Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Was Rolling Stone Thinking?

Featured Replies

Be patient. B-Ball-fan will soon be able to post a 4 paragraph theory on the meaning of the shirt and how the CIA was behind the printing of it. He'll also have a link to a website that will give you all the details.

 

Thank you for taking notice of my sound well thought out articles that true folks of reason absorb and understand to not be typical, shallow, or common as they tend to provide points to ponder that go well beyond what the general generic average public has been offered by the so called norm.

 

I realize that from within that little locked box it may be hard for some average folks to comprehend anything beyond its confines. How folks breath in that little box is beyond me considering how crowded and suffocating it must be in there.

 

Nonetheless, it does appear that most are quite content with it as their comfort zone, as it diminishes the need to challenge themselves to think beyond it.

 

Those who do have the capacity however to grasp original thinking, and understand where I come from, would know that I would never consider that the CIA and Rolling Stone would come anywhere near being associates.

 

I'm disappointed in your assumption that I would, but your assumption does provide indication of where you reside in the "folks of reason" category.

 

Personally, I would find the "meaning of the shirt" topic to be trite and uninteresting as there are much bigger eggs to fry with regard to the Boston Bombings story.

 

I'm assuming that you've already seen my offerings with relationship to the bombings tragedy, but perhaps had difficulty in comprehending its logic. This is only apparent to me considering your assumption which I am presently addressing.

 

I applaud you for your effort in attempting original logical thinking, however I'm sorry to have to inform you that it missed its mark. It lacks any sense of logic, and you and your pal spindoc might need a dose of reassessment... that is only if you're capable of it and it doesn't make your brain ache trying.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4392721521_625241ff92_b.jpg

 

How much outrage did this cover cause?

Edited by lawildcat

Ironic since Catcher In The Rye was released this week in 1951.

 

I see a big difference. "Glorification" of a criminal is not the same as a piece of fiction. I know both situations deal with censorship. But one deals with real life and death, the other is fiction.

I see a big difference. "Glorification" of a criminal is not the same as a piece of fiction. I know both situations deal with censorship. But one deals with real life and death, the other is fiction.

 

Censorship is censorship. The rest is rationalization.

 

RS is not "glorifying" anything.

Censorship is censorship. The rest is rationalization.

 

RS is not "glorifying" anything.

 

Perhaps there is a better word than "glorification". Call it what you want. As stated earlier in the thread, I see any publicity for criminals as a big negative. I don't want their names publicized. I would prefer to see their picture as little as possible. There should be nothing positive that results from committing a crime. If Rolling Stone had left his picture off the cover and kept the headline the same, I would have no problem with it.

Future collectors item?

 

I wonder how many people that are actually against it,already have a copy stashed away...:sneaky:

Perhaps there is a better word than "glorification". Call it what you want. As stated earlier in the thread, I see any publicity for criminals as a big negative. I don't want their names publicized. I would prefer to see their picture as little as possible. There should be nothing positive that results from committing a crime. If Rolling Stone had left his picture off the cover and kept the headline the same, I would have no problem with it.

 

You're contradicting yourself. First you say any publicity of criminals is bad, then in the same post you say you'd have no problem with it if his picture wasn't there. The story is giving him publicity is it not?

As of now, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Stop-n-Go have pulled them from their shelves.

 

Because of "nonsense" like this Rolling Stone is getting exactly what they wanted....tons of FREE publicity, and it doesn't matter if it's negative it's still publicity. The mole hill has now become a mountain. :ohbrother:

You're contradicting yourself. First you say any publicity of criminals is bad, then in the same post you say you'd have no problem with it if his picture wasn't there. The story is giving him publicity is it not?

 

It is good to discuss the incident and dig into the details. I have no problem with RS doing an article and discussing background on the criminal. But I would like the criminal to be called the Boston Bomber or something similar with no name and no picture attached. Put labels on criminals that don't give them individual publicity. Write all the stories and analysis you want but no criminal names and no criminal pictures.

A Boston police officer was upset with Rolling Stone so he gave some behind-the-scenes pictures to Boston Magazine. Problem is they were not supposed to be released to anyone so he was "relieved of duty" tonight.

 

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/07/18/massachusetts-state-police-sgt-sean-murphy-relieved-of-duty/

 

Unfortunate for a 25-year vet but it shows that overreaction and emotion often lead to bad things.

This could be Rolling Stone's funeral. With consideration to how down magazine and other print media businesses have become, this was risky to say in the least; also distasteful IMO. Can't imagine how much they will lose on ad sales from this.

This could be Rolling Stone's funeral. With consideration to how down magazine and other print media businesses have become, this was risky to say in the least; also distasteful IMO. Can't imagine how much they will lose on ad sales from this.

 

Zero chance. Like all faux controversies this will be forgotten about quickly.

One of the police officers involved in the manhunt for Dzhokhar, Massachusetts State Police Sergeant Sean Murphy has released photos of Dzhokhar as he came out of his hiding place in the boat and was taken into custody in response to the "normalcy" of the picture of him published on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. He is quoted in Boston Magazine as saying, "This guy is evil. This is the real Boston bomber. Not someone fluffed and buffed for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine."

 

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/07/18/tsarnaev/

 

1a.jpg

 

1b.jpg

 

1c.jpg

 

1d.jpg

 

1e.jpg

 

(Notice the laser sight trained on his forehead in the 3rd and 4th pictures.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.