October 8, 201312 yr I love the outrage that comes out when Tim Tebow's name is mentioned. I just don't get it. How does TT spark so much emotion in people? A lot of it has to do with the media (namely ESPN) constantly putting him front & center. I'm a huge fan of Tebow & want him to succeed, though I very much acknowledge his shortcomings as an NFL QB. He seems to be an authentic young guy & I admire his faith. But I confess that I get sick & tired of seeing all the media coverage about him. His faith also plays a role on both sides. There are people who love him for it & some hate him for it. Combine those two things & that's why I think he is such a lightning rod for controversy.
October 8, 201312 yr Those are two of the worst examples ever given. Denver cut him after trading for one of the 10 best QBs in NFL history, and New England did the same. No one is saying he's great, but he's solid enough that he could've done as good if not better than Sanchez or anyone that Jacksonville currently employs. So you are saying he's good enough to QB the worst team in the league in years, a team that currently is a 4TD underdog this week. That's quite an endorsement.
October 8, 201312 yr So you are saying he's good enough to QB the worst team in the league in years, a team that currently is a 4TD underdog this week. That's quite an endorsement. Isn't that what we're talking about? The Jaguars? Yeah, he deserves a shot. I think right now he would be an improvement for the following teams.... Buffalo (Manuel is hurt) Cleveland Jacksonville Tennessee (Locker is out) Minnesota Tampa Bay Again, no one has ever said he's great, heck even good. All I know, is the one and only shot he got, he took a 1-4 teams and turned them into a division champion and won a playoff game.
October 8, 201312 yr I love the outrage that comes out when Tim Tebow's name is mentioned. I just don't get it. How does TT spark so much emotion in people? I don't get it either. It's always "give him a chance" "he's a winner" "he's a gamer". Where is the same outcry for Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Brady Quinn, all at least who are still in the NFL? Chris Leak lead the Florida Gators to the BCS national championship in 2007. He's a gamer... He's a winner. And he's also not in the NFL. It happens, get over it.
October 8, 201312 yr I don't get it either. It's always "give him a chance" "he's a winner" "he's a gamer". Where is the same outcry for Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Brady Quinn, all at least who are still in the NFL? Chris Leak lead the Florida Gators to the BCS national championship in 2007. He's a gamer... He's a winner. And he's also not in the NFL. It happens, get over it. Usually when making comparison's it helps if you compare like things....Tebow won in the NFL. He took a 1-4 team (with Orton as QB btw), and completely turned them around, won the division, and won a playoff game. What has Fitzpatrick ever won? Or Quinn? Or Leak?
October 8, 201312 yr Isn't that what we're talking about? The Jaguars? Yeah, he deserves a shot. I think right now he would be an improvement for the following teams.... Buffalo (Manuel is hurt) Cleveland Jacksonville Tennessee (Locker is out) Minnesota Tampa Bay Again, no one has ever said he's great, heck even good. All I know, is the one and only shot he got, he took a 1-4 teams and turned them into a division champion and won a playoff game. Disagree with about every team except the Jags. The other teams probably would get worst with him. Lets not forget the main reason why the Broncos started winning with him. The defense started playing lights out when he took over. If I remember correctly the Broncos led the league in three and outs once Tebow took over, but the defense kept making play after play because Tebow sucked for 3 quarters and 10 minutes of each game. To his credit though he did make some plays at the very end of the games to help the team win. However Tebow needs a lot of help to even have a chance to help his team win in the end. Which he also had talent around him on that offense at WR, and RB with a good line. A lot of things had to go right. I hope they sign him though and he does well, because he is the type of guy that I would love to see do well.
October 8, 201312 yr synopsis : took over in denver with the record at 1-4 -- team went 8-8 I believe on the year , beat a favored Steeler team in the playoffs . ( In my heart of hearts that boob owner in denver and ol horseface tried there dangest to sabotage TT) Goes to NYJ and gets zero chance , none notta zero --- does get a legit shot in NE but just isnt good enough in their eyes to help at the QB position. So he is not a huge failure -- Jets refused to give him a shot . NE did but it wasnt a fit . TT isnt great , like someone said , in the wrong system he's not even good --- BUT IN THE RIGHT SYSTEM HE CAN WIN -- that is already fact and cant be argued . It just infuriates me it took those dummies in Jax to sign him .
October 8, 201312 yr I'm on the Jaguars forum and I see absolutely nothing about them signing him. I'm pretty sure this would be headline news on ESPN and I see nothing.
October 8, 201312 yr I'm on the Jaguars forum and I see absolutely nothing about them signing him. I'm pretty sure this would be headline news on ESPN and I see nothing. The link in the original post is a story from like 5 or 6 days ago.....
October 8, 201312 yr Nope. Afraid they may actually win a game or two and screw themselves out of the #1 pick?
October 8, 201312 yr Afraid they may actually win a game or two and screw themselves out of the #1 pick? :lol2: Already set in stone. 2 wins will still get that first pick. 2 wins for the Jags this year will be remarkable. The signing of Tebow would do nothing for this franchise. Maybe more media attention but that's it. Tebow would make Henne/Gabbert look like Peyton Manning this year. Just not worth it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.