June 22, 201313 yr To me it's simple. They made a business decision that she and the bad publicity that is coming with this is not worth what she brings. No different than Imus. I don't care one way or the other. They get to run their business like they wish. This. However, like the author of the Forbes piece, I wouldn't bet against Paula either. For the record, I don't watch cooking channels, all they do is make me want something I either cannot have or cannot afford. Kind of like porn. :sssh:
June 22, 201313 yr What a joke! She gets fired for admitting she used the n-word a long time ago and in one incident it was a private conversation with her husband. Show me a person of any color who says they have never in their life used the n-word in one form or another and I will show you a liar. I think the bigger joke....is her apologizing. :ohbrother:
June 22, 201313 yr I think that the bigger problem ( I won't call it a joke) is that a single word, regardless of how offensive it is, has taken on the status it has. If you have EVER dared to utter it can destroy you. For those that have read the Harry Potter books it's almost that absurd. Paula Deen's stupidity was the way she tried to explain herself.
June 22, 201313 yr It seems there are more allegations and remarks in the deposition than her admittance that she used a bad word a long time ago.
June 22, 201313 yr It seems there are more allegations and remarks in the deposition than her admittance that she used a bad word a long time ago. I kind of thought the same thing.
June 22, 201313 yr Sure. When we do we say it in a safe environment so there are no consequences. She didn't. There are. Nothing to indicate that is true. She has denied it. Allegations are all that's there. Former employees are certainly known to enhance their charges. It may end up that they are true but no knowing that at the moment. I will say her response to not being renewed was nothing but class.
June 22, 201313 yr Nothing to indicate that is true. She has denied it. Allegations are all that's there. Former employees are certainly known to enhance their charges. It may end up that they are true but no knowing that at the moment. I will say her response to not being renewed was nothing but class. She did go out gracefully.
June 22, 201313 yr She had to after the stupidity of her prior remarks. I agree but for some reason people don't always bow out gracefully like they should.
June 22, 201313 yr Nothing to indicate that is true. She has denied it. Allegations are all that's there. Former employees are certainly known to enhance their charges. It may end up that they are true but no knowing that at the moment. I will say her response to not being renewed was nothing but class. You are correct.
June 22, 201313 yr I still think that people are over sensitive to the use of the word. It's be different if people find use it over a million times a day but evade Paula Dean is white she gets fired. It's stupid that's the case.
June 22, 201313 yr I still think that people are over sensitive to the use of the word. It's be different if people find use it over a million times a day but evade Paula Dean is white she gets fired. It's stupid that's the case. Even though she admitted to using it in a racially insensitive way? Can't do that. Just the way it is. Simple process, you want to keep your job then don't use racially insensitive words.
June 22, 201313 yr I still think that people are over sensitive to the use of the word. It's be different if people find use it over a million times a day but evade Paula Dean is white she gets fired. It's stupid that's the case. What about asking black employees to dress up as slaves for her personal events? I recall reading something like that as well about her. That seems to go beyond a flippant racial epithet in private company.
June 22, 201313 yr What about asking black employees to dress up as slaves for her personal events? I recall reading something like that as well about her. That seems to go beyond a flippant racial epithet in private company. I thought that was what all the fuss was about until I came in this thread and found out she usd the N-word on multiple occassions and admitted it. Of course she'd get fired. I mean her contract wouldn't be renewed. :lol:
June 22, 201313 yr If it was used in a racially insensitive way then yes sure. If she asked people to dress up as slaves then that's not bad IMO. People do it all the time for movies and other stuff so why not a cooking show?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.