October 8, 201312 yr I don't care what his "numbers" looked like. He won. And yet you keep quoting numbers. The NFL wants sustained winning and someone who has a high potential ceiling, not someone who can't throw the ball and "won" for half a year on a team that excelled at rushing. He got them into the postseason and then he won a game once there.. You keep saying that. He also LOST a playoff game the very next week.
October 8, 201312 yr Remember, Manning completed, 57% of his passes, for nearly 4000 yards and averaged almost 2 TD passes a game his rookie year. He wasn't great, but he was pretty good, and a lot better than Tebow. Aside from record, Tebow, was pretty bad. I agree with you on Tebows numbers. He killed teams with his feet way more than his arm. I love Peyton Mannings game but also remember his first year he was worse than Ryan Leafs first with ints. I don't like defending Tebow especially comparing to Manning cause there is no comparison. My point is he just didn't get a shot, that's all. I believe Tebow is better than a lot of the QBs that sit on the sidelines every week. I think the league and owners and players all got sick of Tebow circus cause I know I did.
October 8, 201312 yr And yet you keep quoting numbers. The NFL wants sustained winning and someone who has a high potential ceiling, not someone who can't throw the ball and "won" for half a year on a team that excelled at rushing. You keep saying that. He also LOST a playoff game the very next week. And didn't just lose it. He got the brakes beat off of him. By UKMF's team.
October 8, 201312 yr Depends on who the other options are. I wouldn't mind him being given a chance to win the job though. Actually, knock on wood, if Brady were to go down, I'd be shocked if the Patriots didn't bring Tebow back to NE. They only carry two QBs, so Mallet is all they have and Tebow knows the offense. As I've said, he's not great, heck he may not even be good, but he's won in his only opportunity at this point. A team like the Jaguars are stupid for not at least giving him a shot. Worst case scenario, they sell more tickets and go winless. Best case scenario, they sell more tickets and he actually wins them some games and makes the respectable in others. Deflection. Answer the question instead of dancing. You hype up Tebow but when posed with the question you want options. How come you can have options and no one else in the NFL can? I'll make it simple for you. List the starting QB's in the league you would take Tebow over. I'll start with my list. NONE.
October 8, 201312 yr First off, Tebow went 7-4 that year. They were 1-4 when he took over. Secondly, you do realize winning 9 of 16 games projects out to better records than either Grossman or Hasselbeck in the same number of starts, right? That little tidbit really helped your argument. :lol2: He took a team that was one of the worst 2-3 teams in the league, and completely turned them around over night. I don't care what his "numbers" looked like. He won. He got them into the postseason and then he won a game once there. That's all that matters, winning. He did that, then never got an opportunity to succeed or fail elsewhere. He deserves an opportunity over scrubs like Henne or Gabbert. They are the worst two QBs in the NFL. Neither has shown any signs of being capable of playing in the NFL. Tebow has started the equivalent of 1 season, both being the first two seasons he was in the NFL each with a different Head Coach and offensive coordinator. If a rookie QB - by most standards - had that type of record over their first 16 games, they would normally get another shot if not praised. I felt like in his magic season two years ago Tebow was winning in spite of the managerial decisions. Elway and Fox did not want him and it was evident yet they kept screwing up and winning :lol2:
October 8, 201312 yr Tebow has started the equivalent of 1 season, both being the first two seasons he was in the NFL each with a different Head Coach and offensive coordinator. If a rookie QB - by most standards - had that type of record over their first 16 games, they would normally get another shot if not praised. I felt like in his magic season two years ago Tebow was winning in spite of the managerial decisions. Elway and Fox did not want him and it was evident yet they kept screwing up and winning :lol2: And now nobody wants Tebow yet TEbow fans can't understand why. Even Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl despite being a horrible quraterback whose team won in spite of his ineptitude at het quarterback position. Amazing what a good rush offense and defense can do to hide their quarterback's deficiencies.
October 8, 201312 yr And now nobody wants Tebow yet TEbow fans can't understand why. Even Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl despite being a horrible quraterback whose team won in spite of his ineptitude at het quarterback position. Amazing what a good rush offense and defense can do to hide their quarterback's deficiencies. Dilfer still played for years beyond his time in Baltimore. I get completely why he does not get a shot. 1) It is a circus. 2) He is unorthodox.
October 8, 201312 yr The point isnt Tebow is a stud , the point is he is better than some of these that flat out suck and have never won at all. Tebow has won games . No he isnt pey pey manning or Brady but he's worth playing when your qb is terrible .
October 8, 201312 yr The point isnt Tebow is a stud , the point is he is better than some of these that flat out suck and have never won at all. Tebow has won games . No he isnt pey pey manning or Brady but he's worth playing when your qb is terrible . What starting QB out of the 32 would you dump for Tebow?
October 8, 201312 yr Chad Henne maybe Josh Freeman based on Fantasy points alone! Carson Palmer failed to break 10 FP twice this season and twice more scored 16 and 14 points, Timmy could do at least that good on the Bengals.
October 9, 201312 yr I have never felt that Tebow would become a classic NFL QB, but in a system that fits his strengths he can be successful. Denver made changes to their philosophy and played to their quarterbacks strengths and were successful. The team felt that long term they could not get where they wanted to go in that system, with that quarterback. Most importantly, that team had other options which included replacing him with arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game. No team now, or in the foreseeable future has that type of option. For Jacksonville changing everything about their system for a QB that could get them to .500 sounds appealing. Anybody who has been a Bengals fan for more than a minute should understand that sentiment. Several times over the last decade every Bengal fan would have fallen all over themselves to get a QB who had a record of having turned a season around. For his part, Tebow produced when given the chance. There is no other QB available to Jacksonville that has ever shown the ability to turn a franchise around. Good for Jacksonville for considering outside the box options.
October 9, 201312 yr I have never felt that Tebow would become a classic NFL QB, but in a system that fits his strengths he can be successful. Denver made changes to their philosophy and played to their quarterbacks strengths and were successful. The team felt that long term they could not get where they wanted to go in that system, with that quarterback. Most importantly, that team had other options which included replacing him with arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game. No team now, or in the foreseeable future has that type of option. For Jacksonville changing everything about their system for a QB that could get them to .500 sounds appealing. Anybody who has been a Bengals fan for more than a minute should understand that sentiment. Several times over the last decade every Bengal fan would have fallen all over themselves to get a QB who had a record of having turned a season around. For his part, Tebow produced when given the chance. There is no other QB available to Jacksonville that has ever shown the ability to turn a franchise around. Good for Jacksonville for considering outside the box options. I ain't mad at Jacksonville and it wouldn't have hurt my feelings to see Tampa go after Tebow and give him a chance just to see if he can get their running game going. At this point it can't hurt. I guess Jacksonville feels the same if he did or does try out there. I do think Tebow sucks and will never be an average NFL quarterback and I'd rather see what Mike Glennon has to offer than Tebow but I wouldn't have blamed Tampa for at least looking. We all know he can kick start a running game.
October 9, 201312 yr Deflection. Answer the question instead of dancing. You hype up Tebow but when posed with the question you want options. How come you can have options and no one else in the NFL can? I'll make it simple for you. List the starting QB's in the league you would take Tebow over. I'll start with my list. NONE. I didn't deflect anything. If Brady went down, I'd go with Mallet because he's better than half the QBs in the league. Tebow is better than the following starters... Weeden Fitzpatrick Gabbert Ponder Glennon
October 9, 201312 yr I didn't deflect anything. If Brady went down' date=' I'd go with Mallet because he's better than half the QBs in the league. Tebow is better than the following starters... Weeden Fitzpatrick Gabbert Ponder Glennon[/quote']agreed.
October 9, 201312 yr :lol: Tebow is better than either of those guys and it's not all that close. There are roughly 80-90 (some teams only have 2 QBs) on NFL rosters better than Henne or Gabbert right now. There are quite a few that aren't on NFL rosters better than those two. That just shows how bad Tebow must look in practice. We know how bad those two look in games, so just imagine how bad he must look in practice where you earn a spot on a team. Those guys are terrible, so there must be another word to describe how Tebow looks in practice, since teams do give those guys a chance over him. Its not like its a conspiracy to keep him off a team, the NFL would love if he was a starter because it gives them more stories. So that just shows how bad he must look when the camera's are not on him which is at practice. With all that said, the Jags have nothing else to lose lol. So might as well give him a chance, and make some money because the stadium will fill up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.