Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jesus - Democrat or Republican?

Featured Replies

It's an interesting question, I think. I mean, anyone who thinks Jesus would be a member of their political party or would support their candidates is profoundly silly. But, that Jesus never mentioned politics, other than his note to "give to Caesar what is Caesar's," even though he lived during a political era is interesting. And even that implies a distance to politics. So I do wonder why so many political debates hinge on religious issues. Why was Jesus so apolitical?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, that Jesus never mentioned politics, other than his note to "give to Caesar what is Caesar's," even though he lived during a political era is interesting. And even that implies a distance to politics. So I do wonder why so many political debates hinge on religious issues. Why was Jesus so apolitical?

 

I'll take a stab at this. My suspicion is that Jesus stayed away from politics because there was a widespread misconception about the Messiah during his time. The Jews expected the Messiah to deliver them from the bondage of Roman oppression. Jesus, however, had no political aspirations because his mission was to deliver the world from sin. So he avoided the subject altogether, so as not to further feed this false impression that the Messiah would have any political power.

It's an interesting question, I think. I mean, anyone who thinks Jesus would be a member of their political party or would support their candidates is profoundly silly. But, that Jesus never mentioned politics, other than his note to "give to Caesar what is Caesar's," even though he lived during a political era is interesting. And even that implies a distance to politics. So I do wonder why so many political debates hinge on religious issues. Why was Jesus so apolitical?

 

I'll take a stab at this. My suspicion is that Jesus stayed away from politics because there was a widespread misconception about the Messiah during his time. The Jews expected the Messiah to deliver them from the bondage of Roman oppression. Jesus, however, had no political aspirations because his mission was to deliver the world from sin. So he avoided the subject altogether, so as not to further feed this false impression that the Messiah would have any political power.

 

Two outstandingly astute posts, gentlemen. :thumb:

Politics got Jesus killed.

I think he would be of the party of Disappointed.

Anyone want to dig deeper and go major issue by major issue?

Example:

Abortion - Jesus would be anti-abortion = Republican

Immigration: Jesus would have open immigration policies - Democrat

 

Others?

 

If the mods think this should be a separate thread, feel free to move it.

^ I agree! Although overall I think he would be a Democrat if you go by some issues he would clearly be a Republican. However, I am not going to speak for Jesus Christ, but my gardener Jesus is a Democrat. :)

Jesus would be transparent and honest, so that pretty much rules out he is a Democrat.

Jesus would be transparent and honest, so that pretty much rules out he is a Democrat.

 

Rules out both parties. Independent all the way.

I always liked the quote, "Jesus would not take sides, as King he would take over".

I think Jesus would be too smart to even be affiliated with any political party.

I think Jesus would be too smart to even be affiliated with any political party.

 

Agreed!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.