Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati 27 Buffalo 24

Featured Replies

Several things, 200+ YAC, that's pretty impressive. I thought Dalton again did what he had to do. Their 5th or 6th 90+ yard drive for a TD. Pac Man had a bad game, but not much you can do now but ride with him. I thought coaching was the worse it has been all season. Blitzing lead to too easy TD's when Thad Lewis couldn't throw accurately in the intermediate range, he does have a nice touch on his long balls , though. They did not take points off the board. Gotta have BJGE in when you are running the clock in the 4th. Looked like that was Hue's call, but ML has to overrule that. I don't mind To's in the 1st half any time. The 2nd half I questioned, although one was to not take the FG and go for it on 4th and 15 and Satz made a great catch. Overall, this is the NFL and you take any win. Let's move forward.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the word on Kirkpatrick?

I question if Nugent is 100%. Seems like he has become "Jim Breech-like" where they will not consider any over 50 yard field goal attempt.

  • Author
I question if Nugent is 100%. Seems like he has become "Jim Breech-like" where they will not consider any over 50 yard field goal attempt.

 

Its because Nungent for his career has sucked at field goals over 50 yards. It seems like people think back to his OSU days and how he had a huge leg. However as a pro he really has struggled at kicking it deep on kickoffs, and on long field goals. I still think they should have kept Josh Brown over him.

Bust comes to mind.

I just wondered if he was still nursing an injury or if he was 100% healthy. Because surely he is a better option than Pac Man, if not we are in trouble.

I thought Dalton played very well yesterday....3 TDs, over 300 yards of offense, 65% completion rate, ran for a few 1st downs. Not sure what more he could've done. Play-calling and defense were the reasons Buffalo was even in this game, yet all I've seen on Twitter and the internet is how Dalton almost blew it...What am I missing?

Couple questions I have:

 

1) Why does Jermaine Gresham play so much? He has stone hands, and when he does catch it, he's likely to fumble. I'd have Eifert out there over him at all times.

 

2) Did Gruden get his backs mixed up yesterday? He was trying to run BGE on sweeps and to the outside, and Gio up the gut. On 3rd and 1, late in the 4th, he opted to run tiny Gio up the middle instead of the Law-Firm who has converted something like 30 of 32 attempts on 3rd or 4th and 1 in his career.

 

3) Why does the offense continuously get a couple score lead, and call off the dogs? It's like they decided okay, we're up 14, let's run the clock out.

 

The more I watch them play, the more I realize that Gruden is completely overwhelmed as the OC of an NFL team.

I thought Dalton played very well yesterday....3 TDs, over 300 yards of offense, 65% completion rate, ran for a few 1st downs. Not sure what more he could've done. Play-calling and defense were the reasons Buffalo was even in this game, yet all I've seen on Twitter and the internet is how Dalton almost blew it...What am I missing?
Here is the thing that is troubling to me with Dalton. He isn't one that can improvise in any way. If his primary receiveer is covered Dalton usually does 1 of 2 things, 1. throws it to him anyway or 2 panics and takes a sack. He isn't one that I will ever feel comfortable with to come from behind because he just doesn't have that make up. I don't think Gruden or Marvin have that trust in him either. If you notice when the Bengals have the lead late in games they never trust him it seems to throw the ball to try and extend the lead because they are afraid he will turn it over so they usually run the ball hopiing to get first downs on the ground.

 

If Dalton has to throw down field over 10 yards you have to hold your nbreath because usually he makkes the throw without looking at the defense, he just chucks it. Maybe that is his biggest problemm, he doesn't know how to read defenses pre-snap.

Here is the thing that is troubling to me with Dalton. He isn't one that can improvise in any way. If his primary receiveer is covered Dalton usually does 1 of 2 things, 1. throws it to him anyway or 2 panics and takes a sack. He isn't one that I will ever feel comfortable with to come from behind because he just doesn't have that make up. I don't think Gruden or Marvin have that trust in him either. If you notice when the Bengals have the lead late in games they never trust him it seems to throw the ball to try and extend the lead because they are afraid he will turn it over so they usually run the ball hopiing to get first downs on the ground.

 

If Dalton has to throw down field over 10 yards you have to hold your nbreath because usually he makkes the throw without looking at the defense, he just chucks it. Maybe that is his biggest problemm, he doesn't know how to read defenses pre-snap.

 

I think they run the ball when they have a lead because Gruden and Marvin are idiots who don't know how to close out a game.

Couple questions I have:

 

 

3) Why does the offense continuously get a couple score lead, and call off the dogs? It's like they decided okay, we're up 14, let's run the clock out.

 

The more I watch them play, the more I realize that Gruden is completely overwhelmed as the OC of an NFL team.

II truly believe Gruden and Marvin don't have the confidence in Dalton and that is why they look conservative with leads, because they don't trust him not to turn the ball over or make mistakes.

II truly believe Gruden and Marvin don't have the confidence in Dalton and that is why they look conservative with leads, because they don't trust him not to turn the ball over or make mistakes.

 

Here's the thing though....Gruden makes ignorant play calls regardless of the situation. You can claim it's Dalton's fault, because everything is his fault with Bengals fans, but the fact is, Gruden is completely in over his head as an NFL OC. If his last name was anything else, he wouldn't be in the NFL right now.

Here's the thing though....Gruden makes ignorant play calls regardless of the situation. You can claim it's Dalton's fault, because everything is his fault with Bengals fans, but the fact is, Gruden is completely in over his head as an NFL OC. If his last name was anything else, he wouldn't be in the NFL right now.

I won't disagree with you at all on Gruden. I think he's a moron at times. Yesterday running Gio on 2nd and 3rd down and short was idiotic when they had a chacne to ice the game. His always running on 2nd and long and even 1st and 15 drive me crazy, it's as if Bratkowski never left at times.

 

Here is what drives me nuts, at the beginning of games he opens the play book up big time, and it's uusually succesful like yesterday on the first drifve, but then when the game is in question they become som predictable it's frustgrating. But I also thik the mindset also comes from the lack of confidence in your QB.

I won't disagree with you at all on Gruden. I think he's a moron at times. Yesterday running Gio on 2nd and 3rd down and short was idiotic when they had a chacne to ice the game. His always running on 2nd and long and even 1st and 15 drive me crazy, it's as if Bratkowski never left at times.

 

Here is what drives me nuts, at the beginning of games he opens the play book up big time, and it's uusually succesful like yesterday on the first drifve, but then when the game is in question they become som predictable it's frustgrating. But I also thik the mindset also comes from the lack of confidence in your QB.

 

The bolded doesn't make sense to me. You keep saying it's because they don't trust the QB, but when they have the playbook open, and allow Dalton to make some plays, that's when they build the lead. Also, yesterday Dalton was 4-4 for 55 yards in OT, and 8-13 for 76 yards in the 4th quarter and OT. He wasn't bad, he made plays. The only poor play he made yesterday was the INT.

I agree with most of the comments both HB and UMMF are making here. I see Gruden and Dalton being alike - neither of them are good at making adjustments and digging deeper on the intellectual side. Dalton seems to never throw a pass to option 3 on a play. Like HB said, he wants to force the play to option one and then seems to panic a little if that gets taken away. Gruden comes up with good game plans and finds plays that work against a defense, but when the defense takes those plays away, he doesn't seem to have the next step/adjustment to respond. If I am the Bengals, I bleed a back out on every passing play, especially with Bernard. The Bengals have been doing more of that already. I would make defenses committ a LB to covering the back out of the backfield and then it is up to Dalton to find the tight end in the middle or dump it to the back, whichever the best option is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.