Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obama the rodeo clown

Featured Replies

Ahh, MSNBC...where Redskins is referred to as the "R-word".....

 

Not to threadjack (well, maybe a little). I read an article in the ESPN magazine this morning that looked at that issue. Said virtually every team that had changed names due to the "Native American issue" made money with the switch. After an initial outcry from some, sales of new memorabilia and the like resulted in a nice net gain every time (think Miami University, St. John's, etc.).

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And In don't care either....just like In didn't mind the Chicks dissin' oil'"W"

 

You're right, the chicks certainly were clowns.

Heard a blurb that in 94 a rodeo used a Bush sr. mask on the clown and the dummies used to distract the bulls.

The Missouri clown act -- which got lots of laughs -- is too similar to the L word ... lynching. Isn't it fun to see the black man run? "Run, Obama, run!" Uh, no, it's not.

 

The First Amendment protects this type of speech. But it does not protect against the economic consequences of racist humor.

 

How about when it was a Bush mask?

Heard a blurb that in 94 a rodeo used a Bush sr. mask on the clown and the dummies used to distract the bulls.

I'm glad right-wing radio is finally catching up to the Christian Science Monitor, which reported same three days ago:

 

"In 1994, a Philadelphia Inquirer story noted that a rodeo clown used a George H.W. Bush dummy to distract raging bulls, yet nobody called for a Secret Service investigation, pointed out (Dana) Loesch.

 

"Of course, it’s the element of race that makes the Obama incident so controversial. Many of those who are outraged by the rodeo clown perhaps see mock violence against the nation’s first African-American president in the context of the nation’s long history of real violence against African-Americans."

 

Also from the same editorial: "They mentioned the president’s name, I don’t know, 100 times. It was sickening. It was feeling like some kind of Klan rally you’d see on TV,” said Perry Beam.

 

Rodeo clown banned: Did rodeo stunt go too far? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

  • Author

Im not the clown who did it, but if I did it, it is to make fun of Obama the person, not Obama the black guy. I think this may be what they were doing also but I dont know. I think race has become more of an issue since Obama was elected, as I said 6 yrs ago, I really thought Obama would stop or make race less an issue and bring us closer, but I think the opposite has happened. I may be wrong and looking through bad glasses, but a lot think the same.

The Missouri clown act -- which got lots of laughs -- is too similar to the L word ... lynching. Isn't it fun to see the black man run? "Run, Obama, run!" Uh, no, it's not.

 

The First Amendment protects this type of speech. But it does not protect against the economic consequences of racist humor.

I know, I know...it's always a racist thing when it's anti-Obama. :poop:
I didn't have an issue with what was said. Just pointed out that the issue was what was said.
Ok, at first glance it seemed like you thought it was a problem.

 

As for my problem with the Dixie Chicks, my issue was always more of where it was said. I have a problem with Americans trashing the president on foreign soil. For instance, Oliver Stone calling Obama a snake while in Japan doesn't sit right at all with me.

I'm glad right-wing radio is finally catching up to the Christian Science Monitor, which reported same three days ago:

 

"In 1994, a Philadelphia Inquirer story noted that a rodeo clown used a George H.W. Bush dummy to distract raging bulls, yet nobody called for a Secret Service investigation, pointed out (Dana) Loesch.

 

"Of course, it’s the element of race that makes the Obama incident so controversial. Many of those who are outraged by the rodeo clown perhaps see mock violence against the nation’s first African-American president in the context of the nation’s long history of real violence against African-Americans."

 

Also from the same editorial: "They mentioned the president’s name, I don’t know, 100 times. It was sickening. It was feeling like some kind of Klan rally you’d see on TV,” said Perry Beam.

 

Rodeo clown banned: Did rodeo stunt go too far? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

 

NPR is right wing radio? :laugh:

I know, I know...it's always a racist thing when it's anti-Obama. :poop:

Mountainref (unlike you) hit the nail on the head regarding making fun of Obama the person vs. Obama the black man. How do we differentiate? No president should be off limits to comedians. Having said that, the comedy schtick at the Missouri State Fair went too far, which is why politicians of both parties were tripping over each other to be among the first to denounce what happened. I also laughed when I read the fair board was going to require sensitivity training for future rodeo clowns.

NPR is right wing radio? :laugh:

I thought NPR was jammed in northern Campbell County.

Mountainref (unlike you) hit the nail on the head regarding making fun of Obama the person vs. Obama the black man. How do we differentiate? No president should be off limits to comedians. Having said that, the comedy schtick at the Missouri State Fair went too far, which is why politicians of both parties were tripping over each other to be among the first to denounce what happened. I also laughed when I read the fair board was going to require sensitivity training for future rodeo clowns.
The media and the left do everything they can to make EVERYTHING about race when it comes to Obama. Many fall in step (like you), but others realize everything isn't about color. I'd be willing to bet if Obama was a republican, you'd be singing a different tune.

 

What parts of the shtick went too far when compared to the things many comedians have said about Bush, Reagan, Palin and a myriad of those on the right?

  • Author

I wish they had done it to Hillary or put her mask on the rear end of a cow

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.