Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Johnson Gets 30 Days

Featured Replies

Stephen A Smith ‏@stephenasmith 1h I simply cannot believe Chad's silliness. You don't play around in court. Especially with a FEMALE judge presiding over DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

 

Pretty much said the same on air.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree, I think it is well deserved, the Judge just finished telling Chad he barely escaped Jail Time on this and then Chad...

 

I still don't see how Chad, or any defendant for that matter, interacts with their attorney should factor into the judges decisions.

Didn't seem that bad of a thing to me. The judge didn't react until the entire courtroom started laughing.

 

 

Chad Johnson -- Ripped By Judge for Slapping Lawyer's Ass | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com

 

Thanks for posting the video.

 

Given that she is a Judge, I think it makes sense to take some time (maybe ten or twenty seconds in this case, I am not sure from the video edits) to collect her thoughts before changing course. In other words, I thought the time used to change her decision was totally appropriate.

I certainly don't feel sorry for Chad as he made the bed he now has to lie in. I think it's sad that his life has come crumbling down around him though.

I certainly don't feel sorry for Chad as he made the bed he now has to lie in. I think it's sad that his life has come crumbling down around him though.

 

No on to blame but himself.

 

Check out what Stephen A. Smith had to say today on First Take, he nailed it:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MBhDHqVVU

There's a GIF of the butt tap on TmZ, FYI. I'm on my phone, so I can't get it on here.

The thing that jumped out to me was his lawyer apologizing and making excuses for him immmediately after she began questioning what happened.

 

I am sure this is a tough judge and based on his lawyer's reaction when it happened, I am sure he probably talked to Chad before hand telling him to be on his best bahavior, you can't mess around with this judge, etc., etc.. The lawyer, in my opinion, knew it was going to hit the fan once he did it because he immediately tried to brush it off, etc..

 

It's her courtroom and I think she felt he was being disrespectful to her and her courtroom. I think she did the right thing. I bet he'll behave better the next time he's in her courtroom or someone elses the next time he messes up.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 8

Here's my take on the incident after watching the video.

 

The judge said something along the lines of "you should be thanking your attorney, he did a terrific job." So Chad did what every athlete does when someone on their "team" does a good job, he slapped their butt. He even muttered the words "good job" as doing it. I don't believe it was to make light of the situation, just thanking his attorney. Maybe it wasn't the best time to do so though.

Here's my take on the incident after watching the video.

 

The judge said something along the lines of "you should be thanking your attorney, he did a terrific job." So Chad did what every athlete does when someone on their "team" does a good job, he slapped their butt. He even muttered the words "good job" as doing it. I don't believe it was to make light of the situation, just thanking his attorney. Maybe it wasn't the best time to do so though.

 

I agree with you only Chad still doesn't get this is real life, not an NFL game.

I wonder if the judge reprimanded the court officer for his reaction as well.

Chad is too arrogant for his own good. Always has been.

I agree with Stephen A on this one. Not taking the proceedings seriously in the courtroom is never a good idea.

Why would you do that? He's an idiot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.