Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan McNabb to retire.....is he a Hall of Famer

Is Donovan McNabb worthy of the Hall of Fame? 14 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Donovan McNabb worthy of the Hall of Fame?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

 

 

Yes. It is Philadelphia.

 

 

He won't get booed. He didn't leave on his own, and was always very gracious towards the fans, never got in any trouble or caused any problems. He also gave us Eagles fans the best 10 years or so the franchise ever had. T.O gets booed.....Scott Rolen....couldn't catch a cab in Philly because of the way he left...JD Drew (first round pick of the Phillies that refused to sign), got crushed every time he went back. But stars who were good dudes always get treated well when they come back.

I think the NFL HOF voters have made it pretty clear. To be a Hall of Fame QB you need to win a Super Bowl. If you don't win a Super Bowl, your numbers have to be so good that it is an absolute no brainer that you belong in. McNabb does not meet either of those criteria.

I think the NFL HOF voters have made it pretty clear. To be a Hall of Fame QB you need to win a Super Bowl. If you don't win a Super Bowl, your numbers have to be so good that it is an absolute no brainer that you belong in. McNabb does not meet either of those criteria.
That's a good point.
I think the NFL HOF voters have made it pretty clear. To be a Hall of Fame QB you need to win a Super Bowl. If you don't win a Super Bowl, your numbers have to be so good that it is an absolute no brainer that you belong in. McNabb does not meet either of those criteria.

 

Are HOF members part of the voting electorate? Wonder how Archie Manning voted.

As a lifelong Eagle fan and subsequent McNabb fan, he just never felt like a HOFer to me. Donovan always left me hanging and wanting something just a little bit more than what he was ever able to deliver.

 

Kind of the way I see him as well. HOF just doesn't come to mind when I say the name McNabb. Good qb, very good at times but never the best or even two or three best at any time during his career. And like someone else said, just really doesn't have any big moments that stick out, and although I'm not one to automatically blame a qb if his team doesn't get over the hump, he just seemed to kind of blend into the background when the spotlight burned the brightest, at least it sure seems that way.

 

And lets remember, the HOF is supposed to be for the very best, not simply the very good. No doubt he was very good at times in his career, very best I'd have to say not.

Not even close IMO. He was nothing more than a solid QB. The Hall of Fame isn't the place for solid players, it's for great players.

  • Author
Not even close IMO. He was nothing more than a solid QB. The Hall of Fame isn't the place for solid players, it's for great players.

 

 

He led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. One of 8 QBs to throw for 35K yards and have higher than 59% completion percentage. One of the best running QBs to play the game. I'd say it is close at the least.

He led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. One of 8 QBs to throw for 35K yards and have higher than 59% completion percentage. One of the best running QBs to play the game. I'd say it is close at the least.

 

You left off, biggest "big game choke artist" in league history. Dude was good until the game became big, then he wilted.

 

Sorry, but his numbers don't justify HOF without a ring.

  • Author
You left off, biggest "big game choke artist" in league history. Dude was good until the game became big, then he wilted.

 

Sorry, but his numbers don't justify HOF without a ring.

 

If George Blanda, Dan Fouts, YA Tittle, Dan Marino, Warren Moon,Fran Tarkenton are all in the HoF then McNabb should be too.

You left off, biggest "big game choke artist" in league history. Dude was good until the game became big, then he wilted.

 

Sorry, but his numbers don't justify HOF without a ring.

 

Yet, Jim Kelly is a HOFer?

Yet, Jim Kelly is a HOFer?

 

This is the one name I struggle with when comparing him to Mcnabb. Very similar stats, and despite Kelly's 4 Super Bowls, statistically, Mcnabb was better in the playoffs. Other QB's that are in that are in without Super Bowls that were mentioned, like Marino, Fouts, Moon and Tarkenton have much bigger numbers and had longer better careers than McNabb. But if there is room for Kelly, then there probably should be room for McNabb. Although I would say I don't think Kelly belongs either.

But if there is room for Kelly, then there probably should be room for McNabb. Although I would say I don't think Kelly belongs either.

 

This.

This is the one name I struggle with when comparing him to Mcnabb. Very similar stats, and despite Kelly's 4 Super Bowls, statistically, Mcnabb was better in the playoffs. Other QB's that are in that are in without Super Bowls that were mentioned, like Marino, Fouts, Moon and Tarkenton have much bigger numbers and had longer better careers than McNabb. But if there is room for Kelly, then there probably should be room for McNabb. Although I would say I don't think Kelly belongs either.

 

Valid points, but it is all about the Super Bowl. I disagree with it completely. But, as I said above, the HOF voters have made it clear that it is all about the Super Bowl when looking at QB's. You can nitpick on the numbers all you want, but the only number that matters is 4 Super Bowls for Kelly and only one for McNabb. Even though Kelly didn't win a Super Bowl, there are very few QB's who have played in 4 and that is why he is in the HOF.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.