UK offers Duran Jefferson at Covington Holmes

If you want to question anything it should be his "Football heart and desire" not his size or athletic ability at the SEC level.

I'll agree here. I think Duran loves basketball first from what I can see. I just don't know how anyone questions his athletic ability or size.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefferson is a very nice athlete both as a basketball player and a football player but I don't think he is an SEC type player. Unfortunately as long as Ky continues to recruit this level of athlete they will continue to stay at the bottom of the SEC.

I wish DJ all the best and I'm sure he will play at some level in college but honestly why would you really want to go to Ky at this time to play football.

Haven't looked much at their last few recruiting classes. Some of the best in years. I don't know that I agree with offering Jefferson, but I cannot fault what Brooks and his staff have done in the way of finally getting some good players in there, especially, now that he finally has all the schollys back.

Haven't looked much at their last few recruiting classes. Some of the best in years. I don't know that I agree with offering Jefferson, but I cannot fault what Brooks and his staff have done in the way of finally getting some good players in there, especially, now that he finally has all the schollys back.

Not sold on Brooks at all as a coach and until they get out of the SEC cellar I can't comment on the last 2 recruiting classes. If they are as good as you say then hopefully this will be the year we see some improvement. I doubt we will see much change really. As for Jefferson I stand by my previous comments. Very athletic kid but not a SEC player IMO. Lets hope he proves me wrong if that is where he goes.

1. They have 2 excellent recruiting classes in a row, including 1 of the highest ranked players in the country in Micah Johnson this coming season. Those recruits see the direction the program is heading, not where it has been the past few seasons and see the future as being much brighter than the recent past.

Wasn't Dennis Johnson (I think that's right) one of the highest rated players in the country when he signed with UK?

Brandet Englemon was not that much bigger if he was at all than DJ probably will be by football season next year. Brandet put on alot of muscle and weight in his red-shirt year at Michigan. People really are making me laugh acting like DJ right now isn't big enough to be recruited.

DJ will not be as thick as BE was his SR year.

DJ will not be as thick as BE was his SR year.

Apples and oranges. You guys are killing me. This kid is an awesome raw talented athletic player who was deffinetly one of the top athletes on the football field this past season in NKY. We had 3 kids go D1 and I would put him in the same class as them. Who cares what BE did or didn't do. UK is a D1 school and in the SEC. If they've offered, we should be congratualing the kid and letting him revel in it. Not pizzazzzing on his dreams. He deserves the offer. Applaud it and let it go.