UK offers Duran Jefferson at Covington Holmes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He plays QB for Holmes but his passing ability is not why his coach plays him there. It's a case of putting the ball in the hands of your best athlete. I agree with westsider that he'll probably play WR or DB. I am somewhat surprised at the offer because he hasn't played much football and he's a bit raw. That said, the athletic ability is obviously there.

He is an excellent athlete who will not be a QB at the next level, but as a WR he should be okay. Not physical enough as a DB, but definitely a VERY gifted athlete.

Didn't he also play DB, punt and return kicks this year for Holmes??

He plays QB for Holmes but his passing ability is not why his coach plays him there. It's a case of putting the ball in the hands of your best athlete. I agree with westsider that he'll probably play WR or DB. I am somewhat surprised at the offer because he hasn't played much football and he's a bit raw. That said, the athletic ability is obviously there.

Good assessment, Shooter.

Congrats to DJ.

What as?

He is the best athlete in NKY since Brandet Englemon. People don't understand how good he is in football, because of the publicity he gets for basketball. The kid is the real deal and can play almost any skill position on the field.

He is the best athlete in NKY since Brandet Englemon. People don't understand how good he is in football, because of the publicity he gets for basketball. The kid is the real deal and can play almost any skill position on the field.

Holmes has also struggled for the most part since Englemon left. So Jefferson doesn't get the football publicity because they aren't in marquise games like they used to be.

I'm guessing that UK sees a lot of raw potential that they can turn into a gameday performer. I'm assuming he's still growing so in a couple of years (after a RS year), DJ could be physically ready to take on the SEC.

I would agree with that assesment. I think he could play on either side of the ball for the cats. I guess all those people that thought he ought to stick with only basketball feel a little silly about now. :D

BTW - I bet DawgyDawg is proud as a peacock about right now. :thumb: