August 15, 201313 yr But...he's a clown, right? Should we take what was said seriously? It's pretty much a comedy act, isn't it? If no one should be offended when comedians say the things they do (some recent threads have been about exactly that) then no one should be offended with this. A clown is comedian basically, right? The announcer (and president) of the regional rodeo is also the superintendent of schools in Boonville, Mo. He immediately resigned his rodeo gig. Also read that his school board will conduct an investigation into his role in the incident. The clown is from Slater, Mo., I believe I read. Both towns are in an area of Missouri known as Little Dixie. I've actually been to the Missouri State Fair. This ain't sophisticated entertainment. No "official inquiries" needed here. This was just a bunch of dipsticks who took their act too far, and now they're paying the price. I just wonder how long they've been doing this ha-ha-ha bull-trample-Obama act.
August 15, 201313 yr I just want to point out that I liked a PurplePride post and a cammando post ... back to back ... in a political thread. As to the thread topic, whatever ... :walk:
August 15, 201313 yr But...he's a clown, right? Should we take what was said seriously? It's pretty much a comedy act, isn't it? If no one should be offended when comedians say the things they do (some recent threads have been about exactly that) then no one should be offended with this. A clown is comedian basically, right? This is my mindset. :thumb:
August 15, 201313 yr This is my mindset. :thumb: And In don't care either....just like In didn't mind the Chicks dissin' oil'"W"
August 15, 201313 yr I just want to point out that I liked a PurplePride post and a cammando post ... back to back ... in a political thread. As to the thread topic, whatever ... :walk: A true Renaissance man.
August 15, 201313 yr Here is what is dumb, the NAACP wants to have a federal investigation and Secret Service investigate it for racism. Why didnt the NAACP condem the recent beat down on the bus and what about Benghazi, if they cant investigate a killing of a Embasy employee, then why investigate a clown dressed like Obama, plus what about all the death threats Zimmerman has got, are they investigating that? Without defending the NAACP or their actions I can answer your questions. The NAACP stands for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People so their agenda is based around their perceived mistreatment of colored people, or blacks as I call them, and not so much the mistreatment of non blacks.
August 15, 201313 yr And In don't care either....just like In didn't mind the Chicks dissin' oil'"W" Agreed. The backlash the Dixie Chicks received for it bothered me more than anything and I cannot stand country music.
August 15, 201313 yr Without defending the NAACP or their actions I can answer your questions. The NAACP stands for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People so their agenda is based around their perceived mistreatment of colored people, or blacks as I call them, and not so much the mistreatment of non blacks. I may be wrong but I think he was referring to the Justice Department when he talked about investigating the various instances.
August 15, 201313 yr Agreed. The backlash the Dixie Chicks received for it bothered me more than anything and I cannot stand country music. Don't say I never gave you anything.
August 15, 201313 yr The announcer (and president) of the regional rodeo is also the superintendent of schools in Boonville, Mo. He immediately resigned his rodeo gig. Also read that his school board will conduct an investigation into his role in the incident. The clown is from Slater, Mo., I believe I read. Both towns are in an area of Missouri known as Little Dixie. I've actually been to the Missouri State Fair. This ain't sophisticated entertainment. No "official inquiries" needed here. This was just a bunch of dipsticks who took their act too far, and now they're paying the price. I just wonder how long they've been doing this ha-ha-ha bull-trample-Obama act.I don't see it as any different from the likes of the Bill Maher's of the world. Are you telling me that you have a problem with the things he's said of those on the right?
August 15, 201313 yr I may be wrong but I think he was referring to the Justice Department when he talked about investigating the various instances. You may be right after reading his post again. I see what he is saying more clearly now.
August 15, 201313 yr And In don't care either....just like In didn't mind the Chicks dissin' oil'"W"So, what was asked of the audience wasn't a big deal then?
August 15, 201313 yr This is my mindset. :thumb:You've always been consistent on these kind of things.
August 15, 201313 yr So' date=' what was asked of the audience wasn't a big deal then?[/quote'] So what was wrong with what the Chicks said?
August 15, 201313 yr No ones freedoms were restricted. Freedom of speech isn't absolute. But I do think this was a silly thing to be outraged about. Some in the media spent more time on this than Benhazi or IRS scandal. I mean if we start getting offended by clowns what's left ? Poor taste? Sure. A big deal? Na Russell Simmons video released yesterday was a lot more offensive to black culture.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.