Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jesus - Democrat or Republican?

Featured Replies

I agree with Randy's logic but for the sake of this discussion it is Republican or Democrat. Not Independent. Gotta pick one, lil homey.

 

One thing you could count on with Jesus is that he always upset the apple cart. Almost without fail, he would go against the status quo of his day. So I'm saying he would buck the current two-party system & blaze his own trail. Independent.

 

But if you give me my taffy, I'll go with Pro-Life Democrat. :lol2:

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither. Jesus is pure and honest, something politicians know nothing about.

Neither. Jesus is pure and honest, something politicians know nothing about.

 

Good point and we all know this but y'all are killing the point of this thread. :lol:

One thing you could count on with Jesus is that he always upset the apple cart. Almost without fail, he would go against the status quo of his day. So I'm saying he would buck the current two-party system & blaze his own trail. Independent.

 

But if you give me my taffy, I'll go with Pro-Life Democrat. :lol2:

 

 

How about a Myrtle Beach Palmetto tree bumper sticker or a Rebel Flag towel from one of the Myrtle Beach souvenir stores?:D

How about a Myrtle Beach Palmetto tree bumper sticker or a Rebel Flag towel from one of the Myrtle Beach souvenir stores?:D

 

Thanks, but no thanks. :lol2:

Good point and we all know this but y'all are killing the point of this thread. :lol:
Ok, I'll give you that.

 

How's this for his campaign slogan?

 

Jesus-Change-We-Can-Really-Believe-In-300x231.jpg

He would just tick both sides off until they couldn't take it any more. The sides would agree to sentence him to death.

He wouldn't be a modern day Democrat with their current secular socialist ideals. I think He would be for individual freedom, personal accountability and responsibility. Perhaps He would be a Libertarian.

Libertarian leaning Tea Party type Republican . ( tea party in the limited govt approach but much more libertarian in social issues) He's the king of freedom , he wouldnt demand everyone march lock step with him .

he wouldnt demand everyone march lock step with him.

 

Interesting point.

 

Now that I think about it, I also have a hard time imagining that Jesus would compromise on much of anything. He pretty much said the things that he said & if people were with him, that's great. If not, then so be it. There were several times when he would say things knowing full well that his comments would drive people away.

The ones he would tick off the most are the ones who really think they have it figured out.

I wonder what parables he would tell today. My bet would be that very few institutions would be spoken of favorably - not only political parties, but religious institutions as well.

Or maybe he would perform his greatest miracle and unite the two parties. :)

religious institutions as well.

 

No doubt. During his ministry he reserved his harshest words for "religious" people.

The ones he would tick off the most are the ones who really think they have it figured out.

I wonder what parables he would tell today. My bet would be that very few institutions would be spoken of favorably - not only political parties, but religious institutions as well.

 

 

I could listen to his modern day parables all day long.

I could listen to his modern day parables all day long.

 

Then Jesus called his disciples together and told them this parable. "There was a man of tremendous girth who once went on a long journey. Upon his departure, he assured a small child that he would return bearing many gifts. The man of tremendous girth departed and was away for quite some time. The child longed for the day when the man returned, clinging to the promise that he would be showered with many blessings.

 

"However, when the man returned from his journey, he failed to uphold the promise made to the child. Disappointed, the child decided to overlook the selfishness and greed of the man. He said to the man, 'Though my heart is broken and my mouth yearns for the taffy of the South, I forgive you my brother.'"

 

"The man of tremendous girth replied, 'Son, I spent all of my money indulging personal pleasures--the finest delicacies and nectar of the vine--and I had nothing left for the gifts that I promised.'"

 

"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "in the kingdom that is to come, the child will be given blessings that will overflow in his lap. But the man of tremendous girth will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

 

2 Randylonians 3: 5-10

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.