July 11, 201313 yr I'm just waiting to see what PP92 has to say. Not much to say and my thinking is in line with Goldie's. When the lights come on Marshall will be there if he can put the pipe down. He's what he is because they allowed him to be that.
July 11, 201313 yr Saw something on Twitter I couldn't agree more with.....AK rode this kid to save his job last year, now is gonna kick him to the curb. High character guy that Andy Kennedy is. You have no idea what you are talking about. Over a month ago the coaches discovered this and tried to get him help, thus far it hasn't worked. They are far from kicking him to the curb, but a lot is on Marshall at this point, they've done what they can to help him. I know a lot more about this than Katz does, but I gave my word it would stay to myself and it shall. Ole Miss Rebels' Marshall Henderson needs help, but will he ask for it? - college basketball - ESPN
July 12, 201313 yr Saw something on Twitter I couldn't agree more with.....AK rode this kid to save his job last year, now is gonna kick him to the curb. High character guy that Andy Kennedy is. Just another international incident
July 12, 201313 yr You have no idea what you are talking about. Over a month ago the coaches discovered this and tried to get him help, thus far it hasn't worked. They are far from kicking him to the curb, but a lot is on Marshall at this point, they've done what they can to help him. I know a lot more about this than Katz does, but I gave my word it would stay to myself and it shall. Ole Miss Rebels' Marshall Henderson needs help, but will he ask for it? - college basketball - ESPN His drug issues didn't seem to stop Kennedy from bringing him in. No one was naive enough to think that would change. He loved the kid while he was saving his job. Now that his job is saved, it's all of a sudden an issue? Laughable.
July 12, 201313 yr Aww Shucks.... I was hoping to run into him at a bar after a game this year in Atlanta for the SEC tourney......
July 12, 201313 yr His drug issues didn't seem to stop Kennedy from bringing him in. No one was naive enough to think that would change. He loved the kid while he was saving his job. Now that his job is saved, it's all of a sudden an issue? Laughable. He's not even kicked him off the team at this point, there is so much of this you don't know it's not funny. Kennedy is doing everything he can to try and save the kid. Marshall has a serious problem, and they are trying to either straighten it out or cut ties. To say it was a problem last season during the season isn't really accurate, you don't know the time table on the failed drug tests and what brought all this about, I'll give you a hint the multiple failed tests occurred after a police stop, that occurred a little over a month ago. After someone has done rehab and several other things too it's not completely naive to think that maybe they are clean and have earned a second chance.
July 12, 201313 yr He's not even kicked him off the team at this point, there is so much of this you don't know it's not funny. Kennedy is doing everything he can to try and save the kid. Marshall has a serious problem, and they are trying to either straighten it out or cut ties. To say it was a problem last season during the season isn't really accurate, you don't know the time table on the failed drug tests and what brought all this about, I'll give you a hint the multiple failed tests occurred after a police stop, that occurred a little over a month ago. After someone has done rehab and several other things too it's not completely naive to think that maybe they are clean and have earned a second chance. You really are naive, aren't you? :lol2: I know you'll defend Kennedy the bigot until you're blue in the face, but it's obvious the dude has serious character flaws.
July 12, 201313 yr You really are naive, aren't you? :lol2: I know you'll defend Kennedy the bigot until you're blue in the face, but it's obvious the dude has serious character flaws. You are naive if you think he's a bigot, the truth is what it is, and most of it won't be reported on or ever become public knowledge.
July 12, 201313 yr You are naive if you think he's a bigot, the truth is what it is, and most of it won't be reported on or ever become public knowledge. He is a bigot. Racial slurs at a cab driver prove that. Keep defending him though. I find it quite amusing your outcry about Rand Paul's association with a racist in the other thread and yet you defend a bigot every chance you get here.
July 12, 201313 yr He is a bigot. Racial slurs at a cab driver prove that. Keep defending him though. I find it quite amusing your outcry about Rand Paul's association with a racist in the other thread and yet you defend a bigot every chance you get here. Dude the whole thing was because the cab driver called our former assistant coach Ward the N word, that's what ignited the whole thing. And I didn't call Rand's guy a racist per say, I just think those that advocate the over throw of the U.S. government shouldn't be advising congressmen.
July 30, 201313 yr Heisman winner Johnny Manziel's celebrity could derail the Texas Aggies season - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN This is an ESPN piece on Johnny Manziel. I thought the quote at the end was telling when he said verbatim, that the parents might be "just wishing the season was started already for the structure and normalcy it would bring" would apply to the overall topic of this discussion. I can't pretend to know the type of pressure these two guys (or others like Jadaveon Clowney) are under, but do think the fact that they are what I would categorize as 'young, famous, college aged guys with lots of time off at some point in the year' is telling.
July 31, 201313 yr ^ what is Marshall fous for? Being a mediocre to terrible basketball player who loves having the rock in his possession? At least Johnny actually has accomplished something other than being labeled as just a party boy
July 31, 201313 yr ^ what is Marshall fous for? Being a mediocre to terrible basketball player who loves having the rock in his possession? At least Johnny actually has accomplished something other than being labeled as just a party boy Marshall Henderson is far from "mediocre to terrible".
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.