Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Was Rolling Stone Thinking?

Featured Replies

Really? They put the Boston bomber on the cover? smh

 

2135_1374066450.jpg

  • Replies 87
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they were not thinking

Publicity, perhaps even call it glorification, of a criminal is part of the problem. The media needs to be more responsible. At some point respectable, prideful jounralistic integrity has to take precedence over yellow journalism, sensationalism and selling copies. I hope this issue is boycotted by the public top prove a point. You have to hit them in the pocket book because it is all about the $$$$.

Rolling Stone has thought of themselves as some sort of social conscience for America for quite a while, this is not a surprise to me at all.

These are just guesses so I really can't say for sure:

 

A. Because of the internet perhaps their news stand sales are down, and they want to draw attention to have folks buy physical copies.

 

B. Because of the internet perhaps their news stand sales are down, and they want to draw attention to have folks buy physical copies.

 

C. Because of the internet perhaps their news stand sales are down, and they want to draw attention to have folks buy physical copies.

 

or it could be...

 

D. Because of the internet perhaps their news stand sales are down, and they want to draw attention to have folks buy physical copies.

  • Author

I think this will turn off readers in a big way. I think it's a terrible decision.

Is it any different than when Time put the Giffords shooter on their front page? I dont agree with either, but was there any fall out like this?

Is it any different than when Time put the Giffords shooter on their front page? I dont agree with either, but was there any fall out like this?

 

Did Time do a sympathetic piece on Gifford's shooter as this appears to be.

Notice there is an article on Willie Nelson in that issue, Willie will be the featured act this weekend at the 20th Master Musicians Festival in Somerset. Come on down and enjoy some Willie this weekend.

Did Time do a sympathetic piece on Gifford's shooter as this appears to be.

 

In defense of Rolling Stone (I'm not sure why; it's been terrible for as long as I can remember), the cover does call him a monster.

Got no problem with it. I think many want to read about the bomber. It's not glorifying him in any way.

  • Author
Got no problem with it. I think many want to read about the bomber. It's not glorifying him in any way.

 

They can put an article in the magazine without putting him on the cover. Being on the Rolling Stone cover has always been a big deal.

Adolph Hitler - 1938 Time Magazine Man Of The Year

Joseph Stalin - 1939 Time Magazine Man Of The Year

Joseph Stalin - 1942 Time Magazine Man Of The Year

Nikita Khrushchev - 1957 Time Magazine Man Of The Year

Ayatollah Khomeini - 1979 Time Magazine Man Of The Year

Osama Bin Laden was on the cover of Time Magazine...Saddam Hussein was a couple of times as well.

 

I just don't see the issue, so long as they're not glorifying the guy.

I'd like to see a photoshop where this is a Time cover. I think a lot of the issue is that this is Rolling Stone and that the cover design coupled with his hair/look in the photo makes him look like a rock star and people don't care for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.