Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does A-Rod deserve/receive life time ban?

Featured Replies

It is being speculated that MLB may give him a life time ban....should he be banned for life?

I doubt he gets it, he'll probably just retire instead. Technically he is just a first time offender even though he admitted to using them previously. A lot depends on the evidence they have on him and what he had previously told investigators and MLB officials.

 

He will plea out, he wants to keep some of the money that's owed to him obviously.

I think we have to wait and see the evidence they have before saying one way or the other.

  • Author
I doubt he gets it, he'll probably just retire instead. Technically he is just a first time offender even though he admitted to using them previously. A lot depends on the evidence they have on him and what he had previously told investigators and MLB officials.

 

He will plea out, he wants to keep some of the money that's owed to him obviously.

 

Completely agree, but do you think he deserves to be banned. He seems to have flaunted the PED thing more than most. Admitted to using, apologized then used again.

I think we have to wait and see the evidence they have before saying one way or the other.

 

This! How can any of us know what he deserves without reviewing all of the evidence?

Completely agree, but do you think he deserves to be banned. He seems to have flaunted the PED thing more than most. Admitted to using, apologized then used again.

 

Sounds like, based on rumblings, that he set out to try and influence witnesses (just like Lance Armstrong). If that is the case, that will be what gets him a stiffer penalty than others.

Does he deserve it? Maybe so, but I'd be shocked if he gets it. What he does get will end his career IMO.

 

I'm thinking he'll be suspended for the remainder of this season, and all of next season. Once he gets suspended, I don't see him ever playing in the majors again.

I agree, wait and see what all the evidence is. However, he has admitted using them previously, right? If he used after he made that admission, I trust him much less in baseball than Pete Rose so yes to a lifetime ban if those are the facts.

Skip Shuemaker has been very outspoken about the penalties that are set up now are not working. He said lifetime ban or voiding contracts. I am against lifetime ban on first time offenders but I do like the voiding contracts on maybe the 2nd offense.

 

Baseball has the harshest penalties but like in all sports there are going to be some that still cheat.

I don't think you'll see ARod back in pinstripes this year, regardless of the verdict. Heard the Yanks are dragging their feet bringing him through rehab. From the way I understand it, if he does not make the major league roster before he gets suspended, New York owes him nothing for the season. With everybody they have on the DL, bringing him back at this point does nothing for them, so they'd prefer to save the cash.

 

I heard ARod's agent an Cashman got into a verbal sparing match through the media over this very thing. Something like, ARod says he has doctors that give him the green light to come up and Cashman saying to the effect, "Unless a Yankee doctor says he can go, he will continue to rehab in the minors."

  • Author

Report: A-Rod offered deal to sit out '13-'14, avoid lifetime ban - CBSSports.com

 

So it's only been a few hours since the last Alex Rodriguez update, which means we're due another. And we have one, courtesy of a report in the New York Daily News.

 

And the update is that A-Rod is, in fact, facing a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball due to what is reportedly "voluminous evidence" in connection to the Biogenesis scandal. MLB is, however, offering a deal. If A-Rod takes his medicine now and doesn't fight a suspension, he'll be suspended for the rest of this season and all of next season. That would mean A-Rod could return to the Yankees in 2015. The report indicates MLB wants to hear back from A-Rod on the matter by Monday.

 

1 and 1/2 year suspension vs life time ban...either way he'll never play again

Report: A-Rod offered deal to sit out '13-'14, avoid lifetime ban - CBSSports.com

 

 

 

1 and 1/2 year suspension vs life time ban...either way he'll never play again

 

Oh yes he will. Yankees have him on contract through 2017 with an average salary of $27.5 million a year. As long as he is in the game, he isn't going anywhere with that money on the plate for him. Only way he leaves the game is if he is banned/forced out. Even if the Yankees are able to ban him through next year he will still have another 3 years on contract at roughly a little north of $80+ million left for him. Granted this number may not be right because I'm just using the average salary of the original 10-year $275 million contract he signed back in December 2007 but I'm sure its close enough. Too much money still left on the table for him to leave even WITH a potential ban on the horizon.

Oh yes he will. Yankees have him on contract through 2017 with an average salary of $27.5 million a year. As long as he is in the game, he isn't going anywhere with that money on the plate for him. Only way he leaves the game is if he is banned/forced out. Even if the Yankees are able to ban him through next year he will still have another 3 years on contract at roughly a little north of $80+ million left for him. Granted this number may not be right because I'm just using the average salary of the original 10-year $275 million contract he signed back in December 2007 but I'm sure its close enough. Too much money still left on the table for him to leave even WITH a potential ban on the horizon.

 

From what I understand though, the contract is guaranteed. I'm sure the Yanks will look for an angle to get the contract voided, but that probably isn't likely. Or they may try to find a way to get him declared physically unable to play, in which case insurance will cover a chunk of the contract. Really, A-Rod has the Yanks over the barrel. He may never play for them again, but he's still going to get paid.

I'm not really sure what he deserves because I don't know what is true, but I say 180 games suspension.

  • Author
From what I understand though, the contract is guaranteed. I'm sure the Yanks will look for an angle to get the contract voided, but that probably isn't likely. Or they may try to find a way to get him declared physically unable to play, in which case insurance will cover a chunk of the contract. Really, A-Rod has the Yanks over the barrel. He may never play for them again, but he's still going to get paid.
That what I think as well, he may get paid but I don't see him coming back onto the field for the Yanks or anyone else.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.