October 9, 201312 yr If the alternative is Blaine Gabbert? Yes. You are not going to convince me Tebow does not give them a better chance of winning. This here is a sideshow though. Only if you go to a wing T option offense. The dude sucks!!!!
October 9, 201312 yr I have never felt that Tebow would become a classic NFL QB, but in a system that fits his strengths he can be successful. Denver made changes to their philosophy and played to their quarterbacks strengths and were successful. The team felt that long term they could not get where they wanted to go in that system, with that quarterback. Most importantly, that team had other options which included replacing him with arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game. No team now, or in the foreseeable future has that type of option. For Jacksonville changing everything about their system for a QB that could get them to .500 sounds appealing. Anybody who has been a Bengals fan for more than a minute should understand that sentiment. Several times over the last decade every Bengal fan would have fallen all over themselves to get a QB who had a record of having turned a season around. For his part, Tebow produced when given the chance. There is no other QB available to Jacksonville that has ever shown the ability to turn a franchise around. Good for Jacksonville for considering outside the box options. Denver won because of their defense. I like how everyone wants to over look the first 57 minutes of the game when defenses weren't playing prevent.
October 9, 201312 yr Only if you go to a wing T option offense. The dude sucks!!!!Tebow does not, nor has he ever run a Wing T option style offense. Now teams would have to commit more to a spread option up temp type attack, that I will give you. And for the record I would not take Tebow.
October 9, 201312 yr Denver won because of their defense. I like how everyone wants to over look the first 57 minutes of the game when defenses weren't playing prevent. Same defense was there when they couldn't stop anybody or win a game to start that year....Amazing what a change in "leadership" can do to a team, isn't it?
October 9, 201312 yr Same defense was there when they couldn't stop anybody or win a game to start that year....Amazing what a change in "leadership" can do to a team, isn't it? The intangible quality of "leadership" is what gets lost the most with Tebow. Just some guys know how to will guys to victory. He was atrocious at times, you can't deny that. But he was also big time at times, you can't deny that either.
October 9, 201312 yr I no longer consider this a wasted season for the Jaguars. The is the season that lead us to get Teddy B! Rumor has it the Jags GM will be at Louisville's game tomorrow night...
October 9, 201312 yr Rumor has it the Jags GM will be at Louisville's game tomorrow night... Please, I still have 2/3 of an NFL football season to sit through watching him NOT in a Jags uni, I can't be too excited yet.
October 10, 201312 yr Please, I still have 2/3 of an NFL football season to sit through watching him NOT in a Jags uni, I can't be too excited yet. JMO, but I think Tajh Boyd would be the better pick. A lot of Russell Wilson in him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.