Cordia 2013/2014

This is last year's team. The bold are the players that I know are transfers.

Ajenee Chisolm

Austin Combs

Justin Cornett

Stefon Hill

Brian Jones

Marlon King .

Kelly Neace

Anthony Tagaloa .

Marcus Nowell

Dondre Warren

Marquis Nowell

Zack Owens

Emmanuel Owootoah

Robby Rios

Corey Smith

Braxton Tackett

Hmm.:popcorn:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordia is a small school that sits in a corner of Knott County next to the Perry County line. It's not very far from Perry's county seat of Hazard and probably has more connections with that city than they do Hindman. They've had players on their teams from Perry in most years, as well as kids that lived much closer to Knott Central than Lotts Creek. So, they have a history of having players from other school districts. And no one ever seemed to give it a thought until now. I suppose the reason was Cordia rarely ever challenged for a district title, much less a regional championship. Now that the players are transferring from a more distant area and Cordia is a threat to unseat some of the usual powers (most of who have their own history of moving in talented players to enhance their teams), the critics are out in force. Hypocrisy at its best.

Cordia is a small school that sits in a corner of Knott County next to the Perry County line. It's not very far from Perry's county seat of Hazard and probably has more connections with that city than they do Hindman. They've had players on their teams from Perry in most years, as well as kids that lived much closer to Knott Central than Lotts Creek. So, they have a history of having players from other school districts. And no one ever seemed to give it a thought until now. I suppose the reason was Cordia rarely ever challenged for a district title, much less a regional championship. Now that the players are transferring from a more distant area and Cordia is a threat to unseat some of the usual powers (most of who have their own history of moving in talented players to enhance their teams), the critics are out in force. Hypocrisy at its best.

Transferring from a more distant area?????? I would guess Canada and Mississippi would qualify. We are not talking about from the next county, we are talking about the next COUNTRY. There is a huge difference.

Transferring from a more distant area?????? I would guess Canada and Mississippi would qualify. We are not talking about from the next county, we are talking about the next COUNTRY. There is a huge difference.

No there's not. It doesn't matter how far away or how close the move is. A transfer is a transfer regardless whether it's 10 miles or 1000.

I was really impressed with Coach Rhodes and his Lions last year in the regional tournament. Depending on how long he stays at Cordia, I do believe he will have a regional championship. I don't think it will be this year or as long as Camron Justice is at Knott County Central.

My preseason top 5 goes something about like this:

1. Knott County Central

2. Hazard

3. Perry County Central

4. Cordia

5. Letcher County Central

Now all of course this all can change by the time November/December gets here but for now that's my top 5

I was really impressed with Coach Rhodes and his Lions last year in the regional tournament. Depending on how long he stays at Cordia, I do believe he will have a regional championship. I don't think it will be this year or as long as Camron Justice is at Knott County Central.

My preseason top 5 goes something about like this:

1. Knott County Central

2. Hazard

3. Perry County Central

4. Cordia

5. Letcher County Central

Now all of course this all can change by the time November/December gets here but for now that's my top 5

What does Hazard have that makes you think they are better than PCC? I'd wait until all the transfers are enrolled before I predicted this region.

What does Hazard have that makes you think they are better than PCC? I'd wait until all the transfers are enrolled before I predicted this region.

Unless something has happened, Hazard returns Chris Hudson. They also have coming back, Josh Hollan, Matt Thompson, Mobelini. Perry County Central lost quite a bit if I'm not mistaken. Cornett, Beatty and Pray. They do return Johnson and Beverly. I did hear that they got a transfer from Wolfe County. John Toomer I think is his name.

Unless something has happened, Hazard returns Chris Hudson. They also have coming back, Josh Hollan, Matt Thompson, Mobelini. Perry County Central lost quite a bit if I'm not mistaken. Cornett, Beatty and Pray. They do return Johnson and Beverly. I did hear that they got a transfer from Wolfe County. John Toomer I think is his name.

Should be interesting to see the rosters when school starts...I agree with your top 4 though, just maybe in a little different order.

Should be interesting to see the rosters when school starts...I agree with your top 4 though, just maybe in a little different order.

I'm sure it will change around November/December maybe before then. I think until they are knocked off Knott is #1 with 2 through 4 can be switched around

Ok, if 5'3 230 pound "power forward" Jimbo Hicks transfers in from Hazard to Cordia, mostly so he can get to play some basketball because he couldn't make the team at Hazard, and he plays his 13 minutes and scores his 2 points a game, sure nobody is really gonna care, and I might even go as far to say hey, good for Jimbo, bless his heart he got to play some basketball. And hey, with Cordia right there in his backyard whats the big deal, even if there were some question as to the validity of the transfer. But then again, Cordia isn't out actively "recruiting" Jimbo either from the 4 corners of the globe. What's going on there at Cordia has to be at best questionable...at worst...well, at worst a lot worse than questionable. Call it hypocritical if you want, still doesn't mean Cordia isn't doing something fishy.

Ok, if 5'3 230 pound "power forward" Jimbo Hicks transfers in from Hazard to Cordia, mostly so he can get to play some basketball because he couldn't make the team at Hazard, and he plays his 13 minutes and scores his 2 points a game, sure nobody is really gonna care, and I might even go as far to say hey, good for Jimbo, bless his heart he got to play some basketball. And hey, with Cordia right there in his backyard whats the big deal, even if there were some question as to the validity of the transfer. But then again, Cordia isn't out actively "recruiting" Jimbo either from the 4 corners of the globe. What's going on there at Cordia has to be at best questionable...at worst...well, at worst a lot worse than questionable. Call it hypocritical if you want, still doesn't mean Cordia isn't doing something fishy.

Agree completely. These kids aren't finding Cordia, Cordia is finding them. Know the KHSAA won't do anything because their hands are tied, but everyone had a fit when University Heights did a similar thing and the KHSAA finally shut it down. Rose Hill Academy did same thing. Just add Cordia to this "fishy" group.

Agree completely. These kids aren't finding Cordia, Cordia is finding them. Know the KHSAA won't do anything because their hands are tied, but everyone had a fit when University Heights did a similar thing and the KHSAA finally shut it down. Rose Hill Academy did same thing. Just add Cordia to this "fishy" group.

Just to add some truth to that post, Rose Hill Christian School was not "shut down" because of recruiting.