrible. But he threw 3 td's, 337 yards, hit 8 different receivers, and a qb rating over 105. I'll take it. I read they are 11-3 over there last 14 regular season games. Defense was up and down. Had some great plays and the goal line was outstanding but gave up too many plays. No way a rookie should drive down the field on this defense inside 3 mins to tue this game

 

That interception and not throwing the ball away were huge plays. I believe the interception happened in field goal range. The not throwing the ball away also knocked them out of field goal range. Those are big plays and points left on the field. Not to mention a lot of those yards came on 2 yard passes that ended up becoming big plays because of the WR's and blocking. I am not saying he played bad, but I wanted call it a very good game either. Lets not confuse better than how he has been playing, with playing good. It was an above average game from him with some good moments and bad moments.

Brunch at Crave and then afternoon at the zoo. That's a good day. Besides fantasy didn't give it much of a thought. Glad they won.

  • Author
Brunch at Crave and then afternoon at the zoo. That's a good day. Besides fantasy didn't give it much of a thought. Glad they won.

 

Grilled out, drink in hand, watched the game with good company. It was also a good day, and also very glad they won. :D

Grilled out, drink in hand, watched the game with good company. It was also a good day, and also very glad they won. :D

 

Life is good!

Bengals need to target Eifert over the middle more. They need to run Bernard wide once in a while instead of over left guard and right guard. They need to quit going into stall mode late in the game when they're only up two scores. They need to open it up more in the second half -- try some long passes once in a while. They're just too easy to stop late in game, it seems. They got lucky today when a good punt and good punt return in OT turned the tide.

I'm honored with the infatuation FC has for me :)

 

As far as the secondary, yep they weren't very good. PAC man needs to go, he's lost like 3 steps it seems like.

 

Marvin again showed his horrible time management.

 

They squeezed out the win thank god and I will take it.

  • Author
I'm honored with the infatuation FC has for me :)

 

As far as the secondary, yep they weren't very good. PAC man needs to go, he's lost like 3 steps it seems like.

 

Marvin again showed his horrible time management.

 

They squeezed out the win thank god and I will take it.

 

Hey what can I say untrue statements stand out to me. :D

 

Secondary is not the best in the league, but not terrible like you say. Its a solid secondary, and corners have rough games sometimes and your right Adam Jones did seem a step slow. However other games this year against better WR's he has played really well.

 

Have you finally figured it out that the Bengals did choose to take points off the board, and that it was a penalty on the Bengals lol. Which I wasn't trying to call you out on that, I just wasn't sure if you were listening to it, and they said it wrong on the radio. Because the Bengals and Marvin didn't choose to take points off the board, they had to because of the holding penalty.

  • Author
I'm honored with the infatuation FC has for me :)

 

As far as the secondary, yep they weren't very good. PAC man needs to go, he's lost like 3 steps it seems like.

 

Marvin again showed his horrible time management.

 

They squeezed out the win thank god and I will take it.

 

I will say this, there was no reason why they should have barely squeezed it out. They have to learn how to finish a team off, and it may have to do with what you said in the update thread of not trusting Dalton.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.