If Dunbar can play Montgomery Bell Academy why...

theguru

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing is indicative as to why Lexington football is second rate in 4A. They make excueses (they meaning the administration, not coaches or kids), and blame their failures on everyone, and everything, BUT THEMSELVES. I am glad that Dunbar is playing MBA, I just hate the timing.

So the truth of the matter is that Dunbar can't play Lex Cath because the FCPS administrators prohibit them from doing so. But the FCPS administrators permit them to play a team who does provide athletic scholarships...

THIS WEEK'S SIGN THAT THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US.

So the truth of the matter is that Dunbar can't play Lex Cath because the FCPS administrators prohibit them from doing so. But the FCPS administrators permit them to play a team who does provide athletic scholarships...

Only if their in another State ,where the private and public schools are separated.

I wonder with Montgomery Bell Academy playing two Kentucky teams to open their season, are they themselves being boycotted in the state of Tennessee?
I don't know the answer to that, but I will say that since Tennessee put most of its private schools into a separate division years ago, there isn't nearly as much interaction between the publics and privates. Severak of the private schools have to go outside of the state to fill up their schedule.

This whole thing is indicative as to why Lexington football is second rate in 4A. They make excueses (they meaning the administration, not coaches or kids), and blame their failures on everyone, and everything, BUT THEMSELVES. I am glad that Dunbar is playing MBA, I just hate the timing.

Wouldn't all this posturing be more appropriately suited for the Public-Private forum?

I don't know the answer to that, but I will say that since Tennessee put most of its private schools into a separate division years ago, there isn't nearly as much interaction between the publics and privates. Several of the private schools have to go outside of the state to fill up their schedule.

That is correct. In MBA's league, five of the eight schools played out-of-state competition in 2005 (KY, MS, GA, and SC).

Just go do what Lincoln County has done this year with a kid that still lives in Garrard County every day.Go get an educational guardian and your kid can obviously go where ever he wants.

If you are saying something isn't right in Garrard and/or Lincoln County you need to report it to the KHSAA and not stir it up on BGP in a thread that has nothing to do with Lincoln County.